Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View What to call the Flu?
6 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2009 - 9:31PM #1
nnsecu

www.dailypress.com/news/local/dp-local_w...

Deputy Health Minister Yakov Litzman an Israeli health official thinks this new outbreak of flu should be called "Mexican" flu.  His reasoning is first that is where the outbreak seems to have blossomed, and two "swine" has sensitivity  in  Jewish and  Muslim faiths.

It is kind of PC gone mad. With all that is being made over this flu people still find time to gripe over the name.

So what should we call this flu?

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2009 - 10:05PM #2
Fodaoson

How about influenza 2009 for westerners,  Influenza 5769 for Jews, and in Fluenza 1430 for Islam.

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2009 - 9:38AM #3
Kairos

another crisis opportunity for Rahm Emanuel?

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2009 - 9:41AM #4
Jasr

Apr 28, 2009 -- 10:05PM, Fodaoson wrote:

How about influenza 2009 for westerners,  Influenza 5769 for Jews, and in Fluenza 1430 for Islam.

In Israel that will make things even more confusing, since all three faiths are represented in significant numbers there.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2009 - 9:44AM #5
Christianlib

Call it "Cheney Flu."  That MEANS Swine Flu, without having to use the "pork word."

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2009 - 9:49AM #6
millefeori

Hi !!!

Why  put   thought & energy  on this Flu Virus,  !!!!  whether it's real or not, I'm not going  to let some health official Run or Rule my life!!!! 

WHY  give  This Flu a name  !!!!  -- let's focus on our wellness & health,  While we're still  alive & healthy,  Let us continue to  spread love & light - longevity  to life 

We have two choices to live life as we choose to live it.. or allow the Government to  choose how we must live... What will you Choose?

I offer peace & light ..... thoughts of good & positive energy for all...xoxoxoxox

So  let's start to re-direct this sudden Fear .. let's get rid  of it... cut cords that keep us enslaved to fear & worry... 

Good Grief- this Flu Crap  has us  all in a  tight Noose &  we'll soon become to frightened to travel or go places....  how ever  this flu  was created  this too  will  vanish.....

peace love & health

mille

If You Really Want Enlightenment, then Just Lighten Up..!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All That Is -Would Not Be All That Is..!!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2009 - 9:56AM #7
Christianlib

Using "flu" and "crap" in the same sentence is really a funny pun.

Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2009 - 10:07AM #8
Christianlib

Apr 29, 2009 -- 10:00AM, Kairos wrote:

I'm sure the liberals would just love it if the flu was politically inspired and killed all us conservatives off!

Naw, I don't wish death on anyone.  But it would be ok if it made them feel really awful for a couple of days.  (evil grin)

BTW, "the liberals" are not nearly as monolithic in their thinking as the conservatives.  But, I'll bet most of the libs get my joke, and most of the cons don't.  I'm waiting for a virus that can install a sense of humor in a Rightist.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2009 - 10:16AM #9
Ebon

Since it has both swine and avian elements, how about we call it Flying Pig Flu?

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2009 - 10:19AM #10
Christianlib

Apr 29, 2009 -- 10:16AM, Ebon wrote:

Since it has both swine and avian elements, how about we call it Flying Pig Flu?

There used to be a very strange art collector named Stanley Marsh 3 in Amarillo, TX, who had a full-sized pink pig with huge wings tattooed on its sides.  The pig freely wandered around the ranch.  It was named, "Pigasus."

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook