Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View 78.87% of Al Jezeera.Com respondents think Israel Shoud Keep GAZA blockade
4 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2010 - 3:21PM #1
rocketjsquirell

This is something I would not have expected. Currently (its an on line poll so things can change) 78.87 of AlJazeera.com readers have answered yes to the following question.

Is Israel justified in its continuing blockade of the Gaza Strip?

While I know that AlJazeera's audience includes people like me who are supporters of Israel, its focus is on the Arab World and the World from an Arab point of view. Can anyone hazard a guess as to why they are showing this result? 

www.aljazeera.com/vote/vote.php?voteid=3...

or

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2010 - 3:42PM #2
Christianlib

Rocky, I won't/can't argue with you on this.  But I AM trained to distrust statistical numbers that look TOO perfect.  "78.87"????

Of course, it probably is just a mathmatical coincidence.  But it's funny all the same.  (Funny, ha ha, not Funny suspicious, really.--it just caught my eye.)

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2010 - 3:47PM #3
rocketjsquirell

It is an on line poll so the numbers are likely to be different now than they were when I first posted. I do not think it is closed yet, so you can vote and change the numbers if you want. Smile

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2010 - 3:48PM #4
Christianlib

wouldn't want to change it.  I love Palindromes.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2010 - 4:11PM #5
JAstor

Jun 1, 2010 -- 3:21PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

This is something I would not have expected. Currently (its an on line poll so things can change) 78.87 of AlJazeera.com readers have answered yes to the following question.

Is Israel justified in its continuing blockade of the Gaza Strip?

While I know that AlJazeera's audience includes people like me who are supporters of Israel, its focus is on the Arab World and the World from an Arab point of view. Can anyone hazard a guess as to why they are showing this result? 

or

This is interesting. If I had to venture I guess I'd like to believe it's something like the Wicked Witch syndrome. It's in vogue in the Arab world to hate Israel but they know the bigger threat to their world is a radicalized Islamist Iran and its proxies. As long as the Wicked Witch is alive they have no choice but to show allegience to her, but as soon as Dorothy douses her with hot water and she melts into butter they will thank her with all their heart.

As much as they may hate and distrust Israel, they know she is a wedge against a much bigger threat that comes from within their own world.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2010 - 4:50PM #6
Ricky

There's something very fishy about those numbers.  When you look at the blog posts the majority of readers/posters oppose Israel's piracy and terrorism:

www.aljazeera.com/news/articles/39/Israe...

How could all those numbers you are showing miraculously oppose the majority of people throughout the world? I am watching CNN as I'm posting and there are HUGE anti-Israel protests in France, Turkey, and Australia. Even in Washington, DC there are anti-Israel protests.

I'm betting that the numbers we are seeing in Al Jazeera are "freeped".

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2010 - 4:53PM #7
browbeaten

Jun 1, 2010 -- 4:50PM, Ricky wrote:

There's something very fishy about those numbers.  When you look at the blog posts the majority of readers/posters oppose Israel's piracy and terrorism:

www.aljazeera.com/news/articles/39/Israe...

How could all those numbers you are showing miraculously oppose the majority of people throughout the world? I am watching CNN as I'm posting and there are HUGE anti-Israel protests in France, Turkey, and Australia. Even in Washington, DC there are anti-Israel protests.

I'm betting that the numbers we are seeing in Al Jazeera are "freeped".

Of course the numbers are wrong.  They go against what you believe.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2010 - 4:54PM #8
Ricky

Israel  "is a wedge against a much bigger threat that comes from within their own world"

LOL! The convoy was from Turkey and was comprised of internationals on a mission of mercy. Wolf Blitzer on the pro Israel CNN is admitting that Europe is angry towards the imperialists for their terrorist crimes against that humanitarian convoy. 

Naturally, Israel's surrogates on this forum are attempting to white wash this matter.  No surprise at all.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2010 - 5:07PM #9
rocketjsquirell

Ricky

It was NOT an aid convoy.

An aid convoy would have accepted the Israeli offer of docking at Ashdod and offloading its cargo for shipment to Gaza.

An aid convoy would have worked in concert with the NGO's currently delivering aid into Gaza.

An aid convoy seeks to deliver aid not political propaganda.

This was a politically motivated convoy of zealots. Some of the zealots are mere dupes of the terrorist Hamas movement. (I suspect they were the ones who surrendered peacefully, were non-violent and who are now either home or on their way home) Some of the zealots were terrorists. The persons on the Mari who attacked the Israeli Sailors are terrorists. Their only interest was in armed conflict.They got exactly what they wanted.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2010 - 5:13PM #10
Ricky

"not an aid convoy"

That's laughable! See this eye witness account:

www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/2010/may/3...

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook