Page 20 of 20  •  Prev 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20
Switch to Forum Live View Italian Justice - or Anti-Americanism?
4 years ago  ::  Dec 15, 2009 - 4:23PM #191
Wendyness

Dec 15, 2009 -- 12:41PM, rabello wrote:

Dec 15, 2009 -- 12:33PM, Wendyness wrote:

I LOVE Italians!  I especially love their coffee and animated men.

Yes, such a object of entertainment for "exceptional" Americans, a specimen under the microscope to laugh at, or ridicule, depending on the mood.   From the sounds of this thread, I'm not sure if we're talking about the evil doing Muslims and an evil doing Muslim/Arab country, actually.   Interchangeable, when it comes to condemnation of an entire people, it seems, whether for amusement or fear. 

Please, Italians are much more than entertainment for "exceptional" Americans.  They are a delightful culture and much appreciated for the multitude of contributions in many areas of the human race.  Lighten up!  Take a stroll and have some Italian coffee.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.

While a relaxed ROC standard is in effect on that forum, the tighter forum-wide ROC standard -- and all local guidelines for this forum -- apply to this discussion from this point forward.

mlyons619
Beliefnet Community Co-Host, HOT TOPICS ZONE

Moderated by Mlyons619 on Dec 24, 2009 - 12:38AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 31, 2009 - 12:35AM #192
Mlyons619

...Washington State Senator Maria Cantwell has stated that Amanda Knox did not receive a fair trial in Perugia,  Italy, implying the Italian system is inherently deficient, and calling for the Department of State to intervene.    In fact, Knox  has stronger rights on appeal in Italy  than a defendant in the U.S... (more)

So those thinking she did not get a fair shake might want to read this...

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 20 of 20  •  Prev 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook