Page 40 of 40  •  Prev 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40
Switch to Forum Live View American Church Plans a Quran Burning: More Glimpses Of Our ‚ÄúChristian‚ÄĚ Nation At Work
4 years ago  ::  Sep 17, 2010 - 1:00PM #391
rabello

Sep 17, 2010 -- 12:55PM, Christianlib wrote:

I imagine you will.  Hope you aren't holding your breath.

No, not holding my breath.   Eyes wide open.  Freedom isn't "free". 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 17, 2010 - 5:23PM #392
Ur2

Rabello, don't listen to Cl. I want you to hold your breath. Then tell us when last you heard of a big shouting crowd of Muslims wanting for the "Death to the Islamic Radicals". That should hold you for a while, and your apologists.

Thanx,

Ur2

Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The next best thing to being clever is being able to quote someone who is.

"Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except it ain't so."
Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 17, 2010 - 5:27PM #393
Weepingangelofthetrees

Sep 16, 2010 -- 8:13PM, rabello wrote:

Sep 16, 2010 -- 7:55PM, Weepingangelofthetrees wrote:

Why do you insult American citizens, by hyphenating their status, profiling them by their faith first?!

An American is an American.

Their faith nor their racial profile as in some people refer to blacks as, "African-American" or others as "Irish-American" "French-American", need be nexus to their equal standing as an American.

My response to this off-topic deflection is who cares if some people who consider themselves to be the "true" Americans are bothered by other Americans' desire to celebrate their ethnic heritage?

Nice deflection, though...

No deflection. I'm entitled to tire of someone who keeps on the same track, in error, and argues for the right to remain entrenched as they argue with themselves, for lack of processing anything I have said.

While what you said here, holds an irony that you clearly missed.

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
Stephen Colbert
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 17, 2010 - 5:41PM #394
Erey

Sep 17, 2010 -- 9:41AM, Christianlib wrote:

Sep 16, 2010 -- 9:21PM, rabello wrote:

Sep 16, 2010 -- 9:13PM, Erey wrote:

Why do you regularly minimize and diminish all the killings done in the name of Koran burnings as no big deal...

When have I ever done that?    

....but yet you want to totally streach the meaning of burning the Korans as far out of context as possible into killing Sherod's father and burning a cross on her lawn. 

I have the same right to my opinions that you say you have about what you think Osama bin Laden and his ilk would think about a westernized community center built by New York City residents who are Muslim, modeled after the Young Men's Christian Association's community centers.     Burning a Qu'ran on "Burn a Koran Day" in America isn't political speech, it is hate speech targetting one group of American citizens, much in the way burning a cross was/is targetting another group of American citizens.   If you can't see the analogy, so be it. 

I have the same right to my opinions that you say you have about what you think Osama bin Laden and his ilk would think about a westernized community center built by New York City residents who are Muslim, modeled after the Young Men's Christian Association's community centers.     Burning a Qu'ran on "Burn a Koran Day" in America isn't political speech, it is hate speech targetting one group of American citizens, much in the way burning a cross was/is targetting another group of American citizens.   If you can't see the analogy, so be it. 

Rab,

Evidently some people CAN'T see the analogy.

Analog thinking is a higher cognitive function, you know.

Oh I can "see the analogy"  Just because you can understand an analogy does not make it less bat-shit crazy.  And I am calling that analogy over-the-top stupid.

Moderated by Beliefnet_community on Sep 17, 2010 - 08:45PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2010 - 12:33PM #395
Ceren

Sep 17, 2010 -- 5:23PM, Ur2 wrote:

Rabello, don't listen to Cl. I want you to hold your breath. Then tell us when last you heard of a big shouting crowd of Muslims wanting for the "Death to the Islamic Radicals". That should hold you for a while, and your apologists.

Thanx,

Ur2

Hmm... so I guess all the protests in Iran where people got arrested and even killed meant nothing... interesting....

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2010 - 12:44PM #396
Ceren

I also think that it would really help when we discuss things to separate Afghanistan, Pakistan, Saudi, blah blah... with the US and Canada.

I would hope that here we have better standards than there, so what we do here, how we react here, and how we treat each other here is obviously different than how they do things there.

There, a neighbor steals your goat and you grab your gun and kill him (in certain areas!). Here, I certainly hope we don't do that!

So I would hope that here we would respect each other, and respect what each other holds as sacred.  For example, I think that the whole St. Claus thing is silly, however I would never dream about going to a mall and screaming there "hey kids, your parents are lying to you, Santa does not exist!"  Is it my 1st amendment right? I guess... is it good use of it? Definitely not. Why would I hurt people on purpose?!??! Yes, I can argue with parents that I don't think lying to your kids (even for the sake of the Christmas tale) is a good thing, I can debate but I can do all that with good manners without making a mess.

I would hope that we could all learn to do that and I'm pretty sure we all can. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2010 - 4:46PM #397
Christianlib

Sep 17, 2010 -- 5:41PM, Erey wrote:

Sep 17, 2010 -- 9:41AM, Christianlib wrote:

Sep 16, 2010 -- 9:21PM, rabello wrote:

Why do you regularly minimize and diminish all the killings done in the name of Koran burnings as no big deal...

When have I ever done that?    

....but yet you want to totally streach the meaning of burning the Korans as far out of context as possible into killing Sherod's father and burning a cross on her lawn. 

Rab,

Evidently some people CAN'T see the analogy.

Analog thinking is a higher cognitive function, you know.

Oh I can "see the analogy"  Just because you can understand an analogy does not make it less bat-shit crazy.  And I am calling that analogy over-the-top stupid.

Those on here who clearly understand the analogy are not the ones talking "bat-shit crazy."

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 40 of 40  •  Prev 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook