Page 20 of 20  •  Prev 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20
Switch to Forum Live View Liberals are all for free speech,unless you're saying something they don't want people to hear.
5 years ago  ::  Feb 08, 2010 - 5:04PM #191
Girlchristian

Feb 8, 2010 -- 4:28PM, Tolerant Sis wrote:

I don't think its detractors claimed anything, since none of them had seen it, and could only judge based on the money behind it, i.e., Focus on the Family, a huge evangelical enterprise known to be opposed to choice, as well as gay rights, women's rights, etc. etc.  

The shining message that came through was that Tebow had a choice, and exercised it.  Good for her.  Every woman should continue to be so fortunate.

You need to reread through the thread, the president of NOW, one of its significant detractors, called it hate filled even though she hadn't seen it. 

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 08, 2010 - 6:53PM #192
costrel

Feb 8, 2010 -- 2:52PM, coachbob wrote:

Or you could answer the question asked, or stay on topic, or choose not to post altogether...

Oh, but I do think I'm staying on topic. Yesterday I ran across an article that said this particular ad might change the whole tenor of Super Bowl ads in future, instilling morality and ethics (and possibly even religion) into something that is devoid of these kinds of things. Rather than a bunch of beer commercials and other trash (oftentimes lewd or just plain stupid in content -- like the idiotic "I wear no pants" commercial), we might have ads with a little more substance.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 08, 2010 - 8:11PM #193
Ur2

Whoa, whoa, whoa... The beer commercials, along with with their eye-candy is off limits.

But anyways...

We had 9 grownups and 16 kids over for the game. We (the adults) were all watching when the Tebow commercial went by. We all went silent and just looked around at one another for a moment, then we all realized how the folks from FOTF had won this one. They paid for a what(?), 15 second spot (?) and got a BO-Zillion bangs for their bucks. No one will ever know how disappointing it was for many to realize how flacid the highly speculated attack was to be and how successful it was. OH my... and Jesus said, "This kind of Miracle only comes from Prayer and Fasting".

We all started laughing at the irony of it all toasted to the National Organization of Women for their BOZO stupidity in this media event. We laughed our asses off and that's saying something for a Southernuh.

You know... I'm glad it happened like it did. It was a peaceful and legal demonstration for more consideration on the subject. So what if you're scared of GOD or god or g_d or allah or Papa's got a brand new Bag? So what? Let's leave the beer commercials alone and get back to YAHWEH?

Thanx,

Ur2  :)  :)

Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The next best thing to being clever is being able to quote someone who is.

"Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except it ain't so."
Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 08, 2010 - 11:32PM #194
Mlyons619

Ho-kay.

First, liberals labeled it a "message of hate."

Now, they're claiming they never really saw it, so they can't reallycan't speak about it one way or the other.

WELL, NO MORE EXCUSES - HERE IT IS.

Is this what you call "a message of hate?"

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 09, 2010 - 7:21AM #195
coachbob

The intent of the ad appears to be to drive traffic to their site to watch the video.  I did, and there was no message of hate in the video either.  Wonder how many moonbats libs actually went to the website.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 09, 2010 - 7:49AM #196
delmarvamom

I agree with the title of the thread and think the main thing FOF accomplished is to get this discussion on the table.  They did not really move anyone in their views on abortion, but I'm not sure that was the main goal.  I think they decided to go with a non confrontational message so they can shift their image away from a "hateful" stereotype.

I consider myself liberal, but I see that they can impose a double standard...kinda like how my liberal social work professor with no kids tried to tell me that I did not really choose to stay home with my kids rather than work, that society did that for me.  So working women exercise choice and stay at home moms are brainwashed.  What a lack of respect and misunderstanding of what choice is all about.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 20 of 20  •  Prev 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook