Page 3 of 11  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Citing Quran-Burning Threat, Islamic Body Wants U.N. to Outlaw ‘Offenses Against Religion’
4 years ago  ::  Sep 25, 2010 - 10:07AM #21
Agnosticspirit

It never ends with these prickly, hyped up religious fanatics without a bit of humor or introspection. I admire many Muslims who've rejected so many negative tenets of their quran and hadiths but quite honestly, my opinion of the religious/political ideology of islam lessens even more.... We should maintain the freedom to laugh, ridicule and critique any ideology, especially when it's so destructive not only to adherents but to non-adherents as well. 

1. Here we have some stupid imams in New Zealand shrieking for an apology because someone made a joke. Get a grip and get a sense of humor for muhammad's sake. 

2. Here's a gem from Australia --- To cater to the overly sensitive/priggishness and avoid hurting the feelings of Muslims, non-Muslims have been asked to wear less revealing swimsuits at a community event attended by Muslims and non-Muslims alike. Fortunately, the good people of Danedong are resisting.

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 25, 2010 - 10:10AM #22
Guessses

Sep 25, 2010 -- 10:07AM, Agnosticspirit wrote:

It never ends with these prickly, hyped up religious fanatics without a bit of humor or introspection. I admire many Muslims who've rejected so many negative tenets of their quran and hadiths but quite honestly, my opinion of the religious/political ideology of islam lessens even more.... We should maintain the freedom to laugh, ridicule and critique any ideology, especially when it's so destructive not only to adherents but to non-adherents as well. 

1. Here we have some stupid imams in New Zealand shrieking for an apology because someone made a joke. Get a grip and get a sense of humor for muhammad's sake. 

2. Here's a gem from Australia --- To cater to the overly sensitive/priggishness and avoid hurting the feelings of Muslims, non-Muslims have been asked to wear less revealing swimsuits at a community event attended by Muslims and non-Muslims alike. Fortunately, the good people of Danedong are resisting.

Well stated.

Infinite Blessings
Mike/NAFOD
"Lord, please, protect me from Your followers!"
"WWBD? Buddha- Does it matter? If you are enlightened it does not. If you are not enlightened it still doesn't matter."
"If you go looking to place blame, eventually you'll wind up blaming the Gods"
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 25, 2010 - 10:44AM #23
Agnosticspirit

Sep 23, 2010 -- 6:25PM, MMarcoe wrote:

Boy, would that be hilarious.

What does Islam have to fear from offense, anyway? Can't it take it?

I'm not a fan of any branches of abmonoism but have to say that Christianity is far superior to islam simply because Christianity has managed to crawl out of its own worst tendencies. (fundamental Christians who want to inflict their beliefs on the rest of us in the public schools and courts are an exception to my favorable view)

We've got great pope jokes, rabbi and Catholic priest jokes, but wow... make fun of muhammad and the islamists go nuts. It's a peculiar indoctrination when religion and politics are combined in such a comprehensive system...  The political ideology of islam takes it from the sacred to the profane.

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 25, 2010 - 10:55AM #24
Guessses

Sep 25, 2010 -- 10:44AM, Agnosticspirit wrote:

Sep 23, 2010 -- 6:25PM, MMarcoe wrote:

Boy, would that be hilarious.

What does Islam have to fear from offense, anyway? Can't it take it?

I'm not a fan of any branches of abmonoism but have to say that Christianity is far superior to islam simply because Christianity has managed to crawl out of its own worst tendencies. (fundamental Christians who want to inflict their beliefs on the rest of us in the public schools and courts are an exception to my favorable view)

We've got great pope jokes, rabbi and Catholic priest jokes, but wow... make fun of muhammad and the islamists go nuts. It's a peculiar indoctrination when religion and politics are combined in such a comprehensive system...  The political ideology of islam takes it from the sacred to the profane.

Well, considering timelines of "Ancient Religions", with huge followings, Islam would be "the new kid on the block". I see striking resemblances of the Christianity of the "Dark Ages" with Islam of today. The exceptions being communications and warfare. 

Just an IMHO,

Peace,

Infinite Blessings
Mike/NAFOD
"WWBD? Buddha- Does it matter? If you are enlightened it does not. If you are not enlightened it still doesn't matter."
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 25, 2010 - 11:10AM #25
Agnosticspirit

Sep 25, 2010 -- 10:55AM, Guessses wrote:

Well, considering timelines of "Ancient Religions", with huge followings, Islam would be "the new kid on the block". I see striking resemblances of the Christianity of the "Dark Ages" with Islam of today. The exceptions being communications and warfare. 

Just an IMHO,

Peace,

Hi guesses, as far as abmonoism goes, the newest kid on the block is the Bahai... They started out on the right foot without nearly any of the baggage of their elder siblings of Abrahamic faiths, so it can be done. It helps that their prophet was a much more exemplary and tolerant chap than the piss-poor role model. 

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 25, 2010 - 11:16AM #26
Guessses

Sep 25, 2010 -- 11:10AM, Agnosticspirit wrote:

Sep 25, 2010 -- 10:55AM, Guessses wrote:

Just an IMHO,

Peace,

Hi guesses, as far as abmonoism goes, the newest kid on the block is the Bahai... They started out on the right foot without nearly any of the baggage of their elder siblings of Abrahamic faiths, so it can be done. It helps that their prophet was a much more exemplary and tolerant chap than the piss-poor role model. 

Thanks! I don't know their numbers is comparison but tolerance is a good start.

Peace,

Infinite Blessings
Mike/NAFOD
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 25, 2010 - 11:23AM #27
Agnosticspirit

Hi guesses, the numbers of the Bahai are smaller than the others but then again the number of adherents doesn't have any bearing on merit or validity. 

Judaism has fewer adherents than Christianity and islam... That does not make Judaism any less of a religion, it's just that their practices and beliefs don't support the need to "spread the good word". Come to think of it, the Bahai don't proselytize either, much to their credit. :) 

Getting ready to head out for the day, peace to you as well. 

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 25, 2010 - 11:28AM #28
Guessses

Sep 25, 2010 -- 11:23AM, Agnosticspirit wrote:

Hi guesses, the numbers of the Bahai are smaller than the others but then again the number of adherents doesn't have any bearing on merit or validity. 

Judaism has fewer adherents than Christianity and islam... That does not make Judaism any less of a religion, it's just that their practices and beliefs don't support the need to "spread the good word". Come to think of it, the Bahai don't proselytize either, much to their credit. :) 

Getting ready to head out for the day, peace to you as well. 

Hi my Friend, Agnosticspirit,

You are quite right, numbers are not proof of validity. My apologies if that was what you thought I had inferred. 

You have a great day!

Infinite Blessings
Mike/NAFOD
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 25, 2010 - 12:04PM #29
teilhard

SOME People will continue-to-continue of course to assert that "Free Speech" does and MUST include The RIGHT to OFFEND, The Right to Insult, the Righ to Inflame ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 25, 2010 - 12:24PM #30
Weepingangelofthetrees

Sep 25, 2010 -- 12:04PM, teilhard wrote:

SOME People will continue-to-continue of course to assert that "Free Speech" does and MUST include The RIGHT to OFFEND, The Right to Insult, the Righ to Inflame ...

FREEDOM of speech does not become contained by the subjective potential afforded someone's taking umbrage to what is said.One has a right to speak freely. While taking affront is subjectively elective.
Should we be muzzled, for fear of what is said holds potential to offend, inflame, insult, anyone who is of a mind? That would afford a zero tolerance policy against speaking.

That can never be tolerated, indulged or permitted by law.

Zero tolerance means that  certain actions will absolutely not be tolerated under any  circumstances. It is generally used in reference to policies that spell  out exactly which actions are forbidden.  For example, many schools have  a zero tolerance policy when it comes to bullying.  Any words, threats,  or actions that are construed as bullying will be punished severely.  A  bully may even be suspended or expelled depending upon the intensity or the frequency of the behavior.

Many  schools also practice zero tolerance when it comes to weapons.  No  student may bring a weapon of any sort onto school property.  This is  for everyone’s protection.  Harsh penalties are instituted to deal with  violating weapons policies.

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
Stephen Colbert
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 11  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook