Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 6 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Sad News: Ted Kennedy died tonight
8 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2009 - 8:39AM #51
Messiahobama

Ted's resting place is Arlington National Cemetary, with full military honors.  Ted was a brave private in the army from June 1951 to March 1953, undergoing intelligence training which ended inexplainably, then transferred to the military police.   Instead of going to Korea, where most nearly inductees went, Ted went to Europe, Paris, and Germany.

Ted risked his life serving his country in Paris, while less wealthy American soldiers went to Korea, some died, some were POW's, some injured.    But Ted was so much more important than a mere American male.  He was the son of a politician with money and influence, who pulled strings for Ted, getting him out of the infantry, out of Korea, and out of the army before the minimum enlistment would have expired.

Ted deserves full military honors.  He is so qualified.   Arlington National Cemetary has limited space, so we need to reserve it for those who truly served our country in combat.

Ted did cause the deaths of many enemies.  Ted promoted abortion at every opportunity.  Millions of unborn children died due to Ted's valiant efforts.   If Ted were able to get into his old soldier's uniform, they'd put ribbon after ribbon on his chest for valor, bravery, and courage in facing down those millions of dangerous fetuses.   Ted, we'll miss you.  You so deserve a Catholic funeral.  You're not a hypocrite.  You stood up to your church, the real enemy, and fought them all your life.  What a guy.   Plus you killed Mary Jo Kopechne.  Put another ribbon on your chest, for valor and bravery, as you plotted with your attorneys rather than call the police to help her.  But there is a reason why you didn't call for help for Mary Jo.  You had already killed her and knew she was dead.  You knew it served no purpose to call for help, instead you hoped the car would submerge and be lost.   What a hero, what a brilliant guy.  We all look up to Ted Kennedy as our example, of what a true American can do.

Full military honors.  Arlington Cemetary.   A Catholic mass funeral.   Millions of adoring fawning fans.     Maybe they'll do the same for Charles Manson when he dies.  Charlie never actually killed anyone.   Ted did.  Ted wins in the honors.  A real veteran all veterans can be proud of.  A true Catholic that the Pope is just choked up over, withholding any comments on the faithful Ted.    If the Pope could speak about Ted, I'm sure Benedict would say glowing things about Ted, his loyalty to the Church, his adherence to Church doctrines, Ted's faithful life of humility.  The Pope will likely initiate sainthood for Ted, as soon as one of Ted's adoring fans claims they were healed of some disease.

It's now well known, but Ted could walk on water.  He could also fly.  But the plane crashed, leavng Ted with some injuries.    That's why Ted didn't wear a seat belt in the plane like others did, because Ted could fly, and should the plane crash, Ted would use his superhuman powers and flap his arms.   Ted is more than human.  He's a legend that inspires us all.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2009 - 11:47AM #52
christzen

First off,I didn't like Ted Kennedy.But it is a sad commentary on the state of many posters character that they feel the pathetic need to come here and rag on a dead man.And yes,it is hate that drives it,despite their protestations.Disliking someone's politics doesn't drive intelligent people to post hateful things about others,especially after they are dead.Just ask Orrin Hatch.And those that are too stupid to know the definition of murder need to educate themselves before using the term "murderer".He should have been convicted of something along the lines of negligent homicide and booted out of the Senate.But murder?Go back to frickin first grade and relearn something of the judicial system.

When Reagan died and this stuff was coming from the left,I hoped that this was something the right would not stoop to in their turn.But this goes to show there are smallminded,mean little petty people on all sides.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2009 - 11:58AM #53
christzen

Aug 26, 2009 -- 9:35PM, Mlyons619 wrote:

The man has passed, oneinChrist1963.  The Christianity I practice demands I pray for the beneit of his soul, and not think of reasons that he should be damned.

His soul isn't in your hands anyway - at least not according to the Christianity I believe in...

You don't even need to bring the demands of Christianity into it,and I say this as a practicing Christian.It's called simple human decency,and sadly it often seems to be most lacking in those
that claim to follow Christ.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2009 - 12:13PM #54
Mlyons619

...But this goes to show there are smallminded,mean little petty people on all sides...

Sadly true...

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2009 - 12:15PM #55
sydneymoon

Aug 29, 2009 -- 11:47AM, christzen wrote:

First off,I didn't like Ted Kennedy.But it is a sad commentary on the state of many posters character that they feel the pathetic need to come here and rag on a dead man.And yes,it is hate that drives it,despite their protestations.Disliking someone's politics doesn't drive intelligent people to post hateful things about others,especially after they are dead. 

I have to agree w/ all of the above

Aug 29, 2009 -- 11:47AM, christzen wrote:

When Reagan died and this stuff was coming from the left,I hoped that this was something the right would not stoop to in their turn.But this goes to show there are smallminded,mean little petty people on all sides.

I did not vote for Reagan. I was always saddened and angry by the lack of initiative regarding the AIDS epidemic among other things. However, I genuinely felt for the Reagan family and friends when he finally passed on after years of suffering from Alzheimer's disease. Perhaps folks could save the bashing for a day or so after Kennedy's burial. Small hope.

Margaret Mead: "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2009 - 12:38PM #56
sydneymoon

The eulogies given by his sons, Ted Jr. and Patrick were very poignant. The tribute by Ted Jr. was especially eloquent.

Margaret Mead: "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2009 - 12:51PM #57
TENAC

Ok, write it down.

I was wrong.

obama was honorable in his euology, didnt attempt to rename the healthless care bill.

Also Syd, I agree.  His sons were very good.

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2009 - 1:44PM #58
sydneymoon

Kudos to you, Tenac (and the prez didn't even use the teleprompter).Wink

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2009 - 8:58PM #59
stitch813

Aug 29, 2009 -- 1:16AM, Messiahobama wrote:

A woman named Star comes to visit Charles Manson, and says what a good person he is, concerned about the environment.

Similarly, we see people coming to Ted Kennedy's funeral, saying he made some mistakes, but he was concerned about the poor.   Charles Manson made some mistakes.

At some point "mistakes" becomes a euphemism for murder, of Sharon Tate or Mary Jo Kopechne.

there are two conspiracy theories about Mary Jo.   Kennedy got Mary Jo pregnant, killed her, and then staged an accident to hide the murder.   Another theory is Nixon and those who killed JFK, also killed Robert Kennedy, and tried to kill Teddy but only got Mary Jo.  They rigged his car to have an accident, or put misleading highway signs before the bridge.

Most who kill others don't get national public eulogies.  There is more evidence to convict Ted Kennedy of murder than there was for OJ Simpson.  But Kennedy is white.  OJ is black.  Black men are in prison when white men are honored, who did the same things.

First off there are a lot of conspiracies with negative consequences on both sides and there always will be.   They are not FACTS they are conspiracies.  Secondly to compare Ted Kennedy a man who helped millions of Americans have their voices heard to Charles Manson is just plain disgusting.  I know the prospect of a public servant is one that is foreign to those on the right whose main ideology of life is eat or get eaten  but Ted Kennedy was a true public servant.  He served the public in millions in thousands of different ways and the American people LOVED him for it.  Get over it. 

Tenac, perhaps Bush should have used a teleprompter more(if he can even read that is) and you wouldn't be quite so envious of the current president who if nothing else knows how to read a beautiful well written speech in stead of gibberish.  Pathetic what you vultures do to people that don't share the same ideology as you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2009 - 9:30PM #60
TENAC

Aug 29, 2009 -- 8:58PM, stitch813 wrote:

Aug 29, 2009 -- 1:16AM, Messiahobama wrote:

A woman named Star comes to visit Charles Manson, and says what a good person he is, concerned about the environment.

Similarly, we see people coming to Ted Kennedy's funeral, saying he made some mistakes, but he was concerned about the poor.   Charles Manson made some mistakes.

At some point "mistakes" becomes a euphemism for murder, of Sharon Tate or Mary Jo Kopechne.

there are two conspiracy theories about Mary Jo.   Kennedy got Mary Jo pregnant, killed her, and then staged an accident to hide the murder.   Another theory is Nixon and those who killed JFK, also killed Robert Kennedy, and tried to kill Teddy but only got Mary Jo.  They rigged his car to have an accident, or put misleading highway signs before the bridge.

Most who kill others don't get national public eulogies.  There is more evidence to convict Ted Kennedy of murder than there was for OJ Simpson.  But Kennedy is white.  OJ is black.  Black men are in prison when white men are honored, who did the same things.

First off there are a lot of conspiracies with negative consequences on both sides and there always will be.   They are not FACTS they are conspiracies.  Secondly to compare Ted Kennedy a man who helped millions of Americans have their voices heard to Charles Manson is just plain disgusting.  I know the prospect of a public servant is one that is foreign to those on the right whose main ideology of life is eat or get eaten  but Ted Kennedy was a true public servant.  He served the public in millions in thousands of different ways and the American people LOVED him for it.  Get over it. 

Tenac, perhaps Bush should have used a teleprompter more(if he can even read that is) and you wouldn't be quite so envious of the current president who if nothing else knows how to read a beautiful well written speech in stead of gibberish.  Pathetic what you vultures do to people that don't share the same ideology as you.

You do realize you quoted Messobama then addressed me.   I'll  give the benefit of the doubt it was on oversight, or you would like me to respond to this?

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook