Post Reply
Page 7 of 12  •  Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Decide or not decide
4 years ago  ::  Aug 07, 2010 - 8:50AM #61
rocketjsquirell
Posts: 15,350

Mountain man


I do not know why I am bothering to respond to you, because you have chosen not to respond to me. I realize that you will not respond because doing so would force you to admit your basic bias (it is stronger than bias, but I am trying to be kind)


Since you do not believe  that Israel should exist to begin with, it is useless to explain to you why it should survive. However, setting aside all other reasons, without Israel the population of Israel would be slaughtered by conquering Arab armies. Do you think that it is ok to kill a few million people? (We know the answer to that question, for you the answer is yes)


To answer your question with does "Palestine" have the right to exist, I would remind you that it already does it is called JORDAN. (Jordan was illegally created by the British out of 2/3's of the Palestinian mandate, it has a majority "Palestinian" population). No one is claiming that Jordan should cease to exist. (Except maybe the extreme anti-nationalist, but they usually reserve their disdain for nationalism only for Israel - you know those people since they are you) In addition, the official position of the Israeli government is support for a two state solution. In fact Israel has done more to promote the national ambitions of the "Palestinians" than any other country. Israel has given 100% of Gaza to "Palestinians" (of course the Palestinians decided to immediately destroy most of the economic infrastructure of the land and not to build a functioning community but instead use the land as a launching pad for attacks against Israel) Israel has granted local sovereignty over most of the area of Judea and Samaria (the so called "west Bank") to the Palestinians, has funded the PA, helped train its civil service and security forces, etc... The thanks they got for those efforts were two rounds of terrorism called the Infitada which served to put the aspiration of the Palestinians for a national state on hold, reduce economic activity etc...


So are you going to answer my questions? 


 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 07, 2010 - 5:13PM #62
teilhard
Posts: 50,122

(1)  Are you suggesting that The People and State of Israel do NOT have same "Right to Survive" as other Peoples and States ... ???


(2)  Indeed, The "Palestinian" People COULD have had a State waaaaay back in 1948, and didn't WANT one ... They just wanted "The Jews" OUT ...


Aug 6, 2010 -- 9:48PM, mountain_man wrote:


Aug 6, 2010 -- 11:42AM, arielg wrote:

The "survival of Israel" is a strawman argument used to justify things that would otherwise not be justifiable. Israel's survival today is not in danger.



They never stop to ask why Israel must survive? Or why it has survival priority over the other countries in the area? Doesn't Palestine have the right to survive?





Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 07, 2010 - 7:41PM #63
Marcion
Posts: 2,883

Aug 4, 2010 -- 3:46PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:


Marcion


Marcion wrote:


Rast assured that the decision for the US to use military force against Iran will be made in Tel Aviv and not Washington. (emphasis added)


So genius, you want to try denying you said Tel Aviv was Israel's capital again?


You want to try again and explain why I and everyone else should not think that you are what you are? Bear in mind that the "you people" comment sort of re-in forces it.


 




 


Please quit annoying me with your imbecilic comments. It's starting to piss me off.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 08, 2010 - 12:06PM #64
teilhard
Posts: 50,122

The ( "Jewish" ) Question of "Israel's Capital" is NOT a SMALL one ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 08, 2010 - 3:04PM #65
rocketjsquirell
Posts: 15,350

Aug 7, 2010 -- 7:41PM, Marcion wrote:


Aug 4, 2010 -- 3:46PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:


Marcion


Marcion wrote:


Rast assured that the decision for the US to use military force against Iran will be made in Tel Aviv and not Washington. (emphasis added)


So genius, you want to try denying you said Tel Aviv was Israel's capital again?


You want to try again and explain why I and everyone else should not think that you are what you are? Bear in mind that the "you people" comment sort of re-in forces it.


 




 


Please quit annoying me with your imbecilic comments. It's starting to piss me off.




 


I am sorry that your ignorance or your biased beliefs are so disturbing to you. If you are disturbed by your ignorance, it would be easy to rectify the situation. If you are disturbed by your bias against Israel, among other things, then you will have to look into yourself and try to change. If you are disturbed because you believe you are being misunderstood, then please explain how you are being misunderstood (this is easy enough it starts out "When I saind X, I meant for everyone to understand . . . .)  If however you are merely annoyed that you have been caught out, well tough. If you are going to be a hater, then at least be man enough to deal with other people noticing the fact.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 09, 2010 - 9:32AM #66
Marcion
Posts: 2,883

Aug 7, 2010 -- 7:41PM, Marcion wrote:


Aug 4, 2010 -- 3:46PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:


Marcion


Marcion wrote:


Rast assured that the decision for the US to use military force against Iran will be made in Tel Aviv and not Washington. (emphasis added)


So genius, you want to try denying you said Tel Aviv was Israel's capital again?


You want to try again and explain why I and everyone else should not think that you are what you are? Bear in mind that the "you people" comment sort of re-in forces it.


 




 


Please quit annoying me with your imbecilic comments. It's starting to piss me off.




I have no choice but to block your insulting comments.


The "you people" phrase was used against Ross Perot by little minds that love to dissect words and put their own spin on them.


I am not now or ever have been anti-semitic or anti any group for that matter.


I have worked with many Israeli scientists including the aeronautical genius who developed the Kafir and pioneered UAV technology.


 


 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 09, 2010 - 9:50AM #67
rocketjsquirell
Posts: 15,350

Marcion


The truth is not an insult.


 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 09, 2010 - 10:22AM #68
Sirronrex
Posts: 2,675

Aug 9, 2010 -- 9:32AM, Marcion wrote:


Aug 7, 2010 -- 7:41PM, Marcion wrote:


Aug 4, 2010 -- 3:46PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:


Marcion


Marcion wrote:


Rast assured that the decision for the US to use military force against Iran will be made in Tel Aviv and not Washington. (emphasis added)


So genius, you want to try denying you said Tel Aviv was Israel's capital again?


You want to try again and explain why I and everyone else should not think that you are what you are? Bear in mind that the "you people" comment sort of re-in forces it.


 




 


Please quit annoying me with your imbecilic comments. It's starting to piss me off.




I have no choice but to block your insulting comments.


The "you people" phrase was used against Ross Perot by little minds that love to dissect words and put their own spin on them.


I am not now or ever have been anti-semitic or anti any group for that matter.


I have worked with many Israeli scientists including the aeronautical genius who developed the Kafir and pioneered UAV technology.


 


 




 


I will never understand why anyone ever replies or responds to these people who never want to actually discuss the actual issues and instead want to make it about the person, the false accusations made about said person, etc. The same thing occurs anytime the discussion of gay rights and the influence of Christianity on the prejudice and bigotry directed at gay people comes up. The discussion is never about the fact that the Christian religion is the number one force influencing, advocating, cultivating, and fanning the flames of prejudice and bigotry directed at gay people, the discussion always turns into one about the person pointing out this truth. I see no difference whatsoever in regards to this discussion. Not one person on the side opposing your position has addressed your actual arguments and statements of truth, Marcion...they have simply turned the discussion and made it about you, those who agree with you, etc. They accuse of antisemitism, etc. It's all they have.


Those who have no argument to support or defend will attack the person with the argument instead of the argument. The vast majority of threads on Bnet fall into this pattern. And the side that usually is attacking the messenger and not the message are undoubtedly sitting on the "right" side of the fence. As usual, they have no arguments, all they can do is attack the messenger...but this is mostly because they haven't a clue about the truth. The truth evades them...but that's mostly because they couldn't care less about the truth. It's why so many of them still believe this is a Christian country, still believe it was founded by Christians, still believe "trickle-down ecomonics" works, still believe Reagan was a "great" president that "won" the cold war, still believe Roe v Wade will be overturned, etc. The truth evades them because they evade reality.

I've been on a journey to nowhere...
and know that's the best place to be...
now...here...




If my faith isn't leading me inward, then my faith is leading me astray.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 09, 2010 - 10:54AM #69
teilhard
Posts: 50,122

And The Truth INCLUDES -- "NEVER  AGAIN" will Israel obediently report for transport "somewhere else" ...


The PEOPLE of Israel are NOT going to leave The LAND of Israel ...


Aug 9, 2010 -- 9:50AM, rocketjsquirell wrote:


Marcion


The truth is not an insult.





Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 09, 2010 - 10:58AM #70
Sirronrex
Posts: 2,675

Aug 9, 2010 -- 10:54AM, teilhard wrote:


And The Truth INCLUDES -- "NEVER  AGAIN" will Israel obediently report for transport "somewhere else"



And there it is folks...the Nazi card.


I'm surprised it took so long for that to be thrown out as a strawman argument to pummel by those with no arguments.

I've been on a journey to nowhere...
and know that's the best place to be...
now...here...




If my faith isn't leading me inward, then my faith is leading me astray.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 7 of 12  •  Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook