Page 27 of 36  •  Prev 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 36 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Got Questions About Site!? - We Might Have Answers!
3 years ago  ::  Feb 24, 2011 - 12:10AM #261
Mlyons619

!!!!!

Now the smileys and the picture link menus don't work.

I just LOVE this "New Platform" which BTW is no longer so new and yet is STILL hosing up...

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2011 - 5:55PM #262
arielg

I haven't been able to  connect to hotmail for a week.    Is anybody else having that problem?

Spell check still not working.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 05, 2011 - 6:25PM #263
Mlyons619

And once again, this stupid "New" Platform is making new posts "disappear."

--Thomas Jefferson

-- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2011 - 2:55PM #264
Mlyons619

What's going on with the formatting here?  Do we need a new platform to replace this so called "new platform?"

--Thomas Jefferson

-- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2011 - 10:38PM #265
Mlyons619

Is anyone even paying any attention to this thread anymore?  I was told this was the thread to go to if there were any issues with the platform.  We're told NOT to post a thread on glitches, but it seems the ONLY way someone can getting any damned answers is to breaks the rules and start a new "glitch" thread. 

Tell me, what's wrong with this picture?

--Thomas Jefferson

-- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2011 - 1:04AM #266
rangerken

We saw it, saw it here, heard about through e-mails, and have been all over it trying to get it fixed.

Rangerken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2012 - 12:50PM #267
Bodean

How do you turn off the "e-mail" notification that someone has reponded to your post???

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Nov 27, 2012 - 1:43PM #268
3neez

I'm aware that a link to an OPrs Topic is not required by the Local Board Rules.

Now, asking for a link a second time is considered an offense because it's "disruptive".

What venue do Board Members here have to obtain a link to "The article" from which copy-and-paste OP Topics are made?

How does one get on the same page/topic when no requests for links are responded to?

How does one separate a typical trolling discussion from an authentic discussion when no links are supplied?

Surely there is a solution to this problem instead of deducing that trolling is acceptable and requests for links are disruptive.

Thank you in advance.

"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid." - Ricky Gervais

“In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” - Mark Twain
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Nov 28, 2012 - 12:48PM #269
Mlyons619

Nov 27, 2012 -- 1:43PM, 3neez wrote:

I'm aware that a link to an OPrs Topic is not required by the Local Board Rules... Now, asking for a link a second time is considered an offense because it's "disruptive".

And, frankly, always has been.  If a poster doesn't respond the first time, figure that poster isn't going to respond at all. 

What venue do Board Members here have to obtain a link to "The article" from which copy-and-paste OP Topics are made?

If an OP is making claim to certain "facts" but not providing a link, you have the option of responding with a counterpoint WITH link to support your argument.

How does one get on the same page/topic when no requests for links are responded to?

You don't. 

How does one separate a typical trolling discussion from an authentic discussion when no links are supplied?

If no links are provided, either provide your own link and challenge the OP,  or assume it's trolling and move on.

Surely there is a solution to this problem instead of deducing that trolling is acceptable and requests for links are disruptive.

The solution is not to feed the trolls.  If requests for link is ignored, provide your own link or go elsewhere.  If your request receives an insulting response, then notify BNET mods via the REPORT A POST button 

--Thomas Jefferson

-- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Feb 24, 2013 - 12:21AM #270
Stardove
Google and others search engines can be our friend. There were plenty of search engines before Google and there still are. As a host at Beliefnet I do my own fact checking a lot. The HTZ is the one forum were opening posts must be given and about  current news.
Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

Anger cannot occur unless you believe that you have been attacked, that your attack is justified in return, and that you are in no way responsible for it. ACIM

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 27 of 36  •  Prev 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 36 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook