Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Pastors ready for third-annual Pulpit Freedom Sunday on Sept. 26
4 years ago  ::  Sep 23, 2010 - 2:19PM #1
Weepingangelofthetrees

Pastors ready for third-annual Pulpit Freedom Sunday on Sept. 26

100 pastors to preach sermons involving biblical  perspectives on electoral candidates, officeholders despite IRS rule  muzzling speech in the pulpit
Thursday, September 23, 2010

LEAWOOD, Kan. — One hundred pastors  nationwide will be participating in the Alliance Defense Fund’s third  annual Pulpit Freedom Sunday on Sept. 26. The pastors will preach  sermons related to biblical perspectives on the positions of electoral  candidates or current government officials, exercising their  constitutional right to free religious expression despite a problematic  Internal Revenue Service rule that activist groups often use to silence  churches.

Pulpit Freedom Sunday is an event associated with the ADF Pulpit Initiative(LINK),  a legal effort designed to secure the First Amendment rights of pastors  in the pulpit. The Pulpit Initiative is part of the larger ADF Church Project(LINK), Participating  pastors preaching on Pulpit Freedom Sunday will address the subject of  current candidates for office, including the positions held by those  candidates, in light of Scripture. (Continues @ LINK)

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
Stephen Colbert
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 23, 2010 - 5:18PM #2
CharikIeia

Hmmm... I thought this was about some sanity initiative, like the car-free sundays in the oil crisis, now some pulpit-free sundays in this current crisis of sane reasoning. But no, it's about adding MORE noise still!

tl;dr
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 24, 2010 - 5:46PM #3
Christianlib

Did you hear about the pastor who got fired for messing up an announcement about a Taffy Pull at St. Peter's?

Let's just say, there is no church called "St. Taffy's."

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 24, 2010 - 5:49PM #4
Ken

Sep 24, 2010 -- 5:46PM, Christianlib wrote:

Did you hear about the pastor who got fired for messing up an announcement about a Taffy Pull at St. Peter's?

Let's just say, there is no church called "St. Taffy's."

I believe mutual masturbation was often practiced in the early church in keeping with the spirit of loving one's neighbor.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 24, 2010 - 6:29PM #5
CharikIeia

Sep 24, 2010 -- 5:49PM, Ken wrote:

I believe mutual masturbation was often practiced in the early church in keeping with the spirit of loving one's neighbor.

I believe many atheists vacuum-clean their brain every sunday to keep God out.

tl;dr
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 24, 2010 - 6:41PM #6
mytmouse57

People keep trying to tell me religion amounts to brain-washing, and yet, my mind remains quite dirty. Cool

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 24, 2010 - 8:13PM #7
Weepingangelofthetrees

Sep 24, 2010 -- 6:41PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

People keep trying to tell me religion amounts to brain-washing, and yet, my mind remains quite dirty.

<<<atheist

You knew I couldn't resist! Not for a box of fresh made eclairs...OK, that's a lie. Wink

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
Stephen Colbert
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 24, 2010 - 8:35PM #8
mytmouse57

Sep 24, 2010 -- 8:13PM, Weepingangelofthetrees wrote:

Sep 24, 2010 -- 6:41PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

People keep trying to tell me religion amounts to brain-washing, and yet, my mind remains quite dirty.

<<<atheist

You knew I couldn't resist! Not for a box of fresh made eclairs...OK, that's a lie.

Eclairs, I can resist. Mint chocolate chip ice cream... and I'm done for.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 24, 2010 - 9:10PM #9
Weepingangelofthetrees

Sep 24, 2010 -- 6:29PM, CharikIeia wrote:

Sep 24, 2010 -- 5:49PM, Ken wrote:

I believe many atheists vacuum-clean their brain every sunday to keep God out.

Weird analogy. As if an omniscient omnipresent omnigenetic power could be removed with just a bit of cerebral Hoover suckage.

If there was a god, there wouldn't have ever been an atheist.

Stephen Colbert
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 24, 2010 - 9:11PM #10
Weepingangelofthetrees

Sep 24, 2010 -- 8:35PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

<<<atheist

You knew I couldn't resist! Not for a box of fresh made eclairs...OK, that's a lie.

Eclairs, I can resist. Mint chocolate chip ice cream... and I'm done for.

I like to keep my yummy vice contained to the box. Else, if I start  going Ice creamy, the list is long! Very very long. (And the hips grow  wide. Very very...*cough*)

Stephen Colbert
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook