Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Baby... It's coooooooold outside!
5 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2010 - 11:15AM #1
Ur2

Are you worrying about Global Warming today? Maybe not, huh?

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34748632/ns/weather...

Thanx,

Ur2

Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The next best thing to being clever is being able to quote someone who is.

"Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except it ain't so."
Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2010 - 11:18AM #2
Nmmatt

Jan 8, 2010 -- 11:15AM, Ur2 wrote:

Thanx,

Ur2

www.tnr.com/blog/the-vine/why-yes-it-chi...

Maybe a little understanding of statistics is in order.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2010 - 11:31AM #3
Fodaoson

Jan 8, 2010 -- 11:18AM, Nmmatt wrote:

Thanx,

Ur2

Welcome to the wonderful world of USN&P.   You will find that facts, reason and logic are no match for political and religious wisdom on this forum.  Wink       

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2010 - 11:36AM #4
Nmmatt

Jan 8, 2010 -- 11:31AM, Fodaoson wrote:

Welcome to the wonderful world of USN&P.   You will find that facts, reason and logic are no match for political and religious wisdom on this forum.         

I've started to notice.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2010 - 11:39AM #5
catboxer

It's not cold at all here. It's just
glurky

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2010 - 11:41AM #6
mecdukebec

Jan 8, 2010 -- 11:31AM, Fodaoson wrote:

Jan 8, 2010 -- 11:18AM, Nmmatt wrote:

Thanx,

Ur2

Welcome to the wonderful world of USN&P.   You will find that facts, reason and logic are no match for political and religious wisdom on this forum.  Wink       

"Rush said it.  I believe it.  That settles it."

"All Mooslims is bad."

"Saddam's WMDS are now in Syria." 

"The moolahs in Tehran won't stop until their submarines are seen flying the Mooslim flag off Chicago."

"Sarah Palin is smart."

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2010 - 12:03PM #7
Agnosticspirit

Nmmatt, welcome to USNP forum!

It must be something in the water.... since the anti-climatic climax of the Climate Summit we can no longer blame this on Copenhagen--- but seriously, what is UP with all these threads on global warming? This thread properly belongs on the Environmental Issues forum, and will be so moved as soon as I call the moving van... 

We do have one thread here on USNP to dedicated solely for members on this forum to discuss Climate Change, Global Warming, etc..etc... you can continue to discuss your take on the thread named "Is the Climate Change Left Feeling Foolish Yet?" --- LINK HERE for your convenience.

Kind regards to all,

agnosticspirit - Bnet Community co-host USNP

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2010 - 12:05PM #8
Tolerant Sis

Repeat after me, Ur.  "I will learn the difference between climate and weather before I post on the topic again."

First amendment fan since 1793.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2010 - 12:09PM #9
Cesmom

I'll leave the ever interesting global warming debate to the rest of you...I just know that I am COLD!!!  The windchill is 40 below here...horrible.

> > It's winter in Nebraska
> > And the gentle breezes blow
> > Seventy miles an hour...
> > At thirty-five below!
> >
> > Oh, how I love Nebraska
> > When the snow's up to your butt.
> > You take a breath of winter,
> > And your nose gets frozen shut!
> >
> > Yes, the weather here is wonderful
> > So I guess I'll hang around.
> > I could never leave Nebraska,
> > I'm frozen to the damn ground!

Our need to learn should always outweigh our need to be right

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2010 - 12:57PM #10
Agnosticspirit

Well, it's been cold here in Southern California too.... Yesterday I was talking to clients in Florida and they were cold too. One of the staff grows oranges on his property.... Yesterday afternoon I stocked up on orange juice.... when the temps fall to the thirties, the price of orange juice goes sky high as crops freeze.

Cold really is realtive. CESmom, I've lived in bitterly cold places but once I became accustomed to California, I shiver when the temps fall below 60 and at forty ABOVE 0, I'm wearing my heavy sweater, leather jacket, gloves and scarf.

We Californians suffer from the cold too, but  we don't DIE from being exposed to the weather for only 5 minutes either. I miss snow but I don't miss serious cold weather.

Huh... icecaps in Greenland may be melting... Cyclical change or human caused? I'm still an agnostic on that matter.

The settlement of Greenland by the Norse is an interesting tale of  climate change. When it got too cold even for Nordic people, too cold for crops to grow, and they had to chop down what few trees that remained to heat their houses of stone, they starved to death. That ships bringing goods from Iceland and Norway stopped coming didn't help matters much. 

The little Ice Age slowly gripped the largest island in the world, and so ended the Nordic settlements of Greenland. I wonder if the luck of Eric the Red, credited with discovering Greenland, is still considered luck.

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook