Switch to Forum Live View Study Concludes Greens More Likely To Steal
4 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2010 - 10:48AM #1
geologist
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2010 - 10:54AM #2
Erey

I saw that too!

I just think it also ties in with the whole stupid green credits scheme.  Put your money here to make Al Gore richer then you can blow off your bad habits.

Also Al Gore's "carbon footprint" - hate that term, is about 20 times higher than the average AMERICAN. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2010 - 12:08PM #3
Captainmarvel

Liers are thieves...The whole rotten movement is led  by liers believed by fools. P.S Crbon footprint=Al Gore as Bigfoot

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2010 - 12:18PM #4
Druac

Yep, I saw the  study about vegitarians being mean people too. ROFL

What is a 'green' any way? How are they defined?

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
---------------------------------------------
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg, an American physicist
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2010 - 2:29PM #5
CharikIeia

Mar 19, 2010 -- 12:18PM, Druac wrote:

The study obviosuly does NOT conclude what the OP claims it does.

some students were assigned to check out an online store offering  mostly green products, while other students were assigned to an online  store carrying mostly conventional products. Half the students in each  group were asked to rate the products in the store, and the other half  were asked to purchase products.

Afterward, all the students played a seemingly unrelated  money-sharing game. The students who had merely rated the green products  shared more money than the students who had rated the conventional  products. But students who had made purchases in the green store shared  less money than those who had shopped in the conventional store.

It's not about "Greens" at all. It is about random students assigned to experimental conditions in which some were stimulated with green products. To call these "green consumers" in the article is gravely misleading, it amounts to slander. Real "green consumers" don't buy green because experimental psychologists force them to do so. But it's good for a pseudo-scientific thread at b'net, I agree with that!

tl;dr
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2010 - 2:32PM #6
Armwar

Where does one go to be stimulated by green products?  Inquiring minds want to know! (and horny ones, too)

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2010 - 2:33PM #7
CharikIeia

Mar 19, 2010 -- 2:32PM, Armwar wrote:

Where does one go to be stimulated by green products?  Inquiring minds want to know! (and horny ones, too)

I can recommend the University of Toronto, Gail!

tl;dr
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2010 - 2:42PM #8
Druac

Mar 19, 2010 -- 2:29PM, CharikIeia wrote:

Mar 19, 2010 -- 12:18PM, Druac wrote:

The study obviosuly does NOT conclude what the OP claims it does.

some students were assigned to check out an online store offering mostly green products, while other students were assigned to an online store carrying mostly conventional products. Half the students in each group were asked to rate the products in the store, and the other half were asked to purchase products.

Afterward, all the students played a seemingly unrelated money-sharing game. The students who had merely rated the green products shared more money than the students who had rated the conventional products. But students who had made purchases in the green store shared less money than those who had shopped in the conventional store.

It's not about "Greens" at all. It is about random students assigned to experimental conditions in which some were stimulated with green products. To call these "green consumers" in the article is gravely misleading, it amounts to slander. Real "green consumers" don't buy green because experimental psychologists force them to do so. But it's good for a pseudo-scientific thread at b'net, I agree with that!

LOL...figures, thanks for checking it out. I had a feeling the 'Greens' were the key to uncovering the BS, just didn't have time.

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg, an American physicist
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2010 - 3:45PM #9
geologist

A more accurate conclusion of the study is that consumers who buy green products (because there are no conventional alternatives) will cheat and steal more than those who buy conventional products (because there are no green alternatives).   As green products increasingly force conventional products from the market place (due primarily to government fiat), consumers perceive that they are accumulating moral capital by doing less harm to the environment; therefore, they feel free to take moral liberties in other areas of their lives.   

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2010 - 5:32PM #10
Captainmarvel

Most Greenies are democrats.This applies to their politics and their leaders.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook