Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View Freedom, Religion, and The Law
6 years ago  ::  Feb 02, 2009 - 2:33PM #21
Summer813

free2beme09 wrote:

No Summer I do not "think" there is a law that prohibits bible study at lunch time.  I think lunch is longer then 20 minutes at most schools, and I remember plenty of club meetings at lunch when I was in high school. :rolleyes:

Lunchtime varies from school to school (and I never said it didn't). At my high school it was only twenty minutes. There wasn't time for a club to meet.

But getting to the point: how many examples can you give us of schools which allow all clubs except Bible study to meet during lunch, and what reasons do those schools give?

Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased. Thus do we refute entropy. - Mike Callahan, Callahan's Crosstime Saloon
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 02, 2009 - 3:02PM #22
Free2beme09

Summer813 wrote:

Lunchtime varies from school to school (and I never said it didn't). At my high school it was only twenty minutes. There wasn't time for a club to meet.

But getting to the point: how many examples can you give us of schools which allow all clubs except Bible study to meet during lunch, and what reasons do those schools give?

I never said any school openly prohibited any bible study clubs.  I was simply making a statement to MM about compromise.  I am not sure why my statement based on opinion requires any examples.  ;)

Religion is for those afraid of hell.  Spirituality is had by those who have been there!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 02, 2009 - 3:28PM #23
Summer813

free2beme09 wrote:

I never said any school openly prohibited any bible study clubs.  I was simply making a statement to MM about compromise.  I am not sure why my statement based on opinion requires any examples.  ;)

You seemed to be implying it in your response to me when I mentioned that students are permitted to hold Bible study clubs after school just as with any other club, and that was why I figured you were thinking of specific instances.

Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased. Thus do we refute entropy. - Mike Callahan, Callahan's Crosstime Saloon
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 02, 2009 - 3:45PM #24
Free2beme09

Summer813 wrote:

You seemed to be implying it in your response to me when I mentioned that students are permitted to hold Bible study clubs after school just as with any other club, and that was why I figured you were thinking of specific instances.

Oh I am sorry.  I sometimes do two things at once.  I apologize for the misunderstanding.  :p

Religion is for those afraid of hell.  Spirituality is had by those who have been there!
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook