Page 1 of 6  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Switch to Forum Live View WORLD PEACE.........a reasonable objective for mankind?
5 years ago  ::  Aug 08, 2009 - 10:10AM #1
Thebeliever

I just got on BN and I would like to hear from those who believe that World Peace is a reasonable objective for mankind.

If you don't think it is, please chime in...... God knows, you might be right......

The Believer

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 11, 2009 - 9:19AM #2
Zaracyn

Aug 8, 2009 -- 10:10AM, Thebeliever wrote:

I just got on BN and I would like to hear from those who believe that World Peace is a reasonable objective for mankind.

If you don't think it is, please chime in...... God knows, you might be right......

The Believer

This kinda goes hand-in-hand with my "world government" thread.  I suppose it might even be a prerequisite!  Is it possible, I'd like to think so...realisticly, I dunno!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 11, 2009 - 5:08PM #3
Thebeliever

Hi Z....thanks for chiming in......let me take a look at your post and maybe we can get some other posters going on our look on Word Peace and World Politics!

Catch ya on the flipside,

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 14, 2009 - 5:08PM #4
Mlyons619

World peace?  Nice pie-in-the-sky stuff. Of course everyone wants that.

World government?  Like the ole' United Federation of Planets type government from Star Trek?  Of course everyone'd like that too.  However, it is more likely this government would by an oligarchy of the elite -- and the rest of us would be peons with no say whatsoever.  No thank you.

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 14, 2009 - 6:25PM #5
CharikIeia

Aug 14, 2009 -- 5:08PM, Mlyons619 wrote:

Of course everyone'd like that too. 

No thank you.

Your stance sounds contradictory.

Can you, I mean CAN you, elaborate?

tl;dr
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 14, 2009 - 10:38PM #6
Mlyons619

Do you believe World Peace = World Government?  I don't.  Just who gets the be the elite who runs the World and how will the peons get their say?

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 17, 2009 - 2:00PM #7
Zaracyn

I don't think "world peace" would necessarily equal "world government". 

It might take a world government to enforce world peace, but the big question would be, at what price? 

Would we be giving up any liberties?  How would we safegaurd from electing a tyrant to hold the highest post on the planet?  Would we be willing to remove him/her/it/them with extreme measures?  Are we nuts or just being too pessimistic for thinking it could even occur?  why or why not?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 25, 2009 - 2:04AM #8
L.Ann

Yes!  World Peace Is Possible.....

The most important factor for world peace is Mankind who inhabit the earth.  This is where healing must first begin....Governments can introduce  certain measures of peaceful dialog and policy that support all nations and peoples.  Ultimately, it is based on the unity and wholeness of 'the people.'

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2009 - 2:21PM #9
Mikelaw276

for complete world peace, we all need to be on the same page and I don't think we are at all.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2009 - 7:37PM #10
darkthroneofeth

World peace will happen, more or less, (not counting day-to-day skirmishes and the criminals), but under a guise and reasons not totally wholesome.  Wars are a means to an end, which is not just another war but a new age.  But what will humanity be like by then??

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook