May he rest in peace.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 26, 2009 - 7:36AM #2
SherriMunnerlyn

Aug 26, 2009 -- 1:43AM, rabello wrote:

May he rest in peace.

rabello,

I woke up to read this news, what a way to start the day, to read this story, to start the day with a good cry.

us.mc830.mail.yahoo.com/mc/welcome?.part...

"He helped enact measures to protect civil and labor rights, expand healthcare, upgrade schools, increase student aid and contain the spread of nuclear weapons. 

"There's a lot to do," Kennedy told Reuters in 2006. "I think most of all it's the injustice that I continue to see and the opportunity to have some impact on it.""

What I will remember him for, he stood up against injustices, he stood up for righteous causes. I will miss him.

And then I read a bunch of hateful comments about him, in what seemed to me to be an unexpected source for so many comments like that, The Independent.

It just goes to show you, some people can never let go of their hate, they just treasure it like it is the most important thing they have to do with their lives and hang onto it, no matter what the circumstances.

Sherri

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 26, 2009 - 9:32AM #3
nnsecu

I have never liked Ted Kennedy and the few times i dealt with him personally where very unpleasant, with all that said my heart does go out to his family for their loss.

I wonder how long before his death will be exploited in the healthcare reform debate? How long before we hear the "Do it for TEDDY" angle?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 26, 2009 - 9:38AM #4
mecdukebec
I heard Senator Kennedy speak in 1989 at a M.L. King breakfast in Boston, and have always thought highly of him.  Requiescat in pacem.

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 26, 2009 - 9:48AM #5
looshawn

It's unfortunate on the passing of the Senator.

At least I can say I agreed with him on ONE thing - be a life long Boston Red Sox fan.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 26, 2009 - 9:58AM #6
Jasr

He was a deeply flawed individual who got a lot of good things done.

May he rest in peace.

(And Looshawn, I'll be happy along with you when the Red Sox win, but I hope the Habs stomp on the Bruins next year.)

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 26, 2009 - 10:11AM #7
Erey

I am sort of happy for him on this.  He was out and about on some issue just over a week ago - well enough to get around and do some Senatoring.  So he seemed to have been able to keep something of a quality of life until the very end.

I know my father died of a brain tumor and he was incapacitated for a few months before his death.  I am sure Kenedy had pain and suffering but he seemed to have been spared quite a bit of it too.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 26, 2009 - 10:19AM #8
Kairos

Rest in peace, Senator Kennedy. 

What an amazing family he came from.  Are there any Kennedys left in politics?  Seems like they left behind quite a legacy.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 26, 2009 - 12:09PM #9
Jasr

Aug 26, 2009 -- 10:11AM, Erey wrote:

I am sort of happy for him on this.  He was out and about on some issue just over a week ago - well enough to get around and do some Senatoring.  So he seemed to have been able to keep something of a quality of life until the very end.

Nice thought.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 26, 2009 - 12:11PM #10
Jasr

Aug 26, 2009 -- 10:19AM, Kairos wrote:

Rest in peace, Senator Kennedy. 

What an amazing family he came from.  Are there any Kennedys left in politics?  Seems like they left behind quite a legacy.

There's Maria Shriver. I think that's about it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 7  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook