Page 3 of 47  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 47 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Got Questions About Site!? - We Might Have Answers!
6 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2009 - 12:17AM #21
whirlinggal

"

I'm not sure what you are talking about then.

Numerous DGs did not get transferred during the bnet "big switch."

How hard is that to understand?

"Did you e-mail this inquiry to community@beliefnetstaff.com?  They might be able to tell you what happened."

Gee, why didn't I think of that?

So far the only "replies" have been form letters.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2009 - 11:29AM #22
Mlyons619
Now that's just plain rude, WG!

I am a VOLUNTEER HOST and not an employee of Beliefnet.  I am certainly no technician. 

I hope you are not this way to people who try to help you in REAL LIFE.
"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2009 - 11:58AM #23
whirlinggal

My post was about how bnet is treating ayone who is not happy or satisied with the "new changes" brought about by their Rapture.

So far there has been no attempt to help anyone in any way. All we get are form letters saying how "great the changes are."

And in the meantime long term serious discussion groups have lost all their hard work and strong connections.

And no one at bnet seems to care.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2009 - 6:32PM #24
Mlyons619
I can understand the exasperation, but is that a reason to be rude?

I happen to be be in the same boat you and every other BNET member is in right now.

I don't know for a fact that BNET staff "doesn't care" -- my impressions are that they are scrambling with this new platform as well.

All we can do is bear with it -- or go somewhere else.  BTW I'm not really interested in going elsewhere, so I guess I'll just have to bear with it...
            --Thomas Jefferson

-- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 24, 2009 - 3:56AM #25
whirlinggal

The post was about bnet--stop taking it personally.

Bnet is showing it does not care about the longtime work and emotional connections of hundreds of its members--talk about "rude."

No wonder their membership has gone down from several million to the current 140,000.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 24, 2009 - 5:21AM #26
whirlinggal

"Bnet is showing it does not care about the longtime work and emotional connections of hundreds of its members--talk about "rude."

That should read THOUSANDS of members.

Because it seems the most popular DGs are the ones that have been "disappeared."

And nobody seems to be in any hurry to find them or even tell the many many thousands of members what's going on.

Talk about "rude."

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 24, 2009 - 8:51AM #27
Agnosticspirit

Mar 23, 2009 -- 12:17AM, whirlinggal wrote:

I'm not sure what you are talking about then.

Numerous DGs did not get transferred during the bnet "big switch."

How hard is that to understand?

"Did you e-mail this inquiry to community@beliefnetstaff.com?  They might be able to tell you what happened."

Gee, why didn't I think of that?

So far the only "replies" have been form letters.

Mar 24, 2009 -- 3:56AM, whirlinggal wrote:

The post was about bnet--stop taking it personally.

WG, your sarcastic replies above in bold..... in response to Mylons.... Look pretty damn rude from where I'm sitting.

Mar 24, 2009 -- 3:56AM, whirlinggal wrote:

Bnet is showing it does not care about the longtime work and emotional connections of hundreds of its members--talk about "rude."

No wonder their membership has gone down from several million to the current 140,000.

WG, a lot of threads in a lot of groups and forums were missing, and yes... even a few groups went missing. A few member profiles (one who's a host) disappeared as well. Ever since the switch, techie types and staff have been burning the midnight oil to fix things as quickly as they can.

Hosts don't have a magic pipeline to the techies either. I've sent countless glitch reports to the community mailbox and only received a couple responses in return. We're all affected, staff is affected ----- a little disingenous to claim that NO ONE CARES, don't you think?

It may be a little more accurate to suggest that Bnet didn't test this new platform very well beforehand and the data migration has been less than stellar.  I too wish for some of the functionality back that we lost. A lot of things we took for granted are no more, making everything difficult. But one thing that can NEVER be replaced... are the lovely people, even the partisan frothing at the mouth types I sometimes rail about in the saloon..... :) The people that make this home....

Sigh...... We're all survivors of a shipwreck, picking up the pieces of flotsam and jetsom, getting on with it.

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 24, 2009 - 1:12PM #28
whirlinggal

As far as I'm concerned it is very "rude" of bnet to have blithely lost/dropped the work and strong connections of thousands of members of long-term DGs and then to respond to questions about the DGs ONLY with form letters saying "how great" the changes are.

It's kind of like being at the funeral of a friend and having somone say--"Oh but look how pretty the casket is!"

No wonder their membership went from 2 million to 140,000.

The truth is that many many long-time active forums are now dead.

They seem not to have learned--after all this time!--how to treat their long time members.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 24, 2009 - 8:10PM #29
Mlyons619

…As far as I'm concerned it is very "rude" of bnet to have blithely lost/dropped the work and strong connections of thousands of members of long-term DGs and then to respond to questions about the DGs ONLY with form letters saying "how great" the changes are...

Does being rude to Community Hosts make the situation better?

As regards to the "canned replies, what did you expect BNET Staff to say abou the new platform?  Something like, "Oooh, we got this new platform coming, and {sob} it's HORRIBLE!  Get out while you can!"

Agnosticspirit has explained that staff techies are putting in heavy overtime trying to fix things.  Their biggest concern is trying to retrieve member profiles.  I wished I could tell you what priority fixing DGs is.  I DO recall that when the transition was made to the last profile, items such as Memorials were lost off the Prayer Circles and never retrieved

…No wonder their membership went from 2 million to 140,000...

And, yes, I'm quite sure many members have gone onto other sites.  That's their choice.  Others are bearing with the change as best they can.

…The truth is that many many long-time active forums are now dead...

Such as the Military Family Support Group -- or so I thought.  Three days ago, some folks started posting there, which I hope will beget more postings.  Slowly, ever so slowly, some of these forums are coming back to life.

…They {meaning the BNET powers-that-be(?)} seem not to have learned--after all this time!--how to treat their long time members...

Then your grievance is with them and not with Community Hosts, who are in the same boat as you.

--Thomas Jefferson

-- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 24, 2009 - 8:51PM #30
whirlinggal

Mlyons says-- "As regards to the "canned replies, what did you expect BNET Staff to say abou the new platform?  Something like, "Oooh, we got this new platform coming, and {sob} it's HORRIBLE!  Get out while you can!"

The inquires are NOT about "the new platform" but about the disappearance of specific Dialogue Groups.

When one asks--

"What can you tell us about the inaccessibility of our Dialogue Groups?"

one expects  the answer to be--

"We're looking into it and we hope to have some solid info and the data transferred very soon.

To simply send a canned PR email  "isn't this new thing great" indicates a lack of caring about the members whose hard work and strong connections have apparently been so blithely broken.

As a longtime member I don't expect is the cavalier attitude and the dismissiveness with which the very real concerns are met.

And isn't this thread supposed to be for helping  people who are having problems with the new "improved" bnet?

I mean instead of blaming people for the problems they're having with the "new improved" bnet?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 47  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 47 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook