Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 5 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Sad News: Ted Kennedy died tonight
8 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2009 - 2:18PM #41
catalunya70

Aug 28, 2009 -- 1:27PM, Christianlib wrote:

As in all such occasions, there will be two kinds of people there.  There will be those who just want to pay their respects, and there will be those who want to be sure the are SEEN paying their respects.

One measure of a man's contributions to the world, is just how many of the former kind there are.

How would anyone know which is which?  Perhaps more of the latter?

"  Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure there is one less rascal in the world."

Thomas Carlyle

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2009 - 2:19PM #42
rabello

Aug 28, 2009 -- 2:10PM, TENAC wrote:

Aug 28, 2009 -- 2:01PM, rabello wrote:

Phony baloney, TENAC.

The only people who would take the time to listen to what Obama will have to say are those who already agree with Ted Kennedy's longtime advocacy of health care for all Americans, not just those who can afford it.    They won't be the ones needing to trash the thing because they "suspect" "politics" will come from it.    Curiously enough, that was exactly what they were whining about on FAUX News last night when I accidentally turned the channel to THAT frequency.

Poor conservatives.   Obama Hate is obviously not enough to get to that peaceful, easy feeling one gets after a "rush"

I will bet you your lunch money this comes off as a campaign speech, and a push for obama care.

The fact obama is doing the euology makes it political.  There is no relationship there beyond two years.

For those who interpret funeral proceedings according to how much they hate the deceased and the speakers. I've no doubt the eulogy will be summarily dismissed as dishonest.

Fortunately, the world is not run, and certainly this country is not run, on the basis of some people's hate. 

I've no doubt seeing this slice of ordinary Americans come out of hiding in the numbers that they are to basically thank Kennedy for remembering them during his years in government, is unnerving to those who base their opinions on what they hate.  Just like the solemnity and inspiration of Obama's inauguration, with all those ordinary Americans coming out to express their hope, must have been unnerving.

Black Lives Matter
Muslim Lives Matter
There is no such thing as "illegals"
LGBT Lives Matter
Poor Women's Lives Matter

"If we jump too quickly to the universal formulation, 'all lives matter,' then we miss the fact that black people have not yet been included in the idea of 'all lives.'"

--Professor Judith Butler
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2009 - 2:41PM #43
TENAC

Aug 28, 2009 -- 2:19PM, rabello wrote:

Aug 28, 2009 -- 2:10PM, TENAC wrote:

Aug 28, 2009 -- 2:01PM, rabello wrote:

Phony baloney, TENAC.

The only people who would take the time to listen to what Obama will have to say are those who already agree with Ted Kennedy's longtime advocacy of health care for all Americans, not just those who can afford it.    They won't be the ones needing to trash the thing because they "suspect" "politics" will come from it.    Curiously enough, that was exactly what they were whining about on FAUX News last night when I accidentally turned the channel to THAT frequency.

Poor conservatives.   Obama Hate is obviously not enough to get to that peaceful, easy feeling one gets after a "rush"

I will bet you your lunch money this comes off as a campaign speech, and a push for obama care.

The fact obama is doing the euology makes it political.  There is no relationship there beyond two years.

For those who interpret funeral proceedings according to how much they hate the deceased and the speakers. I've no doubt the eulogy will be summarily dismissed as dishonest.

Fortunately, the world is not run, and certainly this country is not run, on the basis of some people's hate. 

I've no doubt seeing this slice of ordinary Americans come out of hiding in the numbers that they are to basically thank Kennedy for remembering them during his years in government, is unnerving to those who base their opinions on what they hate.  Just like the solemnity and inspiration of Obama's inauguration, with all those ordinary Americans coming out to express their hope, must have been unnerving.

Hate.

Only libs reference hate.  Theirs or yours, them seem omniscient.

No, I dont hate TKennedy, nor obama.  I did and do hate their politics I see as detrimental to this country.

The euology is being televised I am sure, and then we'll know. 

But I wonder,

if it werent, would obama still do it?

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2009 - 2:52PM #44
Christianlib

What is it righties don't understand about reaping what they sow?

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2009 - 3:05PM #45
rabello

Aug 28, 2009 -- 2:52PM, Christianlib wrote:

What is it righties don't understand about reaping what they sow?

Thinking they really and truly ARE the Moral Majority, I guess, always right, never wrong, that hate is love, war is peace, torture is justified for mindless animals, etc

Of course a 400% increase in death threats against the President of the United States, a Christian pastor preaching he hopes Obama dies and goes to hell, and that his children will be fatherless and his wife a widow, is straight from the Bible and doesn't amount to "hate" either.

Black Lives Matter
Muslim Lives Matter
There is no such thing as "illegals"
LGBT Lives Matter
Poor Women's Lives Matter

"If we jump too quickly to the universal formulation, 'all lives matter,' then we miss the fact that black people have not yet been included in the idea of 'all lives.'"

--Professor Judith Butler
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2009 - 6:46PM #46
stitch813

Because of Ted Kennedy's mistake he spent the rest of his life making life better for the people he served.  All of those Americans paying tribute to him amazing.  I doubt when the right's heroes pass on anybody will come and wait for their coffins to pass by unless of course they have photos of Obama with a Hitler moustache and a joker face and guns brandished so they can make a political statement.  When Ted Kennedy is thought of in the future he will be remembered for the thousands upon thousands of good deeds he did for millions of people.  When the right's heroes pass on especially the recent ones they will be remembered not for the one mistake they made but for the thousands upon thousands of mistakes they made that affected millions of people.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2009 - 7:29PM #47
TENAC

Aug 28, 2009 -- 6:46PM, stitch813 wrote:

Because of Ted Kennedy's mistake he spent the rest of his life making life better for the people he served.  All of those Americans paying tribute to him amazing.  I doubt when the right's heroes pass on anybody will come and wait for their coffins to pass by unless of course they have photos of Obama with a Hitler moustache and a joker face and guns brandished so they can make a political statement.  When Ted Kennedy is thought of in the future he will be remembered for the thousands upon thousands of good deeds he did for millions of people.  When the right's heroes pass on especially the recent ones they will be remembered not for the one mistake they made but for the thousands upon thousands of mistakes they made that affected millions of people.

Since you were so balanced in your review here,

I can almost....no I can assure you.....

Ted Kennedy will forever be remembered for driving and swimming skills.

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2009 - 8:42PM #48
stitch813

Aug 28, 2009 -- 7:29PM, TENAC wrote:

Aug 28, 2009 -- 6:46PM, stitch813 wrote:

Since you were so balanced in your review here,

I can almost....no I can assure you.....

Ted Kennedy will forever be remembered for driving and swimming skills.

By you no doubt.  Don't forget your gun and poster of Obama when your heroes die, for me I said it now so that when the time comes I can do the decent thing and keep my mouth shut!

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2009 - 1:16AM #49
Messiahobama

A woman named Star comes to visit Charles Manson, and says what a good person he is, concerned about the environment.  

Similarly, we see people coming to Ted Kennedy's funeral, saying he made some mistakes, but he was concerned about the poor.   Charles Manson made some mistakes.  

At some point "mistakes" becomes a euphemism for murder, of Sharon Tate or Mary Jo Kopechne.

there are two conspiracy theories about Mary Jo.   Kennedy got Mary Jo pregnant, killed her, and then staged an accident to hide the murder.   Another theory is Nixon and those who killed JFK, also killed Robert Kennedy, and tried to kill Teddy but only got Mary Jo.  They rigged his car to have an accident, or put misleading highway signs before the bridge.

Most who kill others don't get national public eulogies.  There is more evidence to convict Ted Kennedy of murder than there was for OJ Simpson.  But Kennedy is white.  OJ is black.  Black men are in prison when white men are honored, who did the same things.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2009 - 1:43AM #50
Mlyons619

Re:  Chappaquiddick-- Had Kennedy been charged, he probably would have been charged with DUI resulting in death, leaving the scene of an accident and failing to properly report to authorities. 

Serious enough charges, yes, but NOT anywhere near murder.

Kennedy paid the price by watching his aspirations for the Presidency end.  He is in the Hands of God now, and will face a Justice far more just and even-handed than your's or anything that man can offer. 

That should more than satisfy you or anyone else.

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook