Page 2 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Global Warming - It May Be Too Late
5 years ago  ::  May 23, 2009 - 11:29AM #11
davelaw40

May 23, 2009 -- 11:20AM, aarroottoonn wrote:

May 23, 2009 -- 11:18AM, Ebon wrote:

I don't even need to be able to see aarr's post (I have him on ignore) to know what he said. It can hardly be a coincidence that GW-deniers are universally on the hard-right. What I have yet to understand is why they're opposed to the cleaner air and water that would be a side-effect of lowering our carbon emissions.

No one on earth is opposed to clean air and water. If you wish to live as if it were 1800 again, be my guest, just don't drag the rest of us down with you. Especially for something so obviously foolish as man made global warming.

if you lived in a big city like London in 1800 the air was actually worse

Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 23, 2009 - 11:34AM #12
Ebon

May 23, 2009 -- 11:27AM, christzen wrote:

LMAO!

This is a new one.Trying to respond to someone you don't read because you supposedly don't care to read what they say,and so instead you are left at trying to guess at what you think they are saying in order to respond to someone who's post are supposedly beneath you. 

I find it saves my blood pressure if I have the ultra-right on ignore. Hey, I'm anything but predictable.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 23, 2009 - 11:35AM #13
JohnQ

May 23, 2009 -- 11:20AM, aarroottoonn wrote:

May 23, 2009 -- 11:18AM, Ebon wrote:

I don't even need to be able to see aarr's post (I have him on ignore) to know what he said. It can hardly be a coincidence that GW-deniers are universally on the hard-right. What I have yet to understand is why they're opposed to the cleaner air and water that would be a side-effect of lowering our carbon emissions.

No one on earth is opposed to clean air and water. If you wish to live as if it were 1800 again, be my guest, just don't drag the rest of us down with you. Especially for something so obviously foolish as man made global warming.

You know, I am opposed to people being electrocuted.  But, we certainly do not have to live in a pre-electrical world in order to not have electrocutions.

We can live in world with clean air, clean water, as well as clean landscapes and roadways with out life being pre 1800's.   You do realize that in the 1800's and before that major cities had air so foul from coal and wood fires along with the stench of garbage that they were hell holes don't you.

To suggest that we must return to some earlier time in order to live responsibilbly and cleanly is just silly.

Peace!                 
------

Christian LIES wed Christian HATE......Begot a child....it’s named Prop 8! 

Supreme Court let it stand.....which means we can vote away the rights of others in our land.

Sad as that may be...it hurts all of us.....not just me.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 23, 2009 - 11:36AM #14
christzen

May 23, 2009 -- 11:34AM, Ebon wrote:

May 23, 2009 -- 11:27AM, christzen wrote:

LMAO!

This is a new one.Trying to respond to someone you don't read because you supposedly don't care to read what they say,and so instead you are left at trying to guess at what you think they are saying in order to respond to someone who's post are supposedly beneath you. 

I find it saves my blood pressure if I have the ultra-right on ignore. Hey, I'm anything but predictable.

So you don't find it the least bit contradictory to try and respond to people's posts when you have no idea what they have said?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 23, 2009 - 11:40AM #15
TENAC

THREE senior Japanese scientists separately engaged in climate-change research have strongly questioned the validity of the man-made global-warming model that underpins the drive by the UN and most developed-nation governments to curb greenhouse gas emissions.

"I believe the anthropogenic (man-made) effect for climate change is still only one of the hypotheses to explain the variability of climate," Kanya Kusano told The Weekend Australian.

It could take 10 to 20 years more research to prove or disprove the theory of anthropogenic climate change, said Dr Kusano, a research group leader with the Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science's Earth Simulator project.

"Before anyone noticed, this hypothesis has been substituted for truth," writes Shunichi Akasofu, founding director of the University of Alaska's International Arctic Research Centre.

www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25...

Of course the article in the OP quoted no dissenters to its findings.

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 23, 2009 - 11:42AM #16
Ebon

May 23, 2009 -- 11:36AM, christzen wrote:

So you don't find it the least bit contradictory to try and respond to people's posts when you have no idea what they have said?

I can usually predict what the ultra-right are going to say and I've heard it before.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 23, 2009 - 11:45AM #17
Ebon

May 23, 2009 -- 11:40AM, TENAC wrote:

THREE senior Japanese scientists separately engaged in climate-change research have strongly questioned the validity of the man-made global-warming model that underpins the drive by the UN and most developed-nation governments to curb greenhouse gas emissions.

"I believe the anthropogenic (man-made) effect for climate change is still only one of the hypotheses to explain the variability of climate," Kanya Kusano told The Weekend Australian.

It could take 10 to 20 years more research to prove or disprove the theory of anthropogenic climate change, said Dr Kusano, a research group leader with the Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science's Earth Simulator project.

"Before anyone noticed, this hypothesis has been substituted for truth," writes Shunichi Akasofu, founding director of the University of Alaska's International Arctic Research Centre.

The problem is that the bolded statement mentions 10-20 to prove or disprove the hypothesis. If the hypothesis is correct (as the vast majority of climate scientists believe it is), then we don't have that kind of time left. Also, reducing emissions has the inevitible knock-on effect of improving the air we breathe and water we drink.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 23, 2009 - 11:47AM #18
TENAC

May 23, 2009 -- 11:45AM, Ebon wrote:

May 23, 2009 -- 11:40AM, TENAC wrote:

The problem is that the bolded statement mentions 10-20 to prove or disprove the hypothesis. If the hypothesis is correct (as the vast majority of climate scientists believe it is), then we don't have that kind of time left. Also, reducing emissions has the inevitible knock-on effect of improving the air we breathe and water we drink.

Your vast majority is overstated.

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 23, 2009 - 11:52AM #19
Ebon

May 23, 2009 -- 11:47AM, TENAC wrote:

Your vast majority is overstated.

Please don't tell me you're going to mention those X number of people who say they're scientists who that website claims deny global warming...

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 23, 2009 - 11:55AM #20
christzen

May 23, 2009 -- 11:42AM, Ebon wrote:

May 23, 2009 -- 11:36AM, christzen wrote:

I can usually predict what the ultra-right are going to say and I've heard it before.

This is what makes BN relatively worthless in terms of any real exchange of ideas.Almost no one here pays any attention and gives any real thought to the points made by the other side.They are just automatically wrong because they ARE from the other side,and the only reason in halfway reading what they say is to get some angle with which to attack them and insult their intelligence.And now we have those who have decided that they don't even have to read what the other side says,they feel confident that they already know everything about the other sides view and can just dismiss them and insert their own preconceived view of what they think the other side will say and then attack from there.

This is why I don't waste my time around here anymore except for laughs.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook