Post Reply
Page 1 of 79  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 79 Next
4 years ago  ::  Nov 09, 2010 - 12:05PM #1
teilhard
Posts: 50,811

That horrific murder story in Connecticut has resulted in verdict of Guilty, and Sentence of DEATH for one of the two perpetrators ... the second will go on trial later this year ...


They invaded a home, took hostage TWO children, girls age 11 and 17 ... Sexually assaulted and murdered the mother ... tied the Girls to their beds and doused them in gasoline ... one of the girls also reportedly was sexually assaulted ...


We don't have The Death Penalty here in Minnesota, and I oppose it generally ... But in THAT case, Execution probably IS the appropriate remedy if for no other Reason than that the two rapist-murderers have vividly demonstrated that they are simply too DANGEROUS to allow them to live ... ANYWHERE ... even in Prison ...


They will be treated respectfully and kindly ... and finally put-to-death as humanely as possible ...


 


Host note: Remember when starting a thread at HTZ add a link to current news item.


Link from post seven (thanks Lonesentinel):


www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/11/09/connecticut...


 


 

Moderated by Stardove on Nov 16, 2010 - 02:25PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 09, 2010 - 12:20PM #2
Nepenthe
Posts: 2,703

Nov 9, 2010 -- 12:05PM, teilhard wrote:

They will be treated respectfully and kindly...




By who? 

Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 09, 2010 - 12:24PM #3
teilhard
Posts: 50,811

By the Court Officials, Corrections Officers, et al. ...


I know this to be a Fact ... I spent a couple Years as a Chaplain in a Super-Max ...


Residents of Correctional Facilities in The USA are ( generally ) treated VERY well ( within The LIMITS needed for Security and Safety -- no small Matters ... )


Nov 9, 2010 -- 12:20PM, Nepenthe wrote:


Nov 9, 2010 -- 12:05PM, teilhard wrote:

They will be treated respectfully and kindly...




By who? 





Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 09, 2010 - 12:31PM #4
teilhard
Posts: 50,811

Yes ... Our Courts, our Jails, our Prisons are SAD Realities -- but NECESSARY ...


SOME Human Beings are simply unwilling or unable to restrain themselves from Evil Actions, so The Community acts to restrain them ...


Nov 9, 2010 -- 12:28PM, Nepenthe wrote:

Nov 9, 2010 -- 12:24PM, teilhard wrote:


By the Court Officials, Corrections Officers, et al. ...


I know this to be a Fact ... I spent a couple Years as a Chaplain in a Super-Max ...


Residents of Correctional Facilities in The USA are ( generally ) treated VERY well ( within The LIMITS needed for Security and Safety -- no small Matters ... )


Nov 9, 2010 -- 12:20PM, Nepenthe wrote:


Nov 9, 2010 -- 12:05PM, teilhard wrote:

They will be treated respectfully and kindly...




By who? 












Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 09, 2010 - 12:33PM #5
mountain_man
Posts: 39,124

What does this have to do with the death penalty and where's the link to something about the death penalty in the news?

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 09, 2010 - 12:38PM #6
teilhard
Posts: 50,811

ummmm ... I don't have the Link ... I'm sure you can "Google" the Connecticut Story ...


If you don't care to Discuss The Death Penalty as a "Hot Topic" ... fine ...


Go in Peace(+) ...


Nov 9, 2010 -- 12:33PM, mountain_man wrote:


What does this have to do with the death penalty and where's the link to something about the death penalty in the news?





Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 09, 2010 - 1:19PM #7
Lonesentinel
Posts: 2,423

Here is the link:


www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/11/09/connecticut...


Nov 9, 2010 -- 12:38PM, teilhard wrote:


ummmm ... I don't have the Link ... I'm sure you can "Google" the Connecticut Story ...


If you don't care to Discuss The Death Penalty as a "Hot Topic" ... fine ...


Go in Peace(+) ...


Nov 9, 2010 -- 12:33PM, mountain_man wrote:


What does this have to do with the death penalty and where's the link to something about the death penalty in the news?









Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 09, 2010 - 1:30PM #8
Girlchristian
Posts: 11,124

Nov 9, 2010 -- 12:05PM, teilhard wrote:


That horrific murder story in Connecticut has resulted in verdict of Guilty, and Sentence of DEATH for one of the two perpetrators ... the second will go on trial later this year ...


They invaded a home, took hostage TWO children, girls age 11 and 17 ... Sexually assaulted and murdered the mother ... tied the Girls to their beds and doused them in gasoline ... one of the girls also reportedly was sexually assaulted ...


We don't have The Death Penalty here in Minnesota, and I oppose it generally ... But in THAT case, Execution probably IS the appropriate remedy if for no other Reason than that the two rapist-murderers have vividly demonstrated that they are simply too DANGEROUS to allow them to live ... ANYWHERE ... even in Prison ...


They will be treated respectfully and kindly ... and finally put-to-death as humanely as possible ...


 




There are very few instances where I support the death penalty, but sexual assault of a child is one of them.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 09, 2010 - 1:33PM #9
allthegoodnamesweretaken
Posts: 11,634

Gods....


 


I actually agree with T.....

Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 09, 2010 - 1:35PM #10
farragut
Posts: 3,979

Aye. I agree, Th. For once, you've got something right.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 79  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 79 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook