Post Reply
Page 19 of 20  •  Prev 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Italian Justice - or Anti-Americanism?
5 years ago  ::  Dec 15, 2009 - 10:49AM #181
Christianlib
Posts: 21,848

Their bridges are falling apart and they laugh!


 


Do you mean the bridges the Romans built more than 2,000 years ago? Or the ones built just 400 to 500 years ago?


PS, remember the 10 yr old (if I recall correctly) American bridge that fell into a river?


Our bridges are falling apart, and all American conservatives can say is, "Cut my taxes! Cut my taxes!"

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 15, 2009 - 11:18AM #182
rabello
Posts: 21,790

Dec 15, 2009 -- 8:44AM, appy20 wrote:


Then what was the point of your post about me not being there?  In other words, I am supposed not repudiate their opinions with facts?  I am supposed to agree with them even when the facts don't hold up? 


Why was I supposed to be in the courtroom before I can express an opinion?




No you didn't have to be in the courtroom, or involved in jury deliberations, or in the room when the forgotten victim was murdered to have an opinion, but you did need to be there to know the absolute truth.


Dec 15, 2009 -- 8:44AM, appy20 wrote:


Then why do they have so many tabloids and why did the prosecutor leak so much inaccurate information to them?


If Italians are less interested in a sex orgy than justice, then why was so much evidence ignored? 




And there you go, again.


Most people probably agree with the rational part of your argument and are hoping that if Amanda Knox is innocent, will be set free.


It's your over-the-top invective that most of us have responded to, trying to provide a counterpoint to your condemnation of all of Italy and all Italians, and posters you seem to have developed personal aminus for.   Many points have been offered here, all either ignored or attacked, in favor of contiinued unfounded accusations and rather vicious condemnations of Italy and the Italian people, or participants here who might have a different perspective than your's. 


Personally, I think the reminder of America's prisoners that are denied trial or appeal altogether was a spot-on post, and I appreciated reading it.    I also think the point that has been made multiple times here, that the media may not be presenting the entire story.


 Sorry, but you asked, so I responded.

 


 


 


Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 15, 2009 - 11:51AM #183
Wendyness
Posts: 3,012

Dec 15, 2009 -- 10:49AM, Christianlib wrote:


Their bridges are falling apart and they laugh!


 


Do you mean the bridges the Romans built more than 2,000 years ago? Or the ones built just 400 to 500 years ago?


PS, remember the 10 yr old (if I recall correctly) American bridge that fell into a river?


Our bridges are falling apart, and all American conservatives can say is, "Cut my taxes! Cut my taxes!"




Seriously, they prop their bridge that carries a train from Positano to Serrento with bricks! 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 15, 2009 - 12:03PM #184
rabello
Posts: 21,790

Dec 15, 2009 -- 11:51AM, Wendyness wrote:


Dec 15, 2009 -- 10:49AM, Christianlib wrote:


Their bridges are falling apart and they laugh!


 


Do you mean the bridges the Romans built more than 2,000 years ago? Or the ones built just 400 to 500 years ago?


PS, remember the 10 yr old (if I recall correctly) American bridge that fell into a river?


Our bridges are falling apart, and all American conservatives can say is, "Cut my taxes! Cut my taxes!"




Seriously, they prop their bridge that carries a train from Positano to Serrento with bricks! 




So?  Does that mean I can conclude Italians are "stupid" or just uncivilized?   When's the last time we heard Italian citizens dying because their uncivilized bridge collapsed or their uncivilized levees broke, drowning an entire city, the way it happens "over here."


And what does that have to do with the convictions of an American woman and her Italian boyfriend ????


It's ok to hate Italians.  Makes me wonder why anyone would bother visiting "over there."  However, the Italy-bashing that characterized the majority of this thread is baffling. 


I just want to know if it had been a promiscuous American MALE that was convicted, if there'd be so much bashing of Italy and the Italian people????    That's what I'm wondering.  Would there be such rage if it had been a guy?   I suspect not.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 15, 2009 - 12:04PM #185
Christianlib
Posts: 21,848

Dec 15, 2009 -- 11:51AM, Wendyness wrote:


Dec 15, 2009 -- 10:49AM, Christianlib wrote:


Their bridges are falling apart and they laugh!


 


Do you mean the bridges the Romans built more than 2,000 years ago? Or the ones built just 400 to 500 years ago?


PS, remember the 10 yr old (if I recall correctly) American bridge that fell into a river?


Our bridges are falling apart, and all American conservatives can say is, "Cut my taxes! Cut my taxes!"




Seriously, they prop their bridge that carries a train from Positano to Serrento with bricks! 




 


Citation, please.


And, even IF totally true, have you read recent reports on the sad state of America's infrastructure?

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 15, 2009 - 12:07PM #186
Idbc
Posts: 4,569

Howdy Roodog


Dec 14, 2009 -- 5:17PM, Roodog wrote:


 

But was she an accessory?



Good question.  What is the evidence that she was an accessory? 


The prosecution stated that since there were no defensive wounds that it evidence that more than one person committed the crime.  But that does not mean that Amanda Know nor her former boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito were involved. 


Rudy Guede was the man who was convicted of actually committing the crime. 


Did Rudy Guede implicate Amanda Knox in the crime after his conviction ? 


Another question is how well did Amanda Knox know Rudy Guede, the defense claims that she knew him causally, the prosecution claims that she knew him more than casually.  That she knew him well enough to be an accessory to the murder.  What was the evidence to support that claim? 


Then there is the question about the battle of the media which has nothing whatsoever to do with the innocense or guilt of Amanda Knox. 


It has been claimed that  "the mainstream American media has tried to portray Amanda Know as an innocent American caught up in anti-American antipathy and convicted by the "tabloid"  press.  I disgree with this claim.  The news reports I watched did not convey this sentiment.   I will concede that "the american media" did have interviews with the parents of Amanda Knox, and her parents, like the vast majority of parents charged with such a crime proclaimed their daughters innocence. 


I do not know how "the Italian media"  covered the trial.   I do not know if the charge that the "Italian mainstream media" portrayed Amanda Knox aka Foxy/Knoxy as a typical american slut who murdered a poor innocent Italian woman.    Is the charge that there was an anti-American bias against Amanda Knox without any foundation whatsoever?


Have A Thinking Day And May Reason Guide You Smile




HAVE A THINKING DAY MAY REASON GUIDE YOU
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 15, 2009 - 12:13PM #187
appy20
Posts: 10,165

There were defensive wounds on Kercher but not Knox.  There were 47 wounds on Kercher (who was British and not Italian).  Most of them bruises.  According to the forensic experts that the networks had examine the photos, they said that there was a terrific struggle and she fought a lot.


Guede never volunteered Knox.  When asked without mentioning Knox, he said he didn't recognize the man he "saw."   The first 5 times, he was specifically asked about Knox he said she was not there. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 15, 2009 - 12:33PM #188
Wendyness
Posts: 3,012

Dec 15, 2009 -- 12:03PM, rabello wrote:


Dec 15, 2009 -- 11:51AM, Wendyness wrote:


Dec 15, 2009 -- 10:49AM, Christianlib wrote:


Their bridges are falling apart and they laugh!


 


Do you mean the bridges the Romans built more than 2,000 years ago? Or the ones built just 400 to 500 years ago?


PS, remember the 10 yr old (if I recall correctly) American bridge that fell into a river?


Our bridges are falling apart, and all American conservatives can say is, "Cut my taxes! Cut my taxes!"




Seriously, they prop their bridge that carries a train from Positano to Serrento with bricks! 




So?  Does that mean I can conclude Italians are "stupid" or just uncivilized?   When's the last time we heard Italian citizens dying because their uncivilized bridge collapsed or their uncivilized levees broke, drowning an entire city, the way it happens "over here."


And what does that have to do with the convictions of an American woman and her Italian boyfriend ????


It's ok to hate Italians.  Makes me wonder why anyone would bother visiting "over there."  However, the Italy-bashing that characterized the majority of this thread is baffling. 


I just want to know if it had been a promiscuous American MALE that was convicted, if there'd be so much bashing of Italy and the Italian people????    That's what I'm wondering.  Would there be such rage if it had been a guy?   I suspect not.




I LOVE Italians!  I especially love their coffee and animated men.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 15, 2009 - 12:41PM #189
rabello
Posts: 21,790

Dec 15, 2009 -- 12:33PM, Wendyness wrote:


I LOVE Italians!  I especially love their coffee and animated men.




Yes, such a object of entertainment for "exceptional" Americans, a specimen under the microscope to laugh at, or ridicule, depending on the mood.   From the sounds of this thread, I'm not sure if we're talking about the evil doing Muslims and an evil doing Muslim/Arab country, actually.   Interchangeable, when it comes to condemnation of an entire people, it seems, whether for amusement or fear. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 15, 2009 - 12:46PM #190
appy20
Posts: 10,165

Justice has no gender.  I am just as outraged by the fact Amanda's boyfriend was convicted.  The evidence to convict him is not good either.  He wasn't as villainized in court as she was but he is still sentenced 25 years, pretty much for having a girlfriend who shared a flat with a murder victim and for dating Amanda.  He should not have been arrested.    I really thought that, once they went to trial, both would be acquitted.  When they were not, I heard of her conviction first. My outrage is for both and I am horrified what happened to Kercher. 


 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 19 of 20  •  Prev 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook