Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 7 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Switch to Forum Live View Sad News: Ted Kennedy died tonight
8 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2009 - 9:47PM #61
Marysara722

Tenac, it looks like Stitch responded first to one and then the other.

*It was plain to see*

:)

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2009 - 10:00PM #62
stitch813

Aug 29, 2009 -- 9:47PM, Marysara722 wrote:

Tenac, it looks like Stitch responded first to one and then the other.

*It was plain to see*

:)

Thank you Mary Sara.  I apologize to Tenac, but I really do not see the point in many of the right responses, they provoke a negative retort.  My mother taught me when I was little if you can't say something nice then say nothing at all, if a person doesn't warrant this when they die what hope do the living have. I'm not just speaking to Tenac so don't take this personally but I find a lot of comments on this thread and the other Kennedy thread to just be disgusting.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2009 - 10:01PM #63
Justme333

Aug 29, 2009 -- 1:43AM, Mlyons619 wrote:

Re:  Chappaquiddick-- Had Kennedy been charged, he probably would have been charged with DUI resulting in death, leaving the scene of an accident and failing to properly report to authorities. 

Serious enough charges, yes, but NOT anywhere near murder.

Kennedy paid the price by watching his aspirations for the Presidency end.  He is in the Hands of God now, and will face a Justice far more just and even-handed than your's or anything that man can offer. 

That should more than satisfy you or anyone else.

I could be wrong, but I thought he was charged - with leaving the scene of an accident, that he pled guilty, and got sentenced to two years - suspended - with community service.

Justme

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."  Will Rogers

"Give to those who ask, and don't turn away from those who want to borrow."  Matthew 5:42

"Charity is no substitute for justice withheld."         St. Augustine

"Your love for God is only as great as the love you have for the person you love least."  Dorothy Day

"If you want peace, work for justice." Pope Paul VI
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2009 - 10:04PM #64
stitch813

Aug 29, 2009 -- 10:01PM, Justme333 wrote:

Aug 29, 2009 -- 1:43AM, Mlyons619 wrote:

Re:  Chappaquiddick-- Had Kennedy been charged, he probably would have been charged with DUI resulting in death, leaving the scene of an accident and failing to properly report to authorities.

Serious enough charges, yes, but NOT anywhere near murder.

Kennedy paid the price by watching his aspirations for the Presidency end.  He is in the Hands of God now, and will face a Justice far more just and even-handed than your's or anything that man can offer.

That should more than satisfy you or anyone else.

I could be wrong, but I thought he was charged - with leaving the scene of an accident, that he pled guilty, and got sentenced to two years - suspended - with community service.

Justme

Yes he did, there is a documentary on CNN showing now and yes he did get charged and plead guilty with leaving the scene of an accident.  Since no one knows what really happened in that car perhaps it was a just punishment.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2009 - 10:13PM #65
Justme333

Aug 28, 2009 -- 12:41PM, Messiahobama wrote:

The Vatican has no comment on Ted.   Obama saw the Pope and delivered a mysterious sealed envelope from Ted to the Pope.  What did it say?  "Forgive me Father, I have sinned, and I've done 5 Hail Mary's, is that enough?  I can't give you all my sins, I'm senile now and have forgotten most of them, especially that Mary Jo thing"

Will the Catholic Church give him a funeral?   Is he eligible?   Or was the sealed envelope a request to be considered for sainthood?   St. Ted?

Apparently the Vatican is not as judgmental as you seem to be, since the Pope did answer Senator Kennedy's letter, and the Church did give a beautiful funeral mass for him - with two Cardinals no less, well one at the Mass and another at the internment.

Justme

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."  Will Rogers

"Give to those who ask, and don't turn away from those who want to borrow."  Matthew 5:42

"Charity is no substitute for justice withheld."         St. Augustine

"Your love for God is only as great as the love you have for the person you love least."  Dorothy Day

"If you want peace, work for justice." Pope Paul VI
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 7 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook