Page 4 of 9  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The Elections Are Over - Now What?
4 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2010 - 11:40AM #31
Jstanl

Nov 3, 2010 -- 11:32AM, whirlgirl wrote:

"Brewer got 55% of the vote. In political terms that is an ass kicking."

Actually--nope.

Again-it helps to know the facts--that is exactly the party split in the state.

No "ass-kicking" involved.

But then if there is no knowledge of the state's population there are bound to be such misstatetments....

A win by 55% is an ass-kicking.  That's ten percentage points over the rest of the field, whoever they are.

Are you telling us that there are only Democrats and Republicans in Arizona?  There are no independents in Arizona?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2010 - 11:49AM #32
Jstanl

Republicans are indeed the party of NO.

And that is why, yesterday, they gained control of the House and a much closer balance in the Senate.  And a substantial gain in Republican governors.

And still the Democrats want to tell us how to conduct our business.  Wink

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2010 - 1:26PM #33
Find1Answer

Nov 3, 2010 -- 10:26AM, TENAC wrote:

I am actually thrilled where it ended up. 

Close to control of the Senate, but not control.

The repubs in the House can hold the line on spending and continually send bills back to the Senate for them to either accept limited or cuts in spending or reject.  The American people just rejected big government in a huge HUGE way.

Today's presser with "o" will be interesting.  I believe he will attempt to throw all responsibility onto the House leadership.  He will make no attempt to govern the next two years (he cant govern, he has shown that.  He can campaign, but not govern).

The House had better send health care repeal, spending cuts weekly to the senate.  I fully expect obama to veto everything.

The governorships were critical.  That will hamsting obama in 2012.

I know it was a republican goal to take governorships,   they announced it 2008.    By having R governors they will fight for states rights vs fed rights.    They put a lot of energy into the endeavor and it paid off.     I hope the states in their fragile financial state do not waste a lot of money on message bills and frivoulous lawsuits against the government.     I think that was just a campaign tactic anyway.

My state routinely votes a democrat governor to help check the enduring repub state legislature.    Generally we have candidates from both stripes that are good decent candidates.   I voted for Huntsman(R)  two years ago.       This year we had Huntsman's Lt governor as a candidate.    Herbert is not ethical but he did win and I fear for my state.     Herberts defense against several ethically questionable acts was indignation,  never any transparancy.     Herbert was the speaker of the R house and was tapped to be Jon Huntsman's lt governor.    When Obama, blast his soul sent Huntsman to China as ambassador we defaulted to Herbert.    I do not understand why Huntsman chose Herbert because they are not a match.   Corroon  his opponent was a much better match for Utah.

"I don’t care if the federal government is telling me to buy my employees Jack Daniel’s or birth control. What gives them the right to tell me that I have to do that? That’s my issue, that’s what I object to, and that’s the beginning and end of the story."

This hint that Potter had merely swaddled an anti-government rant within a "religious" blanket illustrates the main problem with Justice Samuel Alito's majority opinion in Hobby Lobby: it takes claims of religious scruples for granted.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-expanded-hobby-lobby-20140702-column.html#page=1
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2010 - 1:35PM #34
Nepenthe

The Elections Are Over - Now What?

Now, I go through my day feel happy that many democrats lost.

Of course, this is countered by my feeling of sadness due to many republicans winning.

Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2010 - 1:38PM #35
Christianlib

Nov 3, 2010 -- 11:49AM, Jstanl wrote:

And that is why, yesterday, they gained control of the House and a much closer balance in the Senate.  And a substantial gain in Republican governors.

And still the Democrats want to tell us how to conduct our business. 

Please explain to us how "NO" solves any problems.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2010 - 1:39PM #36
teilhard

King-Maker / Queen-Maker ...

Nov 3, 2010 -- 11:35AM, whirlgirl wrote:

"Palin had wins and losses"

Oh--was she running for something?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2010 - 1:40PM #37
Christianlib

Queens are not allowed in Palin's world.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2010 - 1:41PM #38
Lonesentinel

Nov 3, 2010 -- 11:49AM, Jstanl wrote:

And still the Democrats want to tell us how to conduct our business. 

I dont know if you agree with me or not jstanl, but now that they have control of the House, that 'tune of NO' is not gonna help them with the election in 2 years.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2010 - 1:42PM #39
Guessses

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Infinite Blessings
Mike/NAFOD
"Lord, please, protect me from Your followers!"
"WWBD? Buddha- Does it matter? If you are enlightened it does not. If you are not enlightened it still doesn't matter."
"If you go looking to place blame, eventually you'll wind up blaming the Gods"
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2010 - 1:46PM #40
teilhard

Nov 3, 2010 -- 1:40PM, Christianlib wrote:

(Drag)Queens are not allowed in Palin's world.

I agree ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 9  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook