Page 1 of 12  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Why Israel is always singled out?
4 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2010 - 2:18PM #1
papdu

www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-38998...

"The main difficulty Israel must contend with in the international theater is the fact that it is one state, facing 57 Muslim states that control 70% of the world’s natural energy sources and boast 1.3 billion citizens – a huge market share that has an immense and immediate effect on the global economy.

When it comes to international bodies, it means that any state that wishes to be elected for any forum such as the Security Council, UNESCO, the Human Rights Council and so on, first seeks the support of this 57-member bloc.

Hence, we will never hear condemnation of the state of human rights in Saudi Arabia or a debate on the matter in the Human Rights Council in Geneva or in the national parliaments of advanced countries. No PR effort will change these facts, and for that reason, the global media will always report the latest UN condemnations of Israel and not against other countries. "

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2010 - 3:40PM #2
Heidi2027

It's not as if life in Israel today is much different than in days of old.

"Same as it ever was..."  [Talking Heads, Once in a Lifetime lyrics]

"The phrase “rushing of many waters” is often used to describe the sound  of loud voices and today many nations are stirred up. The cry of  anti-Israeli sentiment can be heard around the globe. The various  Mid-East “peace” conferences combined with the Gaza war and the recent  boarding of the Turkish/Terrorist flotilla have left Israel standing  alone against all but irresistible pressure to negotiate away its very  existence. Syria and Iran are dead certain that Israel will attack soon,  and are preparing accordingly. Israel’s other next-door neighbors are  also preparing for war, and indeed many nations are taking sides.

Israel  is not blind to these mounting threats, but until lately seems to have  been ignoring them. That’s about to stop. Israeli Prime Minister  Benyamin Netanyahu has told the world he will not apologize for  defending his country and will continue to do so even if it results in  more confrontations..."

www.bible-prophecy-today.com/2010/06/isa...

[not trying to proselytize you Papadu -- just sharing a newsworthy article]

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2010 - 3:41PM #3
rocketjsquirell

Lieberman left out another reason.  I would tell you what that was, but then I would get in trouble for even suggesting such a thing.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2010 - 3:43PM #4
Heidi2027

Would you be branded a conspiracy theorist -- a wing nut -- an intolerant, bigoted extremist?

Forbid it, Almighty G-d!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2010 - 3:48PM #5
Heidi2027

Jun 7, 2010 -- 2:18PM, papdu wrote:

www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-38998...

"The main difficulty Israel must contend with in the international theater is the fact that it is one state, facing 57 Muslim states ..."

You all do realize that the 57th Muslim state in the OIC is the State of Palestine, right?  The OIC is already counting it as a done deal.  I can't remember where I read that.  Please correct me if I am in error on that.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2010 - 4:31PM #6
Ricky

Israel singled out for being repressive?

There is no question that political repression takes place in other states in that region.  But Israel is the only one that does it with our tax dollars while claiming to be a democracy. No other state has violated the UN Security Council Resolutions more than they do.  Yet, it continually is held up as a bastion of earthly, democratic, idyllic, paradise when its actions in gaza are precisely the same as Apartheid.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2010 - 4:43PM #7
LeahOne

You apear to be unaware that many of the Arab states alo get 'our tax dollars' for aid.  They do - and they're using them to make sure 'The Protocols of the Elders of Zion' is never out of print.  Well, that and 'Mein Kampf'...

And evidently you're also immune to the fact that the only posters who've used words like 'paradise' happen to have been Muslims - and that only speaking as compared to the terrorist stongholds and sh*thole dictatorships which predominate in the region. 

It's highly ironic, isn't it, that a Muslim Arab within Israel has more rights, freedom, and likely a better education and standard of living than most of their relatives in any other ME country.   Especially if they're female.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2010 - 5:01PM #8
Ricky

"It's highly ironic, isn't it, that a Muslim Arab within Israel has more rights, freedom, and likely a better education and standard of living than most of their relatives in any other ME country.   Especially if they're female."

Muslim women don't think so. In fact no religion on earth has had more female converts than has Islam.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2010 - 5:26PM #9
Heidi2027

Ricky -- why don't we let the Muslim women speak for themselves.  Are they allowed to, BTW?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2010 - 6:07PM #10
arabianwitch

Jun 7, 2010 -- 5:01PM, Ricky wrote:

"It's highly ironic, isn't it, that a Muslim Arab within Israel has more rights, freedom, and likely a better education and standard of living than most of their relatives in any other ME country.   Especially if they're female."

Muslim women don't think so. In fact no religion on earth has had more female converts than has Islam.

Ricky, are you serious? Do you understand anything about the position of women in Muslim states? Obviously not.

Aisha

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 12  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook