Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Hades Just Froze Over
4 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2010 - 11:38AM #1
appy20

At least as far as I am concerned.  Cockroaches have been found to have practical value to humans.  I guess I have to take back all the ugly things I have said about them over the years.

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39066753/ns/technol...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2010 - 11:43AM #2
Girlchristian

Sep 13, 2010 -- 11:38AM, appy20 wrote:

At least as far as I am concerned.  Cockroaches have been found to have practical value to humans.  I guess I have to take back all the ugly things I have said about them over the years.

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39066753/ns/technol...

That is quite interesting! I can NOT stand roaches, they are my least favorite bug and give me the creeps.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2010 - 1:13PM #3
appy20

I have always said roaches were 1 of 2 mistakes by God.  Slugs are the other one. I guess I have to eat my words. LOL  They may save our lives one day.  God does have a sense of humor.  LOL 

I do hope we are never in debt to slugs.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2010 - 2:51PM #4
Christianlib

Roaches and slugs probably think humans are a mistake by God.Innocent

I KNOW some cats suspect that.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2010 - 3:04PM #5
Girlchristian

Sep 13, 2010 -- 1:13PM, appy20 wrote:

I have always said roaches were 1 of 2 mistakes by God.  Slugs are the other one. I guess I have to eat my words. LOL  They may save our lives one day.  God does have a sense of humor.  LOL 

I do hope we are never in debt to slugs.  

I can handle slugs better than I can these weird bugs we have in Indiana (never saw them in any of the other states I live in) that have many legs, but aren't centipedes. They totally gross me out and are not allowed to live in my apartment.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2010 - 3:48PM #6
Weepingangelofthetrees

I don't have a problem with roaches, as long as they're no where near my home. They're necessary, as they're considered the buzzards of the insect world. But this latest research, is awesome news. Isn't nature magnificent? Whatever we may suffer in the human realm, there's something in our natural habitat that is there to help us through.  Smile

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
Stephen Colbert
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2010 - 4:33PM #7
appy20

The opinion of cats can give you an inferiority complex.

I do think it is magnificent.  Especially, if you have read about MRSR which probably killed my uncle.  He got some vile staff infection while in the hospital and that is where MRSR tends to hang out.  To think it was pretty much considered hopeless and then something like this comes to light.  

It is cool. Nature is awesome.

I just think they are ugly.  REALLY ugly and in the South, it doesn't take much for them to take over.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2010 - 4:47PM #8
Christianlib

Let me see if I can sufficiently describe this in writing.  In Vietnam, there are some flying roaches about 4" long and 2" wide.

Some nights in the hooch, we would sit around, burning some of the fine herbs from Uncle Ho's Victory garden, and watch for them to fly by.  When one did, we would click on a Bic lighter, and spray a burst from a can of Right Guard deodorant across the flame.  This produced a not too mini flame-thrower, which could engulf and incinerate a flying roach at about 3 to 4 feet.  They then crashed in smoking flames.

In a war zone, such things pass for entertainment.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2010 - 4:50PM #9
appy20

That's gross.  I can't stand to step on them because I hate the dang crunch. I worked with a guy for 20 some years, bless his heart, he did all my roach stomping for me.  I would sit at my desk and one would crawl out and all I had to do was stand up and start pointing and he would come get it. LOL I can deal with rattlesnakes better than roaches.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2010 - 4:53PM #10
Girlchristian

Sep 13, 2010 -- 4:47PM, Christianlib wrote:

Let me see if I can sufficiently describe this in writing.  In Vietnam, there are some flying roaches about 4" long and 2" wide.

Some nights in the hooch, we would sit around, burning some of the fine herbs from Uncle Ho's Victory garden, and watch for them to fly by.  When one did, we would click on a Bic lighter, and spray a burst from a can of Right Guard deodorant across the flame.  This produced a not too mini flame-thrower, which could engulf and incinerate a flying roach at about 3 to 4 feet.  They then crashed in smoking flames.

In a war zone, such things pass for entertainment.

As a kid, because of my dad's military service, we lived in Iceland for four years. Roaches were all over that base. They still gross me out to this day just from the memory of turning on the lights and seeing them and then them scattering...yuck.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook