Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

 
Post Reply
Page 73 of 73  •  Prev 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73
Switch to Forum Live View OUTLAW BULLETS NOW!!! GUNS WITHOUT AMMO CAN NOT HARM ANYONE!!!!!!
7 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2011 - 6:02PM #721
Hatman
Posts: 9,954
All-
Yep; "to one whose only tool is a hammer, every problem will look like a nail."

My personal preference is for a shotgun, the Cobray/SWD Streetsweeper, with a 12 (or more) round clip and quick-change capability...unfortunately, not readily available in America due to Unconstitutional federal "law."
Where i live, i don't need to worry about overpenetration, and for close-quarters work, no other weapon i can think of is more devastating...well, save for the hand-held thermonuclear device, but no one survives that one.

The sawed-off shotgun was the preferred weapon of Teddy Roosevelt's RoughRiders, especially for engaging the enemy up close and personal.

Obviously, there are places and situations where a long rifle is to be preferred, too.  Reminds me of a snooty lady who approached a sheriff and asked him if---because of the weapon on his hip---he expected trouble.  "Nope," he replied, "if I expected trouble, I would've brought my rifle" or "I use my pistol until i can get to my rifle," etc.

The vid that Babis provided a link to earlier gave me a glimpse of what the M-134(iirc) can do, which reminds me a good deal of the Phoenix anti-missle system; it's a gatling-gun like weapon, but far more rounds can be fired in far less time, obviously.  Could be handy against minimally-armored vehicles, or to repel assault by mercenaries/oathbreaking criminal US Army troops/UN troops.

With goodwill to all the People-

Hatman
"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2011 - 8:36PM #722
mytmouse57
Posts: 9,782

There's a hand-held thermonuclear device?


I want one of those for jackrabbit hunting.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2011 - 10:53PM #723
Ebon
Posts: 10,148

Jan 29, 2011 -- 6:02PM, Hatman wrote:

   The sawed-off shotgun was the preferred weapon of Teddy Roosevelt's RoughRiders, especially for engaging the enemy up close and personal.



Also the preferred weapon of armed robbers here because they were easy to conceal and, historically, easier to get hold of than handguns.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2011 - 11:06PM #724
Guessses
Posts: 2,233

Still waiting for the "outlaw cars movement"! 

Infinite Blessings
Mike/NAFOD
"Lord, please, protect me from Your followers!"
"WWBD? Buddha- Does it matter? If you are enlightened it does not. If you are not enlightened it still doesn't matter."
"If you go looking to place blame, eventually you'll wind up blaming the Gods"
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 30, 2011 - 8:54AM #725
mytmouse57
Posts: 9,782

Jan 29, 2011 -- 10:53PM, Ebon wrote:


Jan 29, 2011 -- 6:02PM, Hatman wrote:

  The sawed-off shotgun was the preferred weapon of Teddy Roosevelt's RoughRiders, especially for engaging the enemy up close and personal.



Also the preferred weapon of armed robbers here because they were easy to conceal and, historically, easier to get hold of than handguns.





Yeah.


But they're still not as cool as the Holy Hand Gernade.


www.youtube.com/watch?v=99X8WDQWAKg

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 30, 2011 - 10:23AM #726
Hatman
Posts: 9,954

Jan 29, 2011 -- 8:36PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

There's a hand-held thermonuclear device?


I want one of those for jackrabbit hunting.


At the risk of offending yet MORE people, it's standard issue in the Polish army...akin, perhaps, to the war between the Italians and the Polish; the Polish had thrown dynamite at the Italian positions; the Italians lit it and threw it back.

With goodwill to all the People-

Hatman

"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 30, 2011 - 7:51PM #727
Peter_d_roman
Posts: 5,999

 


 


oh yes " the holy hand granade"


 


now there's a weapon like no other !


 


if only we hade those instead of hand guns...


 


>o


 


Jan 30, 2011 -- 8:54AM, mytmouse57 wrote:


Jan 29, 2011 -- 10:53PM, Ebon wrote:


Jan 29, 2011 -- 6:02PM, Hatman wrote:

  The sawed-off shotgun was the preferred weapon of Teddy Roosevelt's RoughRiders, especially for engaging the enemy up close and personal.



Also the preferred weapon of armed robbers here because they were easy to conceal and, historically, easier to get hold of than handguns.





Yeah.


But they're still not as cool as the Holy Hand Gernade.


www.youtube.com/watch?v=99X8WDQWAKg





Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 73 of 73  •  Prev 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook