Page 6 of 44  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 44 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Got Questions About Site!? - We Might Have Answers!
5 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2009 - 9:54AM #51
natureboy_the0

Even though I check the notify me box I am not being notified when replies are made, can youtellme why.  When this new system was first up it would get notified of my own posts but now I do not get any notifications.

Are you questioning your beliefs, ask I AM THAT I AM to clarify them!
Elijah Alfred "NatureBoy" Alexander, Jr. presenting SEEDS OF LIFE
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2009 - 10:23AM #52
Agnosticspirit

Apr 3, 2009 -- 9:54AM, natureboy_the0 wrote:

Even though I check the notify me box I am not being notified when replies are made, can youtellme why.  When this new system was first up it would get notified of my own posts but now I do not get any notifications.

Natureboy, have you checked your privacy settings? Thread subscription does work on this new platform.... as I quickly found out because I was getting too MANY emails....

To make sure you're notified when a reply is posted to a thread you're subscribing to....

Go to My Home -

Click Profile on the left

Underneath, look for Privacy Settings....Email Alert Options, make sure you've selected Yes to alert you

E-Mail Alert Options
You can set whether or not you would like to be alerted via email when comments are posted on your network or you receive a new message. Would you like to receive email alerts?

Let me know if this works for you, OK?

AS

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2009 - 3:08PM #53
Stardove

Mark about spamming, not the same chick, but I got another spammer today and reported.

Yesterday I got a notice from Beliefnet a member had sent me a message to a look at photo.  The member's private email was on the message I received at my personal email.  I have reported this to Beliefnet.  Martha checked on this and sent the following:

I  went and looked at the template for sharing content with  friends.

The part of the message where the email address appears is actually in the editable section of optional text to include with the message. When you click “share” a box pops up, allowing you to choose Beliefnet friends to send it to, and/or email addresses of other friends. Below that is space for an optional message you can include, to personalize it. There is some suggested text filled in there, which does include your email address, but you can easily edit the text to erase that and make it say anything you want.

I will see whether we can change the default text, but in the meantime, I just wanted you to know that the email address is only shared if the user chooses to send it that way.

I  can write directly to MEMBER NAME REMOVED directly and explain it, if you  think that would be helpful. Let me know.

Martha

So please pay attention when you are mailing anything to make sure your personal address is not being given out.  The member is perfectly safe with me, but we can't be too careful IMO.  I have not seen the pop-up Martha speaks about, but will be on the lookout for it.

I can't change the spacing without the message messing up.  Also I don't know why some letters are lighter than other.  Weird!

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2009 - 12:52PM #54
Christianlib

Why, today, do I keep getting logged out after every reply I post, or when I change between forums?  It's frustrating as hell.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 08, 2009 - 2:28PM #55
Agnosticspirit

Apr 7, 2009 -- 12:52PM, Christianlib wrote:

Why, today, do I keep getting logged out after every reply I post, or when I change between forums?  It's frustrating as hell.

Hey CL, has this been resolved? This new platform was supposed to FIX the problem with continual logouts we experienced in the previous version.

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 08, 2009 - 2:38PM #56
Christianlib

It continued yesterday, but seems to have gone away today.

Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2009 - 10:38AM #57
Christianlib

Got a Nigerian Scam email in my private b'net inbox this morning.  Reported it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2009 - 2:08PM #58
Mlyons619

You've just done all you can do.

That report goes to Beliefnetcheryl.  You can be assured that she will take care of it.

It should be noted that this sort of scamming was not common on the old platform -- or even on the OLD-old platform.  Why this platform is being used for this sort of thing when the other platforms weren't is beyond me.

Any other mods or administrators with insight, can you please enlighten us?

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2009 - 2:18PM #59
whirlinggal

I received another one also--but my post about it on this thread seems to have disappeared.

When is bnet going to post stickies on all forums warning people about these money scams we are all getting?

Somebody is going to be naive enough to fall for one of these and there will be much pain and suffering as a result.

Bnet needs to act at least to warn everyone.

It's a problem being caused by the new platform.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2009 - 2:29PM #60
Mlyons619

These scams are pretty obvious.  And perhaps you should reread the ROCs.  They've ALWAYS had a warning against these sorts of messages.

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 44  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 44 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook