Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6
Switch to Forum Live View Hitler's DNA may show he was of African and Jewish descent
4 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2010 - 2:06PM #51
Christianlib

Aug 27, 2010 -- 7:15PM, Weepingangelofthetrees wrote:

Aug 27, 2010 -- 5:55PM, Christianlib wrote:

Let me point out just one place your argument breaks down in the fact department.

Ann Frank and her family were not Germans.  They were not German citizens who had been "slowly" disarmed as you imply.

They were citizens of a conquered nation.  Amsterdam is in Holland, you know.  The Dutch people NEVER had an opportunity to say whether of not they "wanted" Nazi rule.  The Blitzkreig kind of decided for them.

Let me point out one big place where your desire to take me to task, is defeated by your inability to actually read me first.

I never said Anne Frank was German! In fact, anyone that knows anything about WW2 know that Hitler did not restrict his assault to Germany! 

Furthermore, I do not "imply" anything. And the next time you decide to speak to me by trying to talk down, do your image a favor and read me first. So you're ignorance isn't supplanted by your arrogance.

Whatever.  Either you are guilty of the clear implication that Ann Frank's family was in Germany, or of very unclear writing.

Whatever, again I proclaim, whatever.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2010 - 3:42PM #52
Marcion

How do you determine religion from DNA?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2010 - 6:49PM #53
solfeggio

Obviously, you don't. 

But the fact remains that being Jewish can mean many different things.  If you call yourself a Jew it could mean that, although you were born a Gentile, you later converted to Judaism and now follow the Jewish faith.  Or, it can mean that your mother was a Jew and define yourself as such simply by virtue of your mother's heritage.  You could be a citizen of Israel.  Maybe you're an agnostic Jew.  Or even an atheist Jew.

Judaism can be cultural, religious, ethnic, or just a way of life.

All or none of these factors could have something - or nothing - to do with DNA, because Jewish ancestry can come from many different genetic sources.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 06, 2010 - 2:36PM #54
Merope

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook