Page 1 of 50  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 50 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Got Questions About Site!? - We Might Have Answers!
6 years ago  ::  Mar 03, 2009 - 3:42PM #1
TENAC

Thanks Ag.

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 03, 2009 - 4:16PM #2
Stardove

My last five journals have tips about the changes at Beliefnet.

Stardove's Journals

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The sun rises every morning and sheds light, vanquishing the night's darkness. The rooster also rises every morning only, unlike the sun, he simply makes noise. But the darkness of the night is dispelled by sunshine, not by the rooster's crowing.The world can use more light and less noise. Where I can, I want to be light.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 03, 2009 - 9:04PM #3
drawout

A quick answer to a frequently asked question, to get the oldest post first just go to the top where it says newest post first and click it.

'When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.' - Mark Twain
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2009 - 12:05PM #4
Agnosticspirit

stardove, thanks for the links to your journals! You are the ultimate knowledgebase chick when it comes to the How To's!

Very cool, our colors are back! To use a pretty color in your text, just highlight the text you want to change and click on the A with the little down pointing arrow to change the color. 

To change font size of text, press Paragraph and select different headings. This is an example of Heading 2

To return to standard font size, click on the combo box and select Paragraph again.

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2009 - 5:48PM #5
TENAC

Stardove!

When I begin a new thread, why dont I get the little box over the text box like here where I have choices of bold, italic, underline, font, etc.....?  Do I have to open it, save it, then edit it to get these features or is it just me?

Also, am I back to doing

Stardove!

When I begin a new thread, why dont I get the little box over the text box like here where I have choices of bold, italic, underline, font, etc.....?  Do I have to open it, save it, then edit it to get these features or is it just me?

Also, am I back to doing s] like that? 

Thank you dear!

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 06, 2009 - 4:33PM #6
Stardove

First thank you AS.  :o)

Mar 4, 2009 -- 5:48PM, TENAC wrote:

Stardove!

Also, am I back to doing

Stardove!

Also, am I back to doing  like that? 

Thank you dear!

Tenac, just now I started a thread at this forum, and none of the icons where at the posting area.  I went ahead and posted without a link.  I noted I had no icons and would add a link later.  I posted the thread then went to edit and the icons where there.  This is some kind of glitch with the system.  If you never get the icons please write staff and let them know about this issue.  You could also post then see if you get the icons in Edit.

community@beliefnetstaff.com

The sun rises every morning and sheds light, vanquishing the night's darkness. The rooster also rises every morning only, unlike the sun, he simply makes noise. But the darkness of the night is dispelled by sunshine, not by the rooster's crowing.The world can use more light and less noise. Where I can, I want to be light.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 06, 2009 - 5:27PM #7
Agnosticspirit

OK, I know we're not supposed to gripe about posts that have been deleted..... I understand this, but.... um...... the opening post in this thread.... which I happened to have written to kick off our new How To thread here in USNP..... has vanished! As you can see, the current post # 1 (viewing from oldest to newest).... where Tenac is thanking AG? I suppose that means my post, the opening post, was post # 0... and it was zeroed out....

WTF? is it possible other posts are dropping out of sight as well?

I know what ya'all are thinking.... don't report the problem here, send an email to community@beliefnetstaff.com to report this missing post..... I have dutifully submitted this like we're supposed to do, but wanted to comment on it to try and avoid confusion...

Then I'll weep over my keyboard for a moment before I try to restore the small bits of knowledge I've gleaned about getting around the new platform.... Now where's that little emoticon that shows I'm all weepy and stuff?

Honestly..... the opening post about how to block members, change fonts, add links, etc.... wasn't a really GREAT loss..... it's hardly akin the burning of Alexandria, AT ALL..... no gems of wisdom were vanished to the vapor, more like PLASTIC beads that got rolled over by a toy Tonka ---  but on this new platform, while I'm still wobbling on my sea legs trying to get used to dry land, I'll take whatever gems of wisdom OR plastic beads of knowledge I can get!! .... :)

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 06, 2009 - 7:13PM #8
Agnosticspirit

OK, here's the original tips I posted when I started this thread, although many of our lovely members have probably already figured these out.... :)

1. Ignore feature --- I made great use of that on the old platform and found a means to block another member on this new platform.  Click on the member profile then click on the option to block.... Once you follow through with this, as you come across posts by a member you've blocked, the contents of their posts can't be viewed.

2. Edit feature - very nice! If I see an "ooopsie" in a post I made a couple months ago, a couple days or hours ago, just click on the edit button and correct the spelling, refresh the link, or whatever.

3. Create a workable link within a post. copy and paste the URL into the body of your post. Click on the applet in the toolbar that looks like a chain link. You'll be directed to a new dialogue window - paste the URL into the URL field, then in Target you can either select to open in the same window or a different window.

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 07, 2009 - 7:29AM #9
Hatman
Ok, would someone explain to me, in plain english, how to:
italicize
underline
bold
change font color
change font size/type
insert a link like I used ta do, i.e. write a word or two, then bold it, then color it orange, then add the URL such that when it appears, a clickable bold orange word appears?

I saw others make a reference to a toolbar.
What toolbar?

On this reply page, I have three choices, it appears:  submit post, preview post, and cancel.
There are no other relevant buttons on this page---no chain link, no "A with a down-pointing arrow," no paragraph, nuthin.

Thanks in advance!

Hatman
"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 07, 2009 - 3:40PM #10
Stardove

Hatman, I'll repeat what I said above to Tenac.

I started a thread at this forum, and none of the icons where at the posting area.  I went ahead and posted without a link.  I noted I had no icons and would add a link later.  I posted the thread then went to edit and the icons where there. 

This is some kind of glitch with the system.  If you never get the icons please write staff and let them know about this issue.  You could also post then see if you get the icons in Edit.

Write:  community@beliefnetstaff.com

By the way I just made a report to staff, but I encourage everyone experiencing this glitch to report it.

Here is what the posting area should look like.

Posting Area

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 50  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 50 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook