Page 4 of 9  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Is Peace Out Of Reach?
5 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2009 - 11:24PM #31
habesor

Steven,

We do not differ very much on our assessments of the current situation. Also my point about the muslims of India is that theology does change to accommodate reality. There are many differences in the objective situations of Hindu-Muslim relations and Jewish-Muslim relations but I think it is significant that the Muslim religious thinkers in India adapted what is a proof of the faith so that they could continue to believe in Islam even though the proof was lacking. It happens that Christianity and Judaism both went through the same process but very long ago.

As for peace and wars to the death; First, the current Israeli task is to live long and prosper in the absence of peace. Second, Israel must remain aware of what changes are happening on the other side so that real opportunities for peace are not missed. Third, Israel must learn from past experience. For instance, Natanyahu's demand that the Palestinians recognize the right of the Jews to have a state of our own here, is in my opinion one of the lessons of the Oslo Peace Process.

None of the above is a method for achieving peace but it presumes that in principle peace is not out of reach to the extent that this conflict must be fought to the death; though there are several outside parties (not you) who are pleased to use Jewish and Arab blood to grind their own axes and once in a while some of them post on these forums.

Habesor

Habesor
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2009 - 11:29PM #32
stevenlmeyer

Habesor,

I hope you and I live long enough for me to be proved wrong. And you can interpret that any way you wish.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 29, 2009 - 7:55AM #33
shmuelgoldstein

Feb 8, 2009 -- 1:43AM, Vanillaangel wrote:

I've always wanted to travel to the Holy Land. To feel what the energy of a culture thousands of years older than my own, in the States, has to offer. And yet, the violence and bloodshed make it a frightening thought of a perilous journey....

Israel is safer than many, if not most, locations in the US.

- This from a US expatriate, who lives in Israel and visits the US frequently.

You think it is not because of certain news stories. But remember, the news reports on the spicy stuff, not the boring stuff. It's not reality.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 29, 2009 - 10:21AM #34
KindredSai

Israel is safer than many, if not most, locations in the US.

For who? Israeli Jews and Israeli-Arab citizens?

But what about Palestinians living under Israeli occupation of West Bank and Gaza?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 17, 2009 - 2:05AM #35
Messiahobama

The Messiah Barack Obama will pressure all sides into a peace agreement.   Already, Israel agreed to stop some settlements, and the Muslims all like him.

The only thing stopping a peace is that the Messiah Obama is preoccupied with domestic matters in the US.  When he wraps that up, then he'll turn to the Mideast.  On an Easter Sunday, he will ride into Jerusalem on a donkey, and people will throw palms at his feet.

If the Republicans would just stop spreading lies and taking up Obama's time, then he'd have time to negotiate peace in the world.

Obama is the Messiah, come to bring peace to the world, to heal the sick.  If he doesn't succeed, it's only because of the devious Republicans, a vast rightwing conspiracy, and in particular Sarah Palin's fault.  She's to blame for everything.  If the economy doesn't improve, it's Sarah's fault.   She wields much too much power.   Obama could be rendered impotent with such a devious woman.   Obama is the Messiah, and Sarah is the Great Satan.

Her supporters quote Thomas Jefferson that "it's time to water the tree of liberty."  How unamerican, the words of nazis and violent subversives.  We need to crack down on these treasonous people spreading evil propaganda.  Tree of liberty indeed.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 17, 2009 - 2:09AM #36
Messiahobama

May Messiah Barack Obama (pbuh) bring peace to the world.   It's so blasphemous that people oppose him.   Rachel Maddow knows Obama's opponents are unamerican, hateful nazis.  Speaker Nancy Pelosi knows our country is in peril if anyone dissents too strongly.  But treason aside,  it's blasphemous to say anything critical of Messiah Obama.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 17, 2009 - 2:29AM #37
Stardove

Aug 17, 2009 -- 2:09AM, Messiahobama wrote:

May Messiah Barack Obama (pbuh) bring peace to the world.   It's so blasphemous that people oppose him.   Rachel Maddow knows Obama's opponents are unamerican, hateful nazis.  Speaker Nancy Pelosi knows our country is in peril if anyone dissents too strongly.  But treason aside,  it's blasphemous to say anything critical of Messiah Obama.

So are you yanking our chains? 

Or do you as a Muslim believe that God has appointed certain members of humankind to be the leaders of those who believe in God and practice God's religion. When God's prophet has taught the people the religion, he will then appoint a leader, in accordance with God's orders, to guide believers towards perfection. The Imamat, or belief in the divine guide is a fundamental belief in Shi'i Islam and is based on the concept that God would not leave humanity without access to divine guidance.

You do understand that President Obama has declared himself to be a Christian, don't you?

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2009 - 4:49PM #38
theinterpreter

First the Battle of Ar Mageddon must be fought against demon-possessed kings of the east and then there will be 1000 years fo peace. I believe the Battle of Ar Mageddon began on 9/11 when the Euphrates was dry.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2009 - 11:14PM #39
Roodog

Aug 23, 2009 -- 4:49PM, theinterpreter wrote:

First the Battle of Ar Mageddon must be fought against demon-possessed kings of the east and then there will be 1000 years fo peace. I believe the Battle of Ar Mageddon began on 9/11 when the Euphrates was dry.

That may happen, Intepreter, but I hope not in my lifetime.

Besides, it's been more than seven years since 9-11

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 24, 2009 - 2:02AM #40
Stardove

I am so grateful I found the lid on the religious box I was raised in and had the good sense to get out of that box.

Some of Mankind may be pushing for "the end", but I don't believe that is Creator's plan.

I surely hope Creator win this battle.  Innocent

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 9  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook