Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6
Switch to Forum Live View Good For the Netherlands!
8 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2010 - 12:19PM #51
teilhard

We are ALL gonna DIE -- eventually -- from SOMETHING ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2010 - 12:45PM #52
Girlchristian

Jun 28, 2010 -- 8:03AM, appy20 wrote:

Jun 28, 2010 -- 4:03AM, Ebon wrote:

Jun 26, 2010 -- 9:58PM, appy20 wrote:

There is one area that we are at an advantage.  Once, was about to get into the shower and walked by a mirror.  I saw a huge breast lump. I called the gynecologist mmediately.  I got dressed when to his office. They didn't make me wait in the office.  They took me back saw the lump, were horrified and sent me to the next room for a mammogram and ultrasound.  They drained my lumps and tested the fluid for cancer.  From the time I called to the time I had all test results and saw my doctor was a total of one hour.  Everything was benign. A friend of mine in Canada, coincidentally, found a lump the same week I did.  It was two weeks before she got a mammogram.  Two weeks is a long time when you are scared.

Not sure why it was so long. My mother had the biopsy (the fluid) done within two days and was in hospital by the end of the week (her results indicated a malignant tumor). Granted, even two days is a long time when you're terrified but it's a lot better than two weeks. My mother, incidently, had a lumpectomy that weekend and has been fine ever since (about six years on now).

Two days are a reasonable time. I would not complain about that.  It may be that it was because my friend had had a mammogram during her regular physical within the last year.  I had not.  Cuz, a physical costs an arm and a leg and my insurance policy does not cover it.

I think sometimes it depends on the doctor too. Whenever I've needed a test immediately, my doctor made the call and I never had to wait more than a day or two when she made the call. Two years ago, I went through a lot of tests to determine the cause of what I thought was abdominal pain and she was dilligent with making sure I didn't have to wait and staying on things until we found the cause. Turned out it wasn't abdominal pain, the pain was coming from my bladder and I was diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis (pretty much, all the symptoms of a bladder infection including the intense pain all the time...and there is no cure). I see an internal medicine doc and get my woman exam and yearly physical on the same day and then only see her if needed after that.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jun 30, 2010 - 12:31PM #53
appy20

It definitely matters who is the doctor.  That particular doctor I went to has his own equipment/lab and is the most successful in this area.  We didn't have to use the hospital's lab or anything.   Other doctors would have and it could have taken longer.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jul 07, 2010 - 4:23AM #54
Merope

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.

Merope
Beliefnet Community Host
Hot Topics Zone

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook