Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View John McCain Should Retire
6 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2009 - 6:09AM #1
whirlinggal

Isn't it time for McCain to hang it up?

He certainly demonstrated exceedingly bad judgment in his choice of Sarah Palin  as a running mate when he had other much better choices for the country like Tim Polenty.

Do we really want/need someone in the Senate with judgment as bad as his?

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2009 - 8:58AM #2
johndavid23

McCain's senility was apparent when he gave in and supported Bush.  He was tarred by his butt-kissing with the Bush crowd.

Pawlenty has his own problems.  He appointed Lt. Gov. Molneau to head the DOT, she knew nothing about transportation but plenty about political favoritism and contractor donation-funneling.  Thus, nobody was looking while that bridge was overloaded with construction equiptment and supplies and being jack-hammered apart until it fell into the Mississippi.  This is Pawlenty's albatross and will sour his political future.

Besides, refusing to fund the government is a stupid plan.  He thinks that he is a dictator.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2009 - 9:32AM #3
Lonesentinel

Jun 3, 2009 -- 6:09AM, whirlinggal wrote:

He certainly demonstrated exceedingly bad judgment in his choice of Sarah Palin  as a running mate when he had other much better choices for the country like Tim Polenty.

Well, considering that he is your state senator and not mine, it really is more up to you to help 'change the guard' than I.  Why don't you run for office?  With that law degree of yours, you are sure to be a shoe in!

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2009 - 8:42PM #4
puzzleman

Lonesentinel your exactly right I hear people complain all the time at work and these guys didn't bother to vote at all. Besides the Democratic party has the majority in the House and the Senate there isn't much he can do. There should be a limit to the number of terms an elected goverrment offical should serve they mandated it for the Presidency!

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2009 - 2:42AM #5
Merope

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.

Note that while a relaxed (site-wide) ROC standard applied to the discussion on that forum, the tighter forum ROCs apply to discussion on this thread from this point forward.

Merope
Beliefnet Community Host
Hot Topics Zone

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2009 - 6:56AM #6
JohnQ

Jun 3, 2009 -- 6:09AM, whirlinggal wrote:

Perhaps it is time for him to retire.

I am certain that it is past time for senators Lieberman and Dodd to retire.

Peace!                 
------

Christian LIES wed Christian HATE......Begot a child....it’s named Prop 8! 

Supreme Court let it stand.....which means we can vote away the rights of others in our land.

Sad as that may be...it hurts all of us.....not just me.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2009 - 6:57AM #7
JohnQ

Jun 3, 2009 -- 8:42PM, puzzleman wrote:

Lonesentinel your exactly right I hear people complain all the time at work and these guys didn't bother to vote at all. Besides the Democratic party has the majority in the House and the Senate there isn't much he can do. There should be a limit to the number of terms an elected goverrment offical should serve they mandated it for the Presidency!

The people of each state control the limit to the numbers of terms a US senator can serve.  All we have to do is vote someone else in after one, two, three, etc terms.

Peace!                 
------

Christian LIES wed Christian HATE......Begot a child....it’s named Prop 8! 

Supreme Court let it stand.....which means we can vote away the rights of others in our land.

Sad as that may be...it hurts all of us.....not just me.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2009 - 10:00AM #8
whirlinggal

John--hi--I don't know about you but I really wonder why anyone would think that SENATORS--who operate on not just a nationa but also the international stage--would ONLY be the concern of whoever was living in their state.

Maybe I just had a realy good civics teacher in high school?

Or I read a lot more newspapers etc.

*shrug*

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2009 - 10:06AM #9
whirlinggal

Jun 10, 2009 -- 2:42AM, Merope wrote:

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.

Note that while a relaxed (site-wide) ROC standard applied to the discussion on that forum, the tighter forum ROCs apply to discussion on this thread from this point forward.

Merope
Beliefnet Community Host
Hot Topics Zone

Merope--actually the thread started out on the USP board.

I'd wondered where it had gone.

Is this going to happen a lot?

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2009 - 10:37AM #10
nnsecu

The stupidity of congressmen/women may affect everyone living in the US but only certain citizens have a say in certain politicians career.  As a resident of VA I have no say in if McCain gets elected or not, just as you have no say in whom we choose to represent us.

What candidate are you currently volunteering for? What is their  platform? Please tell us about them. You are being proactive and actually trying to change your situation instead of just posting a complaint that you are too lazy to do anything about?

If we are seriously looking at senators who should retire look at those with serious health issues like Kennedy that is someone who needs to step down.    

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook