Page 79 of 79  •  Prev 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79
4 years ago  ::  Jan 01, 2011 - 6:55PM #781
Roodog

It's strange that I had taken the position that I have. I am generally supportive of the 14th Amendment and what it did for the former slaves.

Perhaps  it is due to the jealousy I had acquired while working for the State and City Governments against Federal encroachment.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 01, 2011 - 10:29PM #782
teilhard

Interestingly, during the last couple Decades, MANY formerly "Federal" Responsibilities have been handed back to The States, which have in turn handed Responsibilities back to Counties and Municipalities ...

Jan 1, 2011 -- 6:55PM, Roodog wrote:

It's strange that I had taken the position that I have. I am generally supportive of the 14th Amendment and what it did for the former slaves.

Perhaps  it is due to the jealousy I had acquired while working for the State and City Governments against Federal encroachment.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2011 - 7:15PM #783
Ricky

It happened again - another innocent person was freed after 30 years in prison for a crime he didn't commit thanks to the Innocents project.  God only knows how many innocent people were executed by the states by those claiming to being good Christians and pretending to be doing his work in their zeal to kill off wrongfully accused people.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2011 - 7:19PM #784
teilhard

Our Judicial Sysytem is im-perfect, as is every Human Being ...

Jan 4, 2011 -- 7:15PM, Ricky wrote:

It happened again - another innocent person was freed after 30 years in prison for a crime he didn't commit thanks to the Innocents project.  God only knows how many innocent people were executed by the states by those claiming to being good Christians and pretending to be doing his work in their zeal to kill off wrongfully accused people.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2011 - 7:26PM #785
Ricky

Good to know you are so forgiving of the state's errors. I wonder if people who have suffered as did that innocent man are equally forgiving.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2011 - 7:35PM #786
teilhard

In "Life," SOME Suffering is not only NORMAL, but is INEVITABLE ...

Human Beings not only make Mistakes -- despite the BEST of Intentions -- but SOMETIMES commit Actions that are outright intentionally EVIL ...

THAT is why we fallible Human Beings HAVE and NEED a Judicial System ... and THAT is why we TRY to make it as BETTER as possible ...

I once got a  "Speeding Ticket" that I don't believe I deserved ... The DEA once tried to ENTRAP me into a bogus Arrangement that would been BIIIIIG Trouble ...

I got over it ...

I have a Nephew who is a Licensed (and Gun-Toting) Peace Officer ... He hasn't yet discharged his Weapon at another Person ... But if he ever DOES so, I hope and trust it will be in SELF-DEFENSE and/or Defense of some other Innocent Person(s) ...

We " ... live and move and have our being ... " in an IM-Perfect World ... SOMETIMES circumstances REQUIRE that we ACT accordingly ...

Jan 4, 2011 -- 7:26PM, Ricky wrote:

Good to know you are so forgiving of the state's errors. I wonder if people who have suffered as did that innocent man are equally forgiving.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2011 - 12:43PM #787
Ricky

THAT is why we fallible Human Beings HAVE and NEED a Judicial System ...  and THAT is why we TRY to make it as BETTER as possible ...

Which is why I say we need more jury nullification along with questioning of police and prosecutorial practices.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2011 - 12:46PM #788
teilhard

We CERTAINLY need constant Judicial Review as well as Public Attention, Legislated Reforms, and a whole lot else ...

Jan 10, 2011 -- 12:43PM, Ricky wrote:

THAT is why we fallible Human Beings HAVE and NEED a Judicial System ... and THAT is why we TRY to make it as BETTER as possible ...

Which is why I say we need more jury nullification along with questioning of police and prosecutorial practices.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2011 - 1:19PM #789
Roodog

IF the Feds DO convict Jared I hope they hang him!

Unlike what they did to that traitor and baby killer Terry Nichols.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 79 of 79  •  Prev 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook