Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

 
Post Reply
Page 6 of 73  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 73 Next
Switch to Forum Live View OUTLAW BULLETS NOW!!! GUNS WITHOUT AMMO CAN NOT HARM ANYONE!!!!!!
7 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2011 - 12:12AM #51
Yavanna
Posts: 3,149

I'm not sorry, I just don't sleep well at night knowing that people like you help create policy in my nation.

The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.

For ancient king and elvish lord
There many a gloaming golden hoard
They shaped and wrought, and light they caught
To hide in gems on hilt of sword.
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2011 - 12:14AM #52
Do_unto_others
Posts: 11,942

Jan 11, 2011 -- 12:12AM, teilhard wrote:


We NEED tougher Gun Laws BETTER Enforced ...





I've been saying that all along. At least I thought I was.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2011 - 12:15AM #53
Yavanna
Posts: 3,149

Jan 11, 2011 -- 12:14AM, Do_unto_others wrote:


Jan 11, 2011 -- 12:12AM, teilhard wrote:


We NEED tougher Gun Laws BETTER Enforced ...





I've been saying that all along. At least I thought I was.





I'm glad you are. When you were cheering on Englands lack of guns and saying there was hope for us here, it's easy to see why one might think you were suggesting disarmament. I'll agree with you all day long that guns, particularly pistols, should be more tightly regulated.

The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.

For ancient king and elvish lord
There many a gloaming golden hoard
They shaped and wrought, and light they caught
To hide in gems on hilt of sword.
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2011 - 12:17AM #54
Peter_d_roman
Posts: 5,999

my influence in shaping, creating , forming or even opening discussions on OUR nations policies is exactly the sane as yours is -


 


none at all.


 


im sorry my faith offends you -


 


ill try to keep it down.


 


 


>o


 


Jan 11, 2011 -- 12:12AM, Yavanna wrote:


I'm not sorry, I just don't sleep well at night knowing that people like you help create policy in my nation.





Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2011 - 12:19AM #55
Do_unto_others
Posts: 11,942

Jan 11, 2011 -- 12:15AM, Yavanna wrote:


Jan 11, 2011 -- 12:14AM, Do_unto_others wrote:


Jan 11, 2011 -- 12:12AM, teilhard wrote:


We NEED tougher Gun Laws BETTER Enforced ...





I've been saying that all along. At least I thought I was.





I'm glad you are. When you were cheering on Englands lack of guns and saying there was hope for us here, it's easy to see why one might think you were suggesting disarmament. I'll agree with you all day long that guns, particularly pistols, should be more tightly regulated.





Thanks for your support and agreement. As has been pointed out, England does not have a complete "lack of guns" either - but far, far fewer than in the gun-luvin' U. S. of A.


Disarmament is, indeed, a utopia. I dream of it, but I honestly don't think I have proposed it here.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2011 - 12:21AM #56
Yavanna
Posts: 3,149

I wasn't assuming you were an American. It's not your faith that offends me, it's the projection of it onto everyone else. You're no different than Bush, you simply arrive at the same conclusion by a different means.

The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.

For ancient king and elvish lord
There many a gloaming golden hoard
They shaped and wrought, and light they caught
To hide in gems on hilt of sword.
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2011 - 12:22AM #57
Hatman
Posts: 9,954
Peter-

if moses and all else that places then self under the law Yahweh's gave to moses killed or had anyone killed then he violated Yahweh's Law and maybe THAT is why he was banned from the promised land as well as heaven itself.


No.  Moses was forbidden entry to the Promised land because when asked "Who brought water from the rock," he answered "I did," instead of giving credit where credit was due.  As to heaven itself, wasn't Moses one of those who appeared on the Mount of Tranfiguration?  If so, then it's more likely than not that Moses is indeed in heaven, and was then, too---probably for quite some time.

Beside the point, tho.  God blessed both Moses AND David, and after they'd committed murder, too.

God sees the reasoning in the heart; Moses sought to protect an Israelite that was being beaten; David, although he infamously sent the husband of Bathsheba off to certain death so he could have her, repented most sincerely, and was forgiven, albeit after much tribulation in his house.

Warmest regards-

Hatman

"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2011 - 12:23AM #58
Yavanna
Posts: 3,149

Jan 11, 2011 -- 12:19AM, Do_unto_others wrote:


Jan 11, 2011 -- 12:15AM, Yavanna wrote:


Jan 11, 2011 -- 12:14AM, Do_unto_others wrote:


Jan 11, 2011 -- 12:12AM, teilhard wrote:


We NEED tougher Gun Laws BETTER Enforced ...





I've been saying that all along. At least I thought I was.





I'm glad you are. When you were cheering on Englands lack of guns and saying there was hope for us here, it's easy to see why one might think you were suggesting disarmament. I'll agree with you all day long that guns, particularly pistols, should be more tightly regulated.





Thanks for your support and agreement. As has been pointed out, England does not have a complete "lack of guns" either - but far, far fewer than in the gun-luvin' U. S. of A.


Disarmament is, indeed, a utopia. I dream of it, but I honestly don't think I have proposed it here.




You're certainly very welcome. Pistols scare me. Any weapon that can be concealed is among the most dangerous, IMO.

The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.

For ancient king and elvish lord
There many a gloaming golden hoard
They shaped and wrought, and light they caught
To hide in gems on hilt of sword.
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2011 - 12:23AM #59
Do_unto_others
Posts: 11,942

Did Moses and David commit their murders with guns? Semi-automatic Glocks? Over/unders? Single-action? Muskets? Please tell us, inquiring minds want to know. Give us the tuypes and especially the size of the weapons.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2011 - 12:27AM #60
Peter_d_roman
Posts: 5,999

yes hatman i understand that you cite " the bible centered churches view and opinion" on these matters-


 


but we will both have to wait for Our IN-PERSON Meeting with Our Savior to get The Fullest Truth of it.


 


>o


 


Jan 11, 2011 -- 12:22AM, Hatman wrote:

Peter-

if moses and all else that places then self under the law Yahweh's gave to moses killed or had anyone killed then he violated Yahweh's Law and maybe THAT is why he was banned from the promised land as well as heaven itself.


No.  Moses was forbidden entry to the Promised land because when asked "Who brought water from the rock," he answered "I did," instead of giving credit where credit was due.  As to heaven itself, wasn't Moses one of those who appeared on the Mount of Tranfiguration?  If so, then it's more likely than not that Moses is indeed in heaven, and was then, too---probably for quite some time.  Beside the point, tho.  God blessed both Moses AND David, and after they'd committed murder, too.  God sees the reasoning in the heart; Moses sought to protect an Israelite that was being beaten; David, although he infamously sent the husband of Bathsheba off to certain death so he could have her, repented most sincerely, and was forgiven, albeit after much tribulation in his house.  Warmest regards-  Hatman




Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 73  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 73 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook