5 years ago  ::  Mar 22, 2010 - 4:11PM #1
Armwar

www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/03/21/hous...

this is not all said and done.  Please read my link from James Rosen, analyst for Fox News, and of course, please tell me what you believe will happen next...and discuss ramifications, etc.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 22, 2010 - 4:14PM #2
Tolerant Sis

Well, actually, the Senate bill is a done deal.  It will be law by the end of the week.  What is in question is whether the House amendments will also become law.  You can read my analysis in the thread "Health Care Reform and You".  It is going to be published on Thursday.

First amendment fan since 1793.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 22, 2010 - 4:34PM #3
voice-crying

OK, this is what happens now: the reps will continue to make up fairy tales and the dems will continue to wait until the eleventh hour before they set the record straight. 

"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 22, 2010 - 5:38PM #4
Druac

Mar 22, 2010 -- 4:34PM, voice-crying wrote:

OK, this is what happens now: the reps will continue to make up fairy tales and the dems will continue to wait until the eleventh hour before they set the record straight. 

Nope, Obama is getting out ahead of the anticipated misconception and misinformation campaign of the right…as he knows this is all they have and all they will use. He has already started scheduling his stops and speeches for those that voted no due to their districts. He is going to continue to work hard at it...as he should…regardless of the career politicians on the hill that can’t seem to get their acts together.

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
---------------------------------------------
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg, an American physicist
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 22, 2010 - 6:10PM #5
voice-crying

Mar 22, 2010 -- 5:38PM, Druac wrote:

Mar 22, 2010 -- 4:34PM, voice-crying wrote:

Nope, Obama is getting out ahead of the anticipated misconception and misinformation campaign of the right…as he knows this is all they have and all they will use. He has already started scheduling his stops and speeches for those that voted no due to their districts. He is going to continue to work hard at it...as he should…regardless of the career politicians on the hill that can’t seem to get their acts together.

I think you're right...but, that's not the way it should be; he's suppose to be the leader, not the cook, bottle washer, cabinet and guess, ...while the elected congress watches from a distance until he takes them by the hand and leads them to their mark.   But, I was impressed with the democratic house yesterday when they marched to the capital...ah, one for the history books.

"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2010 - 5:42AM #6
Unworthyone

I believe that the Dems may have finally found their spines.  And their majority.

It looks to me like the Republicans decided they were going to make their final stand on defeating healthcare reform, and they all died on that hill. A shame, really.  They could have had some really significant impact if they would have just worked with the majority.  Now they have lost their relevance as well as their credibility.

As long as the economy continues to improve, unemployment begins to ebb, and the boogie man terrorists don't break out of their cells and run down Main street, I think the Dems will hold on to their majorities in November.

What I don't get is when the Republicans had the majority prior to 06' and they passed budgets full of pork and tax cuts for the wealthy, no one thought to accuse them of 'back room deals' but they have no hesitation in making those accusations today.  Many of those democrat congressmen have literally put their political careers in jeopardy with yesterday's vote, and yet, they did it anyway.  

I'm reminded of when George (read my lips, no new taxes!) Bush signed into law the largest tax increase in the history of America.  He did it, knowing it would probably cost him re-election.  He could have used various delaying tactics and signed the bill much later, but he didn't.

So, what do you call a man who acts against his own best interests? A fool? A moron? Or ...

statesman?

I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.  Thomas Jefferson

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
Albert Einstein

You can get anything you want out of life if you will just help enough other people get what they want. Zig Ziglar

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/29/opinion/why-i-m-for-the-brady-bill.html
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook