Page 1 of 8  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Global Warming - East Coast Storm
4 years ago  ::  Feb 07, 2010 - 8:35PM #1
Marcion

As I look out at the 32 inches of snow in my yard plus five more coming on Tuesday, I sure could use a little global warming!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 07, 2010 - 8:43PM #2
Agnosticspirit

You must be on the Atlantic seaboard, Marcion... I've been keeping up with the weather news and don't envy all the snowstorms you're going through. Here's a link to the Weather Channel and plenty of videos about what's being referred to as an Epic storm.

CLICK HERE.

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 07, 2010 - 10:01PM #3
solfeggio

Global warming is affecting the weather in that it is responsible for heavier precipitation - which means not just heavy rainstorms but heavy snowfalls as well.  In other words, humans are warming the planet, and this means an increase of water vapour in the atmosphere.

www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/weather/44369...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 07, 2010 - 10:17PM #4
Agnosticspirit

So many superlatives being applied to this recent storm... "The Blizzard of 2010", according to weather.com, Epic Storm and Historic storm according to yahoo news and our President is referring to this as Snowmageddon. I kinda like that one.

I've lived in cold snowy weather and don't envy those that are still digging out of this one. Hope everyone stays warm and dry and hopefully INDOORS!

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 07, 2010 - 10:22PM #5
solfeggio

Let's see: Our temperature today was 19 degrees Celsius, which would be about 66 degrees for all you Fahrenheit people.  It was sunny, with soft breezes, which made it one those typically lovely New Zealand summer days.  Bumble bees were busily working at the geraniums, agapanthus, bluebells, and various other flowers.  The roses are pretty much done by now, though.  Their best month is December.

Snow?  What's that?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 08, 2010 - 12:47AM #6
mountain_man

Feb 7, 2010 -- 8:35PM, Marcion wrote:

As I look out at the 32 inches of snow in my yard plus five more coming on Tuesday, I sure could use a little global warming!

Global warming is WHY the East is under a yard of snow. It is causing an El Nino and a series of wet storms - in January alone - dumped 96 inches of snow in Yosemite.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 08, 2010 - 1:12AM #7
Redfrog777

Yeah and that same global warming is making it unseasonably warm and dry here in sunny California. As we stare in to another year of drought and I wonder if there will be enough water to go around? I am astonished that this year we didn't have another off the charts fire season! Blow's me away that i am getting sunburned in Dec. and Jan. 

Funny how when it starts getting cold back east everybody pretends that it has nothing to do with a rapidly changing climate. Course all of the projected models tell us that extreme weather patterns are to be expected. 

But that couldn't possibly mean heavy snow fall and low temps. cuz that don't seem very warm like do it? 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 08, 2010 - 1:30AM #8
mountain_man

Feb 8, 2010 -- 1:12AM, Redfrog777 wrote:

Yeah and that same global warming is making it unseasonably warm and dry here in sunny California. As we stare in to another year of drought....

Uh.... which California are you living in? The one over here on the West Coast has a snow pack at over 118% and still growing. Rainfall totals are well past drought status.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 08, 2010 - 1:47AM #9
Redfrog777

Down here in LA. Sunburned in Dec. and Jan. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 08, 2010 - 8:10AM #10
Marcion

Feb 7, 2010 -- 8:43PM, Agnosticspirit wrote:

You must be on the Atlantic seaboard, Marcion... I've been keeping up with the weather news and don't envy all the snowstorms you're going through. Here's a link to the Weather Channel and plenty of videos about what's being referred to as an Epic storm.

CLICK HERE.

I have posted a few photos of the storm in my photo gallery.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 8  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook