Switch to Forum Live View The "Racist," "Bigot" Cat is out of the bag.
4 years ago  ::  Aug 31, 2010 - 6:58PM #1
Eric_k

It's becoming increasingly obvious that one of the chief weapons of the Left is to call those who oppose their agenda "racists" or "bigots". Thinking to evade the charge of name-calling, they will often hurl the accusation insinuatingly, such as, "We need to get rid of the racism and bigotry among those who are opposing our agenda." Similar lines of thought needn't even utilize the words "racism" or "bigotry" to contain the disguised presupposition that racism or bigotry must be behind the thinking, sentiments and policy decisions of the opposition.

VERY BAD CHILDREN. Children who don't have anything good to say and want to intimidate and shut up their opponents by eliciting in them the fear of being thought a racist or bigot. Children that don't know how to do anything but divide -- sow animosity between groups of people and blame it all on the "racist bigots!"

Who are the real bigots?

Is there anything more hateful than one who presents himself as a minister of God and unendingly stirs up resentment and anger among his people toward others? (Not to name names, here, but a couple of initials are SHARPTON.)

"The Lord hates...a man who sows discord among brothers" (Proverbs 6, 16-19).

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2010 - 5:47AM #2
Justme333

Aug 31, 2010 -- 6:58PM, Eric_k wrote:

It's becoming increasingly obvious that one of the chief weapons of the Left is to call those who oppose their agenda "racists" or "bigots". Thinking to evade the charge of name-calling, they will often hurl the accusation insinuatingly, such as, "We need to get rid of the racism and bigotry among those who are opposing our agenda." Similar lines of thought needn't even utilize the words "racism" or "bigotry" to contain the disguised presupposition that racism or bigotry must be behind the thinking, sentiments and policy decisions of the opposition.

VERY BAD CHILDREN. Children who don't have anything good to say and want to intimidate and shut up their opponents by eliciting in them the fear of being thought a racist or bigot. Children that don't know how to do anything but divide -- sow animosity between groups of people and blame it all on the "racist bigots!"

Who are the real bigots?

Is there anything more hateful than one who presents himself as a minister of God and unendingly stirs up resentment and anger among his people toward others? (Not to name names, here, but a couple of initials are SHARPTON.)

"The Lord hates...a man who sows discord among brothers" (Proverbs 6, 16-19).

So what exactly did Rev. Sharpton say that you object to?  Am assuming that you also have a problem with Bill Keller, founder of liveprayer.com who loudly proclaims that Obama is not a Christian and is an enemy of God www.liveprayer.com/b4.cfm and Rev. John Hagee (who was at Glen Beck's gathering last weekend) who proclaimed that my Church (the Catholic Church)was the *whore of Revelation* (which he later backtracked on - but when he first said it, it was very graphic. He also said that the Holocaust was the Jews fault - here www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct4_ze_FjNo&feat... and dismisses social justice (that my Church and Christ espoused - Matt. 25: 31-46 www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mQvvGJYQaM&feat... . So, yes, I agree with Proverbs 6: 16-19. I hope you see that being right or left really has nothing to do with it, cause obviously Keller and Hagee have no qualms about sowing discord among brothers.

Justme

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."  Will Rogers

"Give to those who ask, and don't turn away from those who want to borrow."  Matthew 5:42

"Charity is no substitute for justice withheld."         St. Augustine

"Your love for God is only as great as the love you have for the person you love least."  Dorothy Day

"If you want peace, work for justice." Pope Paul VI
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2010 - 1:09PM #3
Eric_k

Keller and Hagee, individually, may be right or they may be wrong. The difference between them and the Rev. Al Sharpton, as I see it, is that Keller and Hagee are performing their legitimate functions as pastors, with the intent, hopefully, of informing, instructing and warning. Al Sharpton, however, is well known for his apparent mission to keep the black community whipped up with anger toward whites.

On August 28, 2010, on the anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" speech, Glenn Beck held his huge "Restoring Honor" rally in Washington, DC, in the area of the Reflecting Pool between the Washington Monument and the Lincoln Memorial, the steps of which Dr. King spoke from. In the video below, Sharpton accuses Beck of disgracing and hijacking the legacy of King. Compare what Malik Zulu Shabazz of the New Black Panthers says about the "Black Dream" with what Martin Luther King says, at the end of the video. 

www.theblaze.com/stories/video-glenn%E2%...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 05, 2010 - 1:51AM #4
Justme333

Sep 4, 2010 -- 1:09PM, Eric_k wrote:

Keller and Hagee, individually, may be right or they may be wrong. The difference, as I see it, between them and the Rev. Al Sharpton is that Keller and Hagee are performing their legitimate functions as pastors, with the intent, hopefully, of informing, instructing and warning. Al Sharpton, however, is well known for his apparent mission to keep the black community whipped up with anger toward whites.

On August 28, 2010, on the anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" speech, Glenn Beck held his huge "Restoring Honor" rally in Washington, DC, in the area of the Reflecting Pool between the Washington Monument and the Lincoln Memorial, the steps of which Dr. King spoke from. In the video below, Sharpton accuses Beck of disgracing and hijacking the legacy of King. Compare what Malik Zulu Shabazz of the New Black Panthers says about the "Black Dream" with what Martin Luther King says, at the end of the video. 

www.theblaze.com/stories/video-glenn%E2%...

So now you are changing horses in the middle of the stream?  Your original complaint was that Al Sharpton was preaching divisive messages.  When it was pointed out that two of Glen Beck's spiritual adviser types were doing that, you then decided to go back 10 years to show Rev. Sharpton addressing a group and complaining about treatment of blacks.  Are you black by any chance?  If you are, did you grow up in an area where you were stopped by police only because you were black?  Do you not know that this still happens in some parts of the country today?  I do not remember now what was happening in our country when Sharpton and the Black Panthers were being so vitriolic, but I will try to find out.  It may have been one of those times that a black person was shot and killed in error by the police.  That would piss me off too.

In your video, Al Sharpton did say that they were not going to let Beck hi jack the 47th anniversary of the MLK speech.  He also said that they were not going to confront anyone, but they were going to march to the steps where MLK gave his "I have a dream speech", and I am assuming that they did that. I think the black community has every right to doubt and question Glen Beck's motives. MLK preached about social justice - the same social justice that Christ preached - and the same social justice that Mr. Beck says is communism and that anyone who hears their minister/pastor/priest preach about social justice should leave and find a new church, and yet Mr. Beck wanted to wrap himself in the cloak of MLK's I Have a Dream Speech?  Really?  You see nothing a little off about that, or see why some might not trust him? Or why some Christian folk would take exception to Mr. Beck encouraging others to "Look to God and make your choice." when he says the President practices liberation theology, as if there is something sinister about that.  Christ is the liberator who frees people from bondage and slavery of all kinds.  He frees people from sin and illness, and I believe He wishes to free man from those societal structures that keep some impoverished. There are several martyrs in my Church that gave their lives for liberation theology. So I do not blame any in Rev Sharpton's group from finding it hard to believe that Mr. Beck should be the one to "restore the honor" of America when he speaks against the beliefs that MLK spoke about, and against many of the Judeo-Christian beliefs that he says our country was founded on.

But I did not hear Rev. Sharpton preaching racist rhetoric at his rally on August 28, 2010. The racist comments by him and the black panthers were delivered 10 years ago. Nor did I hear Mr. Beck saying any racist remarks during his rally, but I do understand why some would find his rally suspect.

Justme 

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."  Will Rogers

"Give to those who ask, and don't turn away from those who want to borrow."  Matthew 5:42

"Your love for God is only as great as the love you have for the person you love least."  Dorothy Day

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2010 - 5:57PM #5
Erey

I gotta agree that the left using the weapon of accusing the opposition of racism way to much.  If half of this stuff is real racism then racism is not that bad.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2010 - 11:15AM #6
Eric_k

Justme333 wrote:

"So now you are changing horses in the middle of the stream? Your original complaint was that Al Sharpton was preaching divisive messages."

I am not changing horses anywhere. You do not stick to the subject of my threads, but go off on tangents, looking for something you think you can nullify my post with.

My original claim was NOT about Al Sharpton. It was about the Left's penchant for trying to dismiss political opponents by calling them "racists" and "bigots". My point about Al Sharpton was not that he is simply "divisive", but that he intentionally works to set the black community against the white.

All good preachers are "divisive". They separate Truth from falsehood, Light from darkness, the Sheep from the goats.

You seem to have a lot of pent-up stuff inside you. You certainly have freedom of speech, as do I. But know this, if you cannot address my original claim and choose, instead, to go off in all directions, I am under no compulsion to get wrapped up addressing your litanies about unjust, "suspect" America.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2010 - 6:39PM #7
Justme333

Sep 8, 2010 -- 11:15AM, Eric_k wrote:

Justme333 wrote:

"So now you are changing horses in the middle of the stream? Your original complaint was that Al Sharpton was preaching divisive messages."

I am not changing horses anywhere. You do not stick to the subject of my threads, but go off on tangents, looking for something you think you can nullify my original post with.

My original claim was NOT about Al Sharpton. It was about the Left's penchant for trying to dismiss political opponents by calling them "racists" and "bigots". My point about Al Sharpton was not that he is simply "divisive", but that he intentionally works to set the black community against the white.

All good preachers are "divisive". They separate Truth from falsehood, Light from darkness, the Sheep from the goats.

You seem to have a lot of pent-up stuff inside you. You certainly have freedom of speech, as do I. But know this, if you cannot address my original claim and choose, instead, to go off in all directions, I am under no burden to get wrapped up in addressing your litanies about unjust, "suspect" America.

Oh - I am sorry, I thought that when your OP said"Is there anything more hateful than one who presents himself as a minister of God and unendingly stirs up resentment and anger among his people toward others? (Not to name names, here, but a couple of initials are SHARPTON.)", that you were using Sharpton to support your contention that the left are the real bigots. I honestly have never heard any liberal say that someone must be a bigot or racist if they oppose the current agenda, and I do not believe that Sharpton intentionally works to set the black community against the white - and that was the point of my pointing out that those *black power* things in the video you posted were from 10 years ago when there was concern about police brutality toward blacks after a couple of officers were given awards after killing an unarmed black teen, and was kind of the straw that broke the camel's back.    www.nytimes.com/2000/03/04/us/police-awa...   What I and others are concerned about is the some people who attend some rallies carrying racist and hateful signs. I have heard that this is not the position of most of the right, but then why does no one in the hierarchy of the Republican party publicly speak out against these things (Racist/hate signs or someone like Limbaugh's racial statements)?

washingtonindependent.com/wp-content/upl...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWbmEUIQOCQ

newsone.com/nation/news-one-staff/audio-...

I think that racism is alive and well in America, otherwise we would not be having this discussion. I feel I did address your original claim - all of your original claim.  If you did not want all of your OP addressed, then you probably should not have included the things you did. OF course you do not have to respond further, that often happens when someone cannot support their original claim, or if the support of their original claim is refuted. 

Justme

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2010 - 3:26PM #8
Eric_k

I am not here to debate. The Right is very well aware that the New York Times, the Huffington Post and the greater part of the "news" media are their rabid enemies and do everything they can conceive to portray them in a bad light. In this present-day political world, an attempt to persuade others of not-like mind using news articles and videos will become a fruitless back-and-forth going on into eternity.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 10, 2010 - 8:52PM #9
Justme333

Sep 9, 2010 -- 3:26PM, Eric_k wrote:

I am not here to debate. The Right is very well aware that the New York Times, the Huffington Post and the greater part of the "news" media are their rabid enemies and do everything they can conceive to portray them in a bad light. In this present-day political world, an attempt to persuade others of not-like mind using news articles and videos will become a fruitless back-and-forth going on into eternity.

So you can post your opinions, but no one else can?  Which of my links were NY Times or Huffingtons?  I can see where you may have a problem with the first picture, which is why I also posted the video, so you can see more than one sign. I do not think anyone has to try to put anyone in a bad light, seems they can do that all by themselves.  Also do not know how anyone can put in a bad light the audio of Rush.  You are welcome to decide for your self how you feel about that kind of dialog, that is the good thing about audios and videos no one has to or can interpret it for you.  If you think those things are OK, then fine, but then do not wonder why some may think you may be racist.

I also am not understanding why you would think that anyone would call someone a racist simply because they disagree with current policies. Obama caved on so many of his policies to include the Republican ideas and wants, and they still voted against them.  Why is that?  It apparently is not his policies since so many of them had Republican input. So they just do not like him?  Why is that?  Think about that - maybe that is why some question the racial issue - don't know, just sayin..

Justme

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2011 - 1:58PM #10
watcher59

Wow! People certainly post some strange things when they let their emotions override their reason.

How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant pervert the plain Meaning of Words!
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook