Post Reply
Page 73 of 73  •  Prev 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73
Switch to Forum Live View Erdogan: Israel Must Apologise for State Terrorism Against Turkey
3 weeks ago  ::  Mar 27, 2014 - 3:53PM #721
Shusha
Posts: 3,720

Mar 27, 2014 -- 10:25AM, BDboy wrote:


After long arguments and discussions, Israel seems to back down from it's previous hostile positions with Turkey.


It decided to "Allow" medicine and supplies from Turkey to hospitals of Gaza. Remember Mavi Marmara was carrying such supplies....


Here are some new came hours ago.


in.reuters.com/article/2014/03/27/israel...



www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/....



Guess we should thank Israel for using it's God given common senses this time and not giving into demands from Israeli fanatics.





Israel has always allowed medicines and supplies into Gaza.  To imply otherwise is dishonest. 


What Israel has not allowed is building materials which can be made into weapons and then used on Israel's innocent civilian population.


The Mavi Mamara wasn't prevented from reaching Gaza because she carried medicines and supplies.  She was prevented because she was illegally running a naval blockade and refused to stop to have her cargo examined by Israeli forces.  (An examination which is required because construction materials are made into weapons which are used on Israel's innocent civilian population.) 


If Turkey refuses to have the supplies it is delivering to Gaza examined, and if they try to run the blockade again, I'm certain it will achieve the same result as the Mavi Mamara.  And deservingly so.  Hopefully Turkey won't be so stupid this time. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 weeks ago  ::  Apr 05, 2014 - 2:16PM #722
BDboy
Posts: 4,517

Mar 27, 2014 -- 3:53PM, Shusha wrote:


Mar 27, 2014 -- 10:25AM, BDboy wrote:


After long arguments and discussions, Israel seems to back down from it's previous hostile positions with Turkey.


It decided to "Allow" medicine and supplies from Turkey to hospitals of Gaza. Remember Mavi Marmara was carrying such supplies....


Here are some new came hours ago.


in.reuters.com/article/2014/03/27/israel...



www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/....



Guess we should thank Israel for using it's God given common senses this time and not giving into demands from Israeli fanatics.





Israel has always allowed medicines and supplies into Gaza.  To imply otherwise is dishonest. 


What Israel has not allowed is building materials which can be made into weapons and then used on Israel's innocent civilian population.


The Mavi Mamara wasn't prevented from reaching Gaza because she carried medicines and supplies.  She was prevented because she was illegally running a naval blockade and refused to stop to have her cargo examined by Israeli forces.  (An examination which is required because construction materials are made into weapons which are used on Israel's innocent civilian population.) 


If Turkey refuses to have the supplies it is delivering to Gaza examined, and if they try to run the blockade again, I'm certain it will achieve the same result as the Mavi Mamara.  And deservingly so.  Hopefully Turkey won't be so stupid this time. 





>>>>>>> If Israel "Always" allowed to get medicine to Gaza, the international community did not have to get to a large boat to get those supplies to Gaza. So I disagree with this comment.



NO one broke any alledged naval blocade. The ship was in international waters and they were brutally attacked.  [ Source: www.bbc.com/news/10203726 ]



So based on authentic information, it was Israel who attacked Mavi Marmara in international waters (No one can put blokade on international waters). After getting away with many murders for so long, Israel is being accounted for their illigal "Adventures"!!





Quick Reply
Cancel
2 weeks ago  ::  Apr 05, 2014 - 7:35PM #723
Shusha
Posts: 3,720

Apr 5, 2014 -- 2:16PM, BDboy wrote:


>>>>>>> If Israel "Always" allowed to get medicine to Gaza, the international community did not have to get to a large boat to get those supplies to Gaza. So I disagree with this comment.



NO one broke any alledged naval blocade. The ship was in international waters and they were brutally attacked.  [ Source: www.bbc.com/news/10203726 ]





The international community did not have to get those supplies to Gaza.  Supplies were reaching Gaza at that time, and continue to be.  It was a stunt.  Further, those supplies on board the Mavi Mamara would have been delivered.  The only thing the Israel demanded was for the supplies to be inspected by them.  This is necessary because smuggling supplies into Gaza in order to build rockets -- tens of thousands of rockets purposed to kill innocent Israeli non-combatant civilians -- is a valid security concern for Israel. 


A ship in international waters is not immune to a naval blockade.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 weeks ago  ::  Apr 06, 2014 - 11:46AM #724
Dostojevsky
Posts: 6,791

What is just so amazing is that Israel is always right


and everybody else is always wrong!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 days ago  ::  Apr 13, 2014 - 2:01PM #725
BDboy
Posts: 4,517

Apr 5, 2014 -- 7:35PM, Shusha wrote:


Apr 5, 2014 -- 2:16PM, BDboy wrote:


>>>>>>> If Israel "Always" allowed to get medicine to Gaza, the international community did not have to get to a large boat to get those supplies to Gaza. So I disagree with this comment.



NO one broke any alledged naval blocade. The ship was in international waters and they were brutally attacked.  [ Source: www.bbc.com/news/10203726 ]





The international community did not have to get those supplies to Gaza.  Supplies were reaching Gaza at that time, and continue to be.  It was a stunt.  Further, those supplies on board the Mavi Mamara would have been delivered.  The only thing the Israel demanded was for the supplies to be inspected by them.  This is necessary because smuggling supplies into Gaza in order to build rockets -- tens of thousands of rockets purposed to kill innocent Israeli non-combatant civilians -- is a valid security concern for Israel. 


A ship in international waters is not immune to a naval blockade.





>>>>>> SAdly you are wrong about this. There is a reason why it is called "International waters". Kindly think about it....



Shalom!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 days ago  ::  Apr 13, 2014 - 2:56PM #726
LeahOne
Posts: 15,715

Apr 6, 2014 -- 11:46AM, Dostojevsky wrote:


What is just so amazing is that Israel is always right


and everybody else is always wrong!





Dos, nobody has said or suggested any such thing.  You are correct *insofar as it's logically impossible for one side in a conflict to be absolutely correct or 'right' in every single instance*.


And that, of course, means that Palestinians can be wrong along with the Israelis.


Israel did not commit 'state-sponsored terrorism' against Turkey: the MM nor the rest of the flopzilla was any official Turkish enterprise.  So the charge Erdogan made is patently false to begin with.


Erdogan may have personal ties to the filthy murderous terrorists of the 'IHH', and Erdogan may imagine that he himself *is* the Turkish state - but that's a crock o' feces.


It's an ancient tactic around the world: when things are bad, when the people are not happy with the leaders, finger a minority as the cause of whatever problems.....


 


Meanwhile, the Jews have gotten tired of being everyone else's perennial scapegoat :


www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xmckWVPRaI&list...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 days ago  ::  Apr 13, 2014 - 3:06PM #727
LeahOne
Posts: 15,715

BD, you need to provide some documentation or support for your assertions about 'international (maritime) law. 


Several people whose *careers* depended upon understanding just such categories of 'international law' have repeatedly explained their understanding of the legality here.


You have a difficult task here, BD:  you have to convince others that you have a better understanding of 'international (maritime) law than those who've worked with it for years.  To my knowledge, you have zero 'bona fides', no credentials to present to support the idea that you have any particular knowledge or experience on this issue.


This is not exactly the same as a random person trying to second-guess a neurosurgeon about removing a glioblastoma (particular type of brain tumor):  but it is a hell of a lot closer to that than it is to some simple 'difference of opinion'. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 days ago  ::  Apr 14, 2014 - 2:54AM #728
Shusha
Posts: 3,720

Apr 13, 2014 -- 2:01PM, BDboy wrote:


>>>>>> SAdly you are wrong about this. There is a reason why it is called "International waters". Kindly think about it....



BDBoy,


I don't have to think about it.  Why?  I have read the legal documents which define the law.  In particular, the San Remo Manual on International Law Applicable to Armed Conflicts at Sea, which states:


SECTION IV : AREAS OF NAVAL WARFARE

10. Subject to other applicable rules of the law of armed conflict at sea contained in this document or elsewhere, hostile actions by naval forces may be conducted in, on or over:

(a) the territorial sea and internal waters, the land territories, the exclusive economic zone and continental shelf and, where applicable, the archipelagic waters, of belligerent States;
(b) the high seas; and
(c) subject to paragraphs 34 and 35, the exclusive economic zone and the continental shelf of neutral States.



Again, being in international waters (high seas) does not make one immune to a blockade. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 73 of 73  •  Prev 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook