Page 79 of 79  •  Prev 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79
Switch to Forum Live View Erdogan: Israel Must Apologise for State Terrorism Against Turkey
1 month ago  ::  Nov 18, 2014 - 7:42AM #781
Dostojevsky

Nov 12, 2014 -- 6:50AM, habesor wrote:

Dos,

What is your point about Natanyahu's phone call and how does this relate to the ICC statement?

Habesor

Netanyahu appologised for the crimes Israel commited  on MM. So it is true. Right?

There is nothing left for ICC to do except bring Israel to trial.

If the world were blessed with justice, we would see it happen. As it is, not likely.

Too many Zionists hold high position jobs throughout Europe and 30bl trade between EU and Israel. You can't jepardise that. ICC is mainly for poor African countries.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 month ago  ::  Nov 19, 2014 - 4:05AM #782
habesor

I was not listening in on the phone call but as I understand it after being told by the Americans that the Turks were interested in mending relations with Israel, Natanyahu phoned the Turks and expressed sorrow over the loss of life and also expressed a willingness to negotiate some Israeli payments to the families who lost members. There was no reference to Israel breaking international law. As it happened the Americans were wrong and the Turks were not interested in any Israeli good will gestures towards Turkey.

Can you find any mention in any ICC statement that Israel and Israel alone violated international law?

Habesor

Habesor
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 month ago  ::  Nov 19, 2014 - 9:26AM #783
Dostojevsky

Habesor, this appology happened months ago.

I am sure there are references to be found.

I read it and would not know where to go and find it again.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 month ago  ::  Nov 20, 2014 - 12:11AM #784
habesor

Dos,

I found the following reference to Natanyahu's phone call after about five seconds on the internet using Google. 

www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/n...

The lead reads as follows:

Two leaders spoke for first time since 2009; agreed to normalize relations, return ambassadors to Tel Aviv and Ankara; Turkey agreed to cancel all legal proceedings initiated against IDF officers and soldiers over Mavi Marmara incident; Turkey FM: Apology meets all of Turkey's demands.

Here is the Jerusalem Post report on the phone call:

www.jpost.com/International/Obama-Netany...

And here is Erdogan's excuse for not normalizing relations with Israel after the phone call.

www.middleeastmonitor.com/news/europe/12...

This is how Wikipedia analyzed Turkish- Israeli relations:

"Relations between Israel and Turkey took a downturn during the term of Recep Tayyip Erdoğan as Turkish Prime Minister. Though Erdoğan had paid an official visit to Israel in 2005 and initially had maintained business-as-usual relations, his strong anti-Israeli rhetoric is considered to have symbolized an intentional shift of Turkish interests in the Middle East and realignment from secular Israeli-oriented to Islamist pro-Arab stance of Turkish Republic. Most notably, the relations deteriorated after the 2008–09 Gaza War and the 2010 Gaza flotilla raid. In March 2013, Israel apologized for the raid, opening path for normalized relations.[7][8] However, despite US-mediation, no progress has been achieved in reconciliation through 2013." [Emphasis by me]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel%E2%80%93Tur...

Dos,

There was no indication that there was any admition that any international laws were violated by Israel during Natanyahu's phone call to Erdogan. There is every indication that Turkey, under the Islamist Erdogan, has reshaped Turkish foreign policy in a way to gain favor in the rest of the Middle East by supporting Arab Islamists. Erdogan has certainly been successful in souring relations between Turkey and Israel but it remains to be seen if this action by Turkey leads to any foreign policy successes elsewhere.

Habesor 

Habesor
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 weeks ago  ::  Nov 25, 2014 - 10:15AM #785
BDboy

Nov 19, 2014 -- 4:05AM, habesor wrote:

I was not listening in on the phone call but as I understand it after being told by the Americans that the Turks were interested in mending relations with Israel, Natanyahu phoned the Turks and expressed sorrow over the loss of life and also expressed a willingness to negotiate some Israeli payments to the families who lost members. There was no reference to Israel breaking international law. As it happened the Americans were wrong and the Turks were not interested in any Israeli good will gestures towards Turkey.

Can you find any mention in any ICC statement that Israel and Israel alone violated international law?

Habesor

>>>>>>> Sure. After breaking so many international laws and mindless murders, Israel feels it is above all laws.

Killing Turkish citizens were not the only international law Israel broke.

It has broken plenty of laws many times.

It denied all of it. Why break this awful "Tradition" for bunch of Turkish non-Jews??

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 weeks ago  ::  Nov 25, 2014 - 11:48AM #786
rocketjsquirell

The Erdogan effect is spreading 

Turkish Governor Threatens To Turn Synagogue Into Museum

“Hatred and anti-Semitism have seized the state,” says opposition lawmaker

. . .

The governor of the Turkish province of Edirne has threatened to turn a historic synagogue into a museum, the Hurriyet Daily News reports. “While those bandits blow winds of war inside al-Aqsa and slay Muslims, we build their synagogues,” said Dursun Şahin, making reference to recent tensions in Jerusalem, and implicating Turkey’s Jewish population in the blame for them.

“I say this with a huge hatred inside me,” he continued. “We clean their graveyards, send their projects to boards. But the synagogue here will be registered only as a museum, and there will be no exhibitions inside it.” The synagogue, which dates back to 1907, is in the process of being restored by the government, and Jewish residents were planning to host sermons and wedding ceremonies there.

. . .

tabletmag.com/scroll/187203/turkish-gove...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 weeks ago  ::  Dec 06, 2014 - 1:17PM #787
BDboy

Nov 25, 2014 -- 11:48AM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

The Erdogan effect is spreading 

Turkish Governor Threatens To Turn Synagogue Into Museum

“Hatred and anti-Semitism have seized the state,” says opposition lawmaker

. . .

The governor of the Turkish province of Edirne has threatened to turn a historic synagogue into a museum, the Hurriyet Daily News reports. “While those bandits blow winds of war inside al-Aqsa and slay Muslims, we build their synagogues,” said Dursun Şahin, making reference to recent tensions in Jerusalem, and implicating Turkey’s Jewish population in the blame for them.

“I say this with a huge hatred inside me,” he continued. “We clean their graveyards, send their projects to boards. But the synagogue here will be registered only as a museum, and there will be no exhibitions inside it.” The synagogue, which dates back to 1907, is in the process of being restored by the government, and Jewish residents were planning to host sermons and wedding ceremonies there.

. . .

tabletmag.com/scroll/187203/turkish-gove...

>>>>>>>>> While horrible  situation in Palestine and Jerusalem is stoking a lot of emotions among Muslims [ Source: www.dawn.com/news/1142458

www.jpost.com/Defense/Jewish-settler-pri...  ] 

but your information about turning artg Jewish temple into Musium is not correct.

Turkish Daily reports [Hurriyet Daily News]...

Synagogue under restoration will not be turned into museum, says top official

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 79 of 79  •  Prev 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook