Switch to Forum Live View
Locked: IMPORTANT MESSAGE - PLEASE READ!!
4 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2010 - 3:27AM #1
Justme333

Beliefnet has been sold.  There have been  layoffs for hired staff.  Further changes are unknown at this time. At  this  time, there are no changes for us volunteer moderators.

The news is on the Web at  news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100625/ap_on_hi_te...

NORFOLK, Va. – News Corp. has sold Beliefnet, a spirituality website, to an investment group.

Terms of the acquisition, which was announced Friday, weren't disclosed.

The buyer, BN Media, is an investment firm behind two organizations — Affinity4 and Cross Bridge — focused on nonprofits and charities.

The companies said the acquisition will build on existing relationships. Affinity4 sells telephone, Internet and other services and donates part of the proceeds to charities and ministries. Cross Bridge provides spirituality-based video and other kinds of programming.

The deal will help Beliefnet "continue its mission to be the leading provider of inspiration and faith-based online content," Beth-Ann Eason, Beliefnet's general manager, said in a statement.

Also check out: www.google.com/search?hl=&q=BN+Media&sou...

I do not have any more specific information, but I will post any I get in this thread. 
We have been through stuff before, and I know that change and uncertainty is never easy, but I also know that we have a great, resiliant group of posters here, so I would only ask that you give this a chance and have a little faith.

Justme333
Beliefnet Community Host
Faith, Values, & Public Policy Board

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."  Will Rogers

"Give to those who ask, and don't turn away from those who want to borrow."  Matthew 5:42

"Charity is no substitute for justice withheld."         St. Augustine

"Your love for God is only as great as the love you have for the person you love least."  Dorothy Day

"If you want peace, work for justice." Pope Paul VI
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook