Page 1 of 60  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 60 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Obama slammed as 'racist' at Jerusalem rally
5 years ago  ::  Jul 27, 2009 - 9:44PM #1
Grinandbearit

"Imagine what would happen if someone were to suggest Jews could not live in or purchase [property] in certain neighborhoods in London, New York, Paris or Rome,"

"The international community would certainly raise protest. Likewise, we cannot accept such a ruling on East Jerusalem," Netanyahu told ministers.

Read full article

1Co 1:18  For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
1Co 1:27  But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
Co 2:14  But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1Co 3:19  For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 27, 2009 - 10:15PM #2
Stardove

Jul 27, 2009 -- 9:44PM, Grinandbearit wrote:

"Imagine what would happen if someone were to suggest Jews could not live in or purchase [property] in certain neighborhoods in London, New York, Paris or Rome,"

"The international community would certainly raise protest. Likewise, we cannot accept such a ruling on East Jerusalem," Netanyahu told ministers.

Read full article

IMHO, World Net Daily is not the best source for any story.  They are so far to the right and are doing their best to make President Obama the bad guy.  Most stories you will find about this will give WND as the source.

It is the home site of the birthers.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

Anger cannot occur unless you believe that you have been attacked, that your attack is justified in return, and that you are in no way responsible for it. ACIM

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 27, 2009 - 10:21PM #3
mountain_man

Jul 27, 2009 -- 9:44PM, Grinandbearit wrote:

You mean like Palestinians cannot purchase property in certain neighborhoods in Israel?

This is just a transparent tactic to justify the illegal paramilitary encampments (euphemistically called "settlements") in the occupied West Bank and now Jeruselum.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 27, 2009 - 11:44PM #4
jane2

Let Israel stand on its own two feet without US $$$ support and I won't object. Israel has been a nation for over 60 years. It is not the fifty-first state. Israel is no more an ally of our country than any other sovreign nation.

I'm not anti-Jewish but I am not pro-Israel either. Every nation looks after its own best interests and no one is subsidizing us.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 27, 2009 - 11:55PM #5
jane2

SD

Many sources are cited on this board. I might not choose WND but not everyone here reads the NYT online everday as I do, nor msnbc or even Google News. I've been reading the NYT since as was a teeny-bop and that was a long time ago.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2009 - 10:19AM #6
Grinandbearit

WND may be "far to the right", but every other source is biased to the left! I stand with Israel and am a little shocked that I've had no pro-Israel responses~

1Co 1:18  For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
1Co 1:27  But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
Co 2:14  But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1Co 3:19  For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2009 - 6:19PM #7
world citizen

I think telling Israeli Jews that they shouldn't build in East Jerusalem is somewhat like telling northern Americans they shouldn't build below the Mason-Dixon Line.  Both areas became part of the greater nation after one side lost the war.   It was the Jews who reunited the holy city after the Six Day War.  I'm with Netanyahu on this one.  Jerusalem belongs to ALL Israelis - Jews, Christians, Muslims, whatever.  Telling the Jews they shouldn't build in a certain portion of the city is insulting to say the least.

Blessed is he who mingleth with all men in a spirit of utmost kindliness and love. ~Baha'u'llah
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2009 - 9:46PM #8
mountain_man

Jul 28, 2009 -- 10:19AM, Grinandbearit wrote:

WND may be "far to the right", but every other source is biased to the left! I stand with Israel and am a little shocked that I've had no pro-Israel responses~

Why should there be any pro-Israel responses? They are totally in the wrong this time. They know the paramilitary camps are illegal yet they continue building them. That alone tells me that they are not interested in any peace with anyone.

WND is too far Right to be worth the bother. This "racism" bit is straight from the Israeli lobby. It's a bunbh of BS too. Could a Palestinian buy land in Israel? Could they buy land in any of these paramilitary camps? Who's the racist? About the other news services; just because they do not toe the NeoCon party line does not mean they are biased.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2009 - 9:48PM #9
mountain_man

Jul 28, 2009 -- 6:19PM, world citizen wrote:

I think telling Israeli Jews .....

Their religion is irrelevant. The Israelis will not let Palestinians purchase land in Israel. That's racist. The land in Jerusalem they want to build on is not theirs. It belongs to someone else.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2009 - 10:10PM #10
Stardove

Jul 28, 2009 -- 10:19AM, Grinandbearit wrote:

WND may be "far to the right", but every other source is biased to the left!

I stand with Israel and am a little shocked that I've had no pro-Israel responses~

Two words about your first sentence.  FOX News  Tongue out

Go to the Middle East News and Politics we have Jewish members who post at that forum, as well as supporters who are not of the Jewish faith.

A lot of people do not take WND seriously.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

Anger cannot occur unless you believe that you have been attacked, that your attack is justified in return, and that you are in no way responsible for it. ACIM

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 60  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 60 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook