Switch to Forum Live View Obama green-lights offshore drilling
4 years ago  ::  May 26, 2010 - 12:41AM #41
Karma_yeshe_dorje

CharikIeia:

pray
«Work and pray, live on hay
You'll get pie in the sky when you die»

Joe Hill
www.ciscohouston.com/lyrics/pie_in_the_s...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 26, 2010 - 2:36PM #42
Agnostic

Sarah Palin said Obama is in bed with BP.  A BP executive is 2nd in command at the Department of Energy.

Obama's major economic advisor is from Goldman Sachs, Treasury Secretary. Goldman Sachs was Obama's major banking financial contributor.

This is George Bush all over again. Haliburton getting deals.  Now it's BP and Goldman Sachs.  Environmentalism, no matter how much Obama believes it, is second to Chicago style politcs and favors, back door dealing, lobbyists and money.

Obama's politics is MONEY and influence peddling.    The Grant and Harding administrations will pale compared to Obama, after 4 years.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 26, 2010 - 3:13PM #43
Tiffoneygreene

You darn right Obama will catch it from both sides. Although, right now is a horrible time for Obama to release his stand on drilling because of the spill that's pumping out thousands of gallons of oil into the ocean. What's really amazing to me is our gas prices are projected to drop $2-00 at the pump because somehow we have an over abundance surplus of oil and we are going to see cheaper gas prices. Where are they getting it from, Out of the ocean ?

Tiffoney Greene

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 26, 2010 - 4:36PM #44
CharikIeia

May 26, 2010 -- 2:36PM, Agnostic wrote:

Sarah Palin said Obama is in bed with BP.

Good news, Agnostic!

The woman has no clue, in particular about who sleeps with whom...

tl;dr
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 31, 2010 - 9:06AM #45
Agnostic

we have to give Obama credit though.   Everything that has gone wrong is George Bush's fault.  Obama at least prevented the end of the world that Bush would have caused.  Obama said the oil will continue through August.  Obama did spend a couple hours in Louisiana.  That's almost as much time as he spends in one golf game.

It's unfair to expect too much of Obama.   We need to set the bar lower, so he can meet our low expectations.  It's the fair way to judge presidents.   Obama is new too, so he needs a few years on the job training.

Our expectations are pretty low now,  but lower them a little more, and Obama can meet them.  Then we can call him a success. Whatever goes wrong is someone else's fault, and no matter how poorly Obama does, Bush would have done worse.   

Obama may be waiting until 15 hurricanes hit, and we all get to see the oil, dropping out of the sky.  Then he'll use that to argue for cap and trade and more green energy.  He's smart, devious, whatever. Obama is probably getting advice from Al Gore on the environment.  So if anything goes wrong, don't blame Obama. It's Bush's fault primarily, and everyone else's fault next, except Obama.     If you don't understand all this, maybe as Jimmy Carter would say, its due to racism.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2010 - 7:01AM #46
Karma_yeshe_dorje

G'day Agnostic:

Grant and Harding administrations
Please advise me on the meanings that you infer with these analogies.

he can meet our low expectations
I don't see much mention here of how the nationals might contribute.

advice from Al Gore on the environment
I thought that country's folk preferred death & destruction!

Hey Tiffoneygreene:

gas prices
Cut your footprint.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2010 - 7:15PM #47
Phoenixeh

I understand the need for oil because we have built our civilzation on dinosaurs!

Unfortunatley we HAVE to break our chain of dependency and the politicians have break their chains of co-dependency on companies like BP.  BUT, Obama can't do it alone.  If he wants to move us to a greener future like he promised in his campaign, he has to give a little to bring Republicans (at least a few) on board with him.

It sucks but that's the Republic we have built in the grand 'ol USA.  Part of the 'negotiating' was to allow some offshore drilling so that he could succeed in bringing about the change he intends with cleaner energy (which on a personal note, I hope doesn't include clean coal, whatever that is).

Our politicians campaign on ideals and sacifice them to get s*** done.

I guess it beats benevolent dictators....

I still approve of Obama, but I do think he should react more to the spill.... something he is now doing...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2010 - 5:24PM #48
Agnostic

Obama is going on TV to explain his oil policies.   He finally noticed the polls showed everyone disapproved of his performance.   Maybe he'll blame Bush again, and the British.  He really doesn't like England.  He snubs them regularly.   He thinks that will appeal to Americans, blaming foreignors. And Bush.   We'll all feel better knowing he can stop taking Prozac and get mad at someone.

If Pearl Harbor had happened during an Obama presidency,   it would have been 2 months later before he decided he needed to do something.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 22, 2010 - 10:48AM #49
Agnostic

Florida might get some help.  Crist turned independent, so Obama might consider some assistance. But Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas all still have Republican governors.  They'll get nothing from Obama. The oil spill will grow worse, so Obama can get his cap & trade through Congress.

Meanwhile, Obama cares so little about alleviating the situation, he's concerned more with General McCrystal's affront to Joe Biden, and with declaring war on Arizona, another state with a Republican governor.  Even worse, Sen. McCain is still there.

The solution is easy. Just suck up to Obama, send him lots of campaign contributions and money for whatever, and he'll return the favors.  He's a pragmatic politician.  It's the spoils system of Andrew Jackson come to life again.

The oil spill is all BP's fault, so Obama doesn't have to do anything except criticize BP, and extort money for a later Santa Claus distribution, to Democratic held counties or states.  But actually doing something to stop the spill, that's beyond Obama's pay grade, as he might say, or maybe he did say it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook