Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 53 of 53  •  Prev 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53
Switch to Forum Live View Got Questions About Site? - We Might Have Answers!
3 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2015 - 12:40AM #521
3neez

Jun 15, 2015 -- 12:38PM, Stardove wrote:

Sorry guys, but I'm not having the same issues, so I have no answers.  I am currently using a different browser named Pale Moon.  What I do know if different browsers act differently at the site.

There's nothing wrong with my Safari Browser.

It only happens here so it sounds like a site problem.

All Lives Matter

Keep Voting Democrat
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 29, 2015 - 4:58PM #522
Stardove
I still don't have any answers. Nor am I having any issues when I'm on a computer. Using a cell phone is a different matter. I can't even edit my posts.
Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove

People change for two main reasons: either their minds have been opened or their hearts have been broken.
---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 02, 2015 - 3:59PM #523
3neez

The Quote Function is screwing up mightily today. I see it on Various Members posts.

My Blue text works and never fails, except to draw attention.

All Lives Matter

Keep Voting Democrat
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 03, 2015 - 10:47AM #524
3neez

The Quote Function is messing up again today.

Just letting someone know.....

All Lives Matter

Keep Voting Democrat
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 04, 2015 - 11:14PM #525
Stardove

It's really not that hard to correct the quote function.  I do not believe anyone is too old not to learn.  One more time folks.

Jun 26, 2015 -- 1:05PM, Stardove wrote:

Does anyone ever wonder how the quote function is corrected when another member's post is including in what you post?  I seem to correct a lot of posts due to the system only allowing so many quotes in a post.

If you see your post has another member's quote inside your own it is easy to correct.

Click on edit which will bring up the post again.  Look at the list of quoted names' coding.  Go to the last quoted name's coding and highlight the coded name, what was written and the end of quote coding then deleted all of it. 

Sometimes more than one quoted post will have to be removed.  If you will deleted the oldest quote's (sometimes more) coding then your post will no longer have another member's post looking like part of your own post. 

Please give this a try! 

I am bringing this forward one more time.

When using the quote function please do not change a member's quote.  Don't change the color, don't bold, don't underscore, etc. 

It is easy to break up a quote and post in between the different points.  Members do this all the time.  It only takes a few more seconds of time and better to understand who posted what.

Here is how to break up a quote:

[quote]after the coding the quote goes here then use coding to end the quote[/quote]

Really if you quote only the last person's post need to be quoted.  We don't need 5, 6 or however many quotes.  They have all been read already.  Quote the one you are replying to.

People change for two main reasons: either their minds have been opened or their hearts have been broken.
---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 08, 2015 - 3:10PM #526
Stardove

It is a known fact that if too many quotes are in a post then some of the quotes will show up in the newest post.  What I do when I notice this known glitch in the system is remove the oldest quotes until the member's post is the only thing in the current posting area.  I start in the middle and remove the html coding along with the post/s.  I'll preview the post until there are no longer any quotes within the member's post.

---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 09, 2015 - 2:41AM #527
3neez

The glitches I posted weren't multi quotes. 

They were first time responses.

Just forget about it until someone asks again....

All Lives Matter

Keep Voting Democrat
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 25, 2015 - 4:34PM #528
MMarcoe

My profile includes the following tidbit:

What are these for? Can I turn them in for a prize?

1. Extremists think that thinking means agreeing with them.
2. There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.
3. God is the original nothingness of the universe.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 25, 2015 - 8:25PM #529
Stardove

Sep 25, 2015 -- 4:34PM, MMarcoe wrote:

My profile includes the following tidbit:

What are these for? Can I turn them in for a prize?

It took me a while to find the following, but I knew if I looked long enough I would find it.  Sorry no prize that I could locate.  Star

Monday, July 6, 2009, 5:34 PM [General]

Dear Beliefnet members,

You probably noticed something new on your Beliefnet profile. Activity points are here!

Earn Activity Points for doing the things you do every day in Beliefnet Community. Post in your Journal, post on the Forums, join Groups, upload Photos, and more.

As you earn Activity Points, you will notice that you rise in rank. If you want to rise higher, it's easy to earn more points; just keep posting!

The more you post, not only will you have more fun in the community, but you might even find yourself on the Leaderboard, or the Wall of Fame. And watch for special contests where you can earn bonus Activity Points.

Here is the list, showing how many points you can earn:

Points...Activity
  10......Rate Content
  10......Vote on a Poll
  10......Post Comment on a Profile
  10......Post on a Forum
  10......Update your Status
  25......Update Your Profile
  25......Join a Group
  25......Upload a Video
  25......Send Content to a Friend
  50......Start a Forum Thread
100......Upload a Photo
100......Send a Network Invite
100......Add a Journal Post
250......Refer a New Member

(if one of your posts is removed for violating the Rules of Conduct, that is -500 points... so let's not let that happen, okay? ;-)

Here's how many points you need to earn each rank:

0 points: Level 1
100 points: Level 2
1,000 points: Level 3
5,000 points: Level 4
15,000 points: Level 5
50,000 points: Level 6
100,000 points: Level 7
250,000 points: Level 8
500,000 points: Level 9
1,000,000 points: Level 10

That's all there is to it. If you have any questions you can post them here. Now, have fun racking up the points!

community.beliefnet.com/beliefnet_commun...

---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 53 of 53  •  Prev 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook