Post Reply
Page 27 of 51  •  Prev 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 51 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Got Questions About Site!? - We Might Have Answers!
4 years ago  ::  Feb 24, 2011 - 12:10AM #261
Mlyons619
Posts: 16,572

!!!!!


Now the smileys and the picture link menus don't work.


I just LOVE this "New Platform" which BTW is no longer so new and yet is STILL hosing up...

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2011 - 5:55PM #262
arielg
Posts: 9,116

I haven't been able to  connect to hotmail for a week.    Is anybody else having that problem?


Spell check still not working.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 05, 2011 - 6:25PM #263
Mlyons619
Posts: 16,572

And once again, this stupid "New" Platform is making new posts "disappear."

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2011 - 2:55PM #264
Mlyons619
Posts: 16,572

What's going on with the formatting here?  Do we need a new platform to replace this so called "new platform?"

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2011 - 10:38PM #265
Mlyons619
Posts: 16,572

Is anyone even paying any attention to this thread anymore?  I was told this was the thread to go to if there were any issues with the platform.  We're told NOT to post a thread on glitches, but it seems the ONLY way someone can getting any damned answers is to breaks the rules and start a new "glitch" thread. 


Tell me, what's wrong with this picture?

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2011 - 1:04AM #266
rangerken
Posts: 16,408

We saw it, saw it here, heard about through e-mails, and have been all over it trying to get it fixed.


Rangerken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2012 - 12:50PM #267
Bodean
Posts: 9,821

How do you turn off the "e-mail" notification that someone has reponded to your post???

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 27, 2012 - 1:43PM #268
3neez
Posts: 10,194

 


I'm aware that a link to an OPrs Topic is not required by the Local Board Rules.


Now, asking for a link a second time is considered an offense because it's "disruptive".


What venue do Board Members here have to obtain a link to "The article" from which copy-and-paste OP Topics are made?


How does one get on the same page/topic when no requests for links are responded to?


How does one separate a typical trolling discussion from an authentic discussion when no links are supplied?


Surely there is a solution to this problem instead of deducing that trolling is acceptable and requests for links are disruptive.


Thank you in advance.

Thank you to all the police officers, sheriff’s deputies, corrections officers, detectives, parole officers, probation officers, SWAT team members, traffic cops, police supervisors, law enforcement managers, and police chiefs from around the world.  Thank you for all that you do to protect and serve our communities and make the world a better place. All lives count.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 28, 2012 - 12:48PM #269
Mlyons619
Posts: 16,572

Nov 27, 2012 -- 1:43PM, 3neez wrote:


I'm aware that a link to an OPrs Topic is not required by the Local Board Rules... Now, asking for a link a second time is considered an offense because it's "disruptive".



And, frankly, always has been.  If a poster doesn't respond the first time, figure that poster isn't going to respond at all. 


Nov 27, 2012 -- 1:43PM, 3neez wrote:


What venue do Board Members here have to obtain a link to "The article" from which copy-and-paste OP Topics are made?



If an OP is making claim to certain "facts" but not providing a link, you have the option of responding with a counterpoint WITH link to support your argument.


Nov 27, 2012 -- 1:43PM, 3neez wrote:


How does one get on the same page/topic when no requests for links are responded to?




You don't. 


Nov 27, 2012 -- 1:43PM, 3neez wrote:


How does one separate a typical trolling discussion from an authentic discussion when no links are supplied?



If no links are provided, either provide your own link and challenge the OP,  or assume it's trolling and move on.


Nov 27, 2012 -- 1:43PM, 3neez wrote:


Surely there is a solution to this problem instead of deducing that trolling is acceptable and requests for links are disruptive.




The solution is not to feed the trolls.  If requests for link is ignored, provide your own link or go elsewhere.  If your request receives an insulting response, then notify BNET mods via the REPORT A POST button 

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 24, 2013 - 12:21AM #270
Stardove
Posts: 15,944
Google and others search engines can be our friend. There were plenty of search engines before Google and there still are. As a host at Beliefnet I do my own fact checking a lot. The HTZ is the one forum were opening posts must be given and about  current news.
Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The sun rises every morning and sheds light, vanquishing the night's darkness. The rooster also rises every morning only, unlike the sun, he simply makes noise. But the darkness of the night is dispelled by sunshine, not by the rooster's crowing.The world can use more light and less noise. Where I can, I want to be light.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 27 of 51  •  Prev 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 51 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook