Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View U.S. begins criminal investigation into oil spill
4 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2010 - 4:29PM #1
Stardove

U.S. begins criminal investigation into oil spill

Attorney General Eric Holder said Tuesday that he has launched a criminal investigation into the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.  BP began its latest attempt to curtail the flow of oil from an underwater well in the Gulf of Mexico on Tuesday, using robot submarines to cut into a damaged pipe a mile down.

More at link on topic.

A few hours ago my husband and I were talking about was this an intentional act on the part of BP.  Why they would want to destroy our Gulf Coast is a mystery to me. 

Pure evil if this was done with intention.  I know I heard where a BP person told the crew to stop using mud and begin using salt water instead of mud the day before the explosion. I don't know the technical reason for the mud to begin with.   The crew was not happy about this and said it was a mistake the BP person said do it anyway.

A side note:

LOL...Hank just came out of the bedroom and I told him what I just said..his comment was Do we have psychic abilities or what???

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

Anger cannot occur unless you believe that you have been attacked, that your attack is justified in return, and that you are in no way responsible for it. ACIM

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2010 - 4:42PM #2
Christianlib

Star, the weight and circulation of drilling mud is used to perform several tasks on a rig.  It lubricates the drill string, it helps the bit cut on the bottom (like using oil when drilling metal), and it flushes the cuttings  back to the surface and out of the well.  Most importantly, it's weight helps prevent "burps" and blow outs.  It isn't really "mud".  I'm not up on the current chemistry, but originally it relied heavily on Barite.  A mineral with a specific gravity of about 4 1/2 times that of water.

Also, experience drillers can ofter tell, by looking at the circulaitng mud, what is happening "down hole."  Gas build ups, pressure changes and such.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2010 - 9:39AM #3
TemplarS

Jun 1, 2010 -- 4:29PM, Stardove wrote:

A few hours ago my husband and I were talking about was this an intentional act on the part of BP.  Why they would want to destroy our Gulf Coast is a mystery to me. 

I don't think it was intentional in the sense of wanting to destroy the coast.  It may have been intentional in the sense of wanting to recover the previous load of drilling muds to save money.

Criminal prosecution is fine, but given the reality of things it will be about as effective as a parachute guarantee.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2010 - 10:20AM #4
Christianlib

How about trying to use the Filet Mignon, Martini-bloated bodies of BP execs to try and plug the well?

Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2010 - 4:00PM #5
Stardove

Jun 2, 2010 -- 10:20AM, Christianlib wrote:

How about trying to use the Filet Mignon, Martini-bloated bodies of BP execs to try and plug the well?

CL,

Even though this could be considered a violation (that no violence thing)  I'm not removing because I see your sense of humor is showing off. 

And the plan just might work.  Wink

Anger cannot occur unless you believe that you have been attacked, that your attack is justified in return, and that you are in no way responsible for it. ACIM

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2010 - 5:56PM #6
IreneAdler

Cuz such entities float- too much hot air contained within.

Irene .

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2010 - 9:01PM #7
jane2

Jun 2, 2010 -- 5:56PM, IreneAdler wrote:

Cuz such entities float- too much hot air contained within.

Irene .

Gotta luv this one, Irene....................

Jane

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2010 - 1:41AM #8
Stardove

What happened 20 hours before the explosion?  The video has the answer.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2010 - 11:12AM #9
Christianlib

Jun 2, 2010 -- 4:00PM, Stardove wrote:

CL,

Even though this could be considered a violation (that no violence thing)  I'm not removing because I see your sense of humor is showing off. 

And the plan just might work. 

Star,

I don't recommend it be done violently.  I just recommend it be tried.  Anyone raised in the Ozarks knows, at certan temperatureas, Lard will really clog up a drain.  Drains are pipes.  This is a pipe problem.  I see it worth a try.

Though, I agree with other posters, we'd have to let the hot air out first.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2010 - 1:06AM #10
Stardove

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook