Page 9 of 9  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
Switch to Forum Live View Is Peace Out Of Reach?
2 years ago  ::  Jul 16, 2012 - 10:51PM #81
YHWH-Shammah

Feb 8, 2009 -- 1:43AM, Vanillaangel wrote:

60 Minutes
Has peace in the Middle East become nothing more than a pipe dream? As Bob Simon reports, a growing number of Israelis and Palestinians feel that a two-state solution is no longer possible.
January 26, 2009
Video Link

I think the answer is yes. When clearly it's not only the Palestinians that are working to effect terror and discord in the region. How is it that faith that any one god would approve the murder of women, children and men, on both sides, ever hope to effect peace in the end?! Is peace to be enjoyed when all of one's enemy are dead? Why can't people live and learn from one another? Glorify and enjoy the diversity that makes this world a living tapestry of unique differences that can serve to teach one another, as opposed to inspire one another to kill because there can be only one way to live a life?!

I've always wanted to travel to the Holy Land. To feel what the energy of a culture thousands of years older than my own, in the States, has to offer. And yet, the violence and bloodshed make it a frightening thought of a perilous journey.

It is said, blessed are the peace makers. And yet, can there ever be peace when it seems, for so many, war is ordained as sacred duty?

Matthew 10:34-36

Jesus brought the sword, not peace.  We are in judgement.  The Holy Spirit is wind and fire.  Like a potter God is trimming the rough edges from us.  We feel the heat when the Potter flakes away our fragments from us that are not His, not righteous.  We feel the wind when we are lifted up to reflect His glory!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2013 - 12:32AM #82
Harrygrant

Nothing's impossible if the people involved will talk and just make an agreement instead of war. They'd be better think of their citizen rather than anything else.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2013 - 1:16AM #83
rangerken

First, welcome to this forum and to  Beliefnet, Harrygrant.

Second, I agree with your post too :-)

Rangerken, forum co-host

PS. Bist du Deutsch???

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2013 - 2:12AM #84
shmuelgoldstein

Why can't people live and learn from one another?

I live in the Shomron. On a day-to-day basis, things are pretty quiet here.

I've always wanted to travel to the Holy Land ... the violence and bloodshed make it a frightening thought of a perilous journey.

It's actually pretty safe here.

Arguably more than many places in the U.S.

And it's certainly safer for a Jew to come here, than to, say, Paris.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2013 - 12:25PM #85
rocketjsquirell

It is safer for Jews in Israel than in Malmo, London, Marseille, and most other European cities. n general it is safer in Israel than the US for everyone. On the other hand it is fairly expensive to fly from the US to Israel and walking is not an option. 

I am still predicting a settlement agreement between Israel and the PA in the next few months. It will not result in peace. The PA "leadership" doesn't want peace.

Moderated by Beliefnet_community on Jan 22, 2013 - 01:20AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 9 of 9  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook