Page 4 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Hades Just Froze Over
4 years ago  ::  Sep 15, 2010 - 1:12PM #31
teilhard

To reduce House Roaches -- sprinkle Boric Acid Powder in and along cracks and crevices they frequent ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 15, 2010 - 1:20PM #32
appy20

Sep 15, 2010 -- 1:12PM, teilhard wrote:

To reduce House Roaches -- sprinkle Boric Acid Powder in and along cracks and crevices they frequent ...

In the South, boric acid is a joke.  For every roach you see, there are 18 you don't see.  So, if you have 5000 roaches, boric acid might kill 3.  I tried all the natural remedies and ended up making a bad problem worse. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 15, 2010 - 1:27PM #33
Christianlib

Sep 15, 2010 -- 1:20PM, appy20 wrote:

In the South, boric acid is a joke.  For every roach you see, there are 18 you don't see.  So, if you have 5000 roaches, boric acid might kill 3.  I tried all the natural remedies and ended up making a bad problem worse. 

It worked for us in Houston.

Of course, one of the things we like about living in Indianapolis (well, two of the things) is that we have not seen a roach or a fire ant.  Freezing winters help a lot.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 15, 2010 - 1:28PM #34
teilhard

Boric Acid properly applied will REDUCE -- not eliminate -- Roaches ...

They walk through the Powder, which clings to their legs and feet ... They lick it off ... In the Gut, it produces GAS, which EXPLODES the little Buggers ...

The nice thing about Boric Acid is, it's NOT a Toxic Organo-Phosphate Nervous System Poison ... and the Buggers do NOT become immune to it ...

Sep 15, 2010 -- 1:20PM, appy20 wrote:

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 15, 2010 - 1:32PM #35
appy20

I moved into an apartment with an infestation once.  I got the key to the apartment, opened the empty apartment and there were thousands dead on the carpet. I had the exterminators come in and fog it before we moved in.  These critters would not die.  I used boric acid also.  Didn't begin to make a dent.  Every natural remedy I could come up with. Tried those Rid X electronic devices both those with sound and the wiring thing.  The roaches would not die.  We did keep them in check a bit.   When I left, they went with me.  No matter what I do, they are there.  I can keep them in check but I can't get rid of them.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 15, 2010 - 1:49PM #36
teilhard

Roaches are difficult ...

Boric Acid HELPS ...

And ALSO Dried Bay Leaves and Banana Peels have REPELLENT Effects ...

Sep 15, 2010 -- 1:32PM, appy20 wrote:

I moved into an apartment with an infestation once.  I got the key to the apartment, opened the empty apartment and there were thousands dead on the carpet. I had the exterminators come in and fog it before we moved in.  These critters would not die.  I used boric acid also.  Didn't begin to make a dent.  Every natural remedy I could come up with. Tried those Rid X electronic devices both those with sound and the wiring thing.  The roaches would not die.  We did keep them in check a bit.   When I left, they went with me.  No matter what I do, they are there.  I can keep them in check but I can't get rid of them.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 15, 2010 - 1:51PM #37
Christianlib

Do you roll the Bay Leaves in the Banana peels and smoke 'em?

Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 15, 2010 - 1:52PM #38
appy20

Sep 15, 2010 -- 1:49PM, teilhard wrote:

Roaches are difficult ...

Boric Acid HELPS ...

And ALSO Dried Bay Leaves and Banana Peels have REPELLENT Effects ...

Sep 15, 2010 -- 1:32PM, appy20 wrote:

I do use it.  I just think of it as more superstition than anything. LOL  Sort of like hanging garlic over the front door.   

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 15, 2010 - 1:54PM #39
teilhard

Nope ... Too hard to keep 'em LIT ...

Sep 15, 2010 -- 1:51PM, Christianlib wrote:

Do you roll the Bay Leaves in the Banana peels and smoke 'em?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 15, 2010 - 1:55PM #40
Christianlib

"One toke over the line, Sweet Jesus,

One toke over the line."

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook