Page 7 of 47  •  Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 47 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Got Questions About Site!? - We Might Have Answers!
5 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2009 - 2:31PM #61
Christianlib

Well, I WAS a multimillionaire for a couple of minutes there.  (grin)

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2009 - 2:42PM #62
Agnosticspirit

Apr 9, 2009 -- 2:08PM, Mlyons619 wrote:

You've just done all you can do.

That report goes to Beliefnetcheryl.  You can be assured that she will take care of it.

It should be noted that this sort of scamming was not common on the old platform -- or even on the OLD-old platform.  Why this platform is being used for this sort of thing when the other platforms weren't is beyond me.

Any other mods or administrators with insight, can you please enlighten us?

No enlightenment other than a general echo that these scams are much more prevelant on this new platform than they were on the old. Because these occur with greater frequency, Bnet staff seems to act on these scammers MUCH more quickly. CL, I'm echoing Mylons.... report it, the user who sent this to you will likely vanish pretty quickly, just as the last two did.

WG, welcome back!

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2009 - 2:56PM #63
whirlinggal

Apr 9, 2009 -- 2:29PM, Mlyons619 wrote:

These scams are pretty obvious.  And perhaps you should reread the ROCs.  They've ALWAYS had a warning against these sorts of messages.

If these Scams were so "obvious" to everyone con artists wouldn't ever make and money, would they?

These scamming emails are NEW and are the RESULT of  the changes in bnet's format.

Bnet has a legal duty to warn its consumers.

What would be so hard about putting a warning stickie on every forum?

They do it for all sorts of other much less important  things.

Why not do it for something this important?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2009 - 3:01PM #64
Agnosticspirit

WG, while the ROC clearly warns everyone to ignore requests to share personal information, it's pretty obvious not everyone reads the ROC.

Regardless, since we ARE seeing more scammers on this new platform than the old, I do think pinning an announcement on each forum warning members about these scammers is a great idea! I'll send your suggestion to staff and urge you to do so as well.

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2009 - 3:05PM #65
Christianlib

Meanwhile, PLEASE just go ahead and forward to me the millions of dollars that nice Nigerian Princess promised me.

Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2009 - 3:06PM #66
whirlinggal

WG, welcome back!

Thanks AS--now I wish someone could explain the tech glitch that kept me from being  able to login for that period of time I was gone.

But nobody seems to know that either.

It's interesting that such high tech people can't seem to understand the system that they themselves created.

It's starting to remind me of Medieval Alchemy. They know they did it--they just don't know how.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2009 - 3:08PM #67
whirlinggal

Btw--this is far from the only board that has so many complaints about the "new improved" bnet.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2009 - 3:09PM #68
Christianlib

Trying to turn base metals into gold may be an apt description of many internet businesses.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2009 - 3:13PM #69
Agnosticspirit

WG.... that this isn't the only board on Bnet with "complaint" threads.... I know..... but since we like to share our trials with our friends and foes we see on a regular basis, it makes sense to have our own gripe thread here on USNP - :) It also helps to see we're not alone in our experience with some of the glitches.

As far as you not being able to log onto your other profile... you still haven't heard back about that?  I do know some members lost access to their profiles, you're not alone in that --- the one other member I know of that lost access to his profile has since regained it only within the last week or so. Sigh....  still a lot of work to do, because the one thing that can NEVER be replaced here on Bnet are the PEOPLE that make this such a lovely place to be.

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2009 - 3:34PM #70
whirlinggal

There seems to be an attitude here that we are the only people complaining about the multiple glitches of the "new improved bnet"--my comment about other fora was to point out that we are far from the only ones experiencing and pointing out thse multiple problems.

The same atittude is seen in individual PM replies to questions/complaints about the problems of the new improved bnet--that the complainer is the only person who is having the problem and is the only one who would be "rude" enough to complain aboiut it.

Sometimes it seems that customer service has become the first victim of the "new improved bnet."

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 7 of 47  •  Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 47 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook