Post Reply
Page 22 of 22  •  Prev 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22
6 years ago  ::  Feb 08, 2009 - 8:16PM #211
Whisperingal
Posts: 25,009
Rabello--

Hi.

You say--

"Apparently, Bush supporters have never been able to acknowledge the reasons why Bush was so harshly criticized for his inactions during the flooding of New Orleans, electing, instead, to assume that "the libs" blame Bush for the hurricane, itself, or the flooding of that city, itself & overlooking all else.

So...in an effort, apparently, to rehabilitate Bush's reputation,

Bush supporters seem to want to find any seemingly parallel event, no matter how far-fetched, outlandish or unrealistic, to pin the same criticism on a brand new president. That's whether it's Katrina, Gitmo, Bush's Wars, "spending" and so on."


I think you've hit on the truth of the situation--because otherwise many of the ANTI-Obama posts seem to make no earthly sense.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 02, 2009 - 2:28PM #212
DAH54
Posts: 3,318
Governor Steve Beshear said, “President Obama called me last night to express his concern about the plight facing our state and many of our people. I appreciate the president’s quick response to our request for a disaster declaration.  We will move quickly to bring power generators, communications equipment and debris removal equipment into the region to help restore power and protect our people in their time of need.”


Looks a lot like Obama is not waiting, but is calling.....

Just a thought, here



.

For Technical support visit


> Dah's User to User Self Support <

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 02, 2009 - 3:00PM #213
DAH54
Posts: 3,318
Did you read the article I linked to? Did you noticed the date on it? GW got bashed for what he did, and what he didn't do... If it was wrong for GW, it's wrong for Obama in my book. Now you can turn this into a game, and prove that it's ideologies that matter, or we can prove that it is people that matter.

I have faith in Obama if he is evil he will in four years have ample time to prove it, just like if he is good. So far the Governor is happy with the support he has gotten, and he has just asked for more. What's a matter do you have no faith? Do you think that given time Obama will not be able to prove his worth?

I hope, really hope that I am mistaken that Obama proves to be the best president we ever had, our country needs a good one, for a change.


.

For Technical support visit


> Dah's User to User Self Support <

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 02, 2009 - 3:07PM #214
DAH54
Posts: 3,318
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 02, 2009 - 3:25PM #215
DAH54
Posts: 3,318

Father_Oblivion wrote:

I read your link. Do you agree that the thread itself is just hyperbole or are you of the opinion that a person in office for less than two weeks who is also fighting two wars should have already hired all new FEMA staff and had a response prepared?


I believe there are real differences in the two events. So far the governor appears to be happy, we have an infrastructure here in the rust bucket that is old and worn out IMHO. We have spent much money in Iraq upgrading and repairing their infrastructure, while ignoring our own, this has resulted in deaths of our people, and will result in the lost of more life. Like you say it has only been two weeks, and all of the people he wishes in power are not yet in power. However I've also heard that his party is in charge.... That the buck stops on his desk, unless he can lay it off onto someone else. He is in charge, not Bush now. This happen on his watch. Do we put a feather in Bushes cap and claim what a great job he did as a president because more lives where not lost?

To often we have had a president worried about being re-elected, rather than about the people,  we will have plenty of time to see where this president priorities really are...




.

For Technical support visit


> Dah's User to User Self Support <

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 02, 2009 - 4:41PM #216
DAH54
Posts: 3,318
Here is what Fema claims to have done so far:

ATLANTA, Ga. -- The Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is helping the Commonwealth of Kentucky with its response to this week's major winter storm. Wednesday evening, Gov. Steve Beshear asked for and quickly received an Emergency Declaration from President Obama, which cleared the way for federal aid for 61 designated counties.
FEMA began moving food, water and industrial-size emergency generators into the commonwealth Thursday morning. [COLOR=Red]To date, 12 truckloads of water, six truckloads of meals ready-to-eat and 50 industrial-size generators
to provide power for critical facilities have moved into the national logistics staging area at Fort Campbell. In addition, FEMA is fulfilling the commonwealth's requests for fuel and communications equipment.
"We are working closely with Kentucky emergency management officials and will continue to do so as long as necessary to help the people of the commonwealth through this winter storm emergency," FEMA Regional Administrator Phil May said. "Our priorities are to save lives and protect public health and safety."
Federal Coordinating Officer Kim Kadesch went to the Kentucky Emergency Operations Center in Frankfort on Thursday, joining FEMA liaison personnel already there.
FEMA's Regional Response Coordination Center in Atlanta activated at 7 a.m. Thursday morning, allowing several federal agencies to join in coordinated support of Kentucky's efforts to protect life and property.
Under the emergency declaration, this aid comes under FEMA's Public Assistance program for state agencies and affected local governments.  FEMA directs other federal agencies and provides 75 percent federal funding for emergency measures.
The 61 counties named in the emergency declaration are:  Allen, Anderson, Barren, Bath, Boyd, Boyle, Breathitt, Breckinridge, Butler, Caldwell, Calloway, Carlisle, Clark, Crittenden, Daviess, Edmonson, Elliott, Estill, Fayette, Floyd, Fulton, Garrard, Graves, Grayson, Hardin, Harrison, Hart, Hickman, Hopkins, Jackson, Jessamine, Johnson, Larue, Lincoln, Logan, Lyon, Madison, Magoffin, Marion, Marshall, Mason, McCracken, Meade, Mercer, Metcalfe, Morgan, Muhlenberg, Nelson, Nicholas, Ohio, Owsley, Perry, Powell, Shelby, Todd, Trigg, Union, Washington, Webster, Wolfe and Woodford.
FEMA leads and supports the nation in a risk-based, comprehensive emergency management system of preparedness, protection, response, recovery, and mitigation, to reduce the loss of life and property and protect the nation from all hazards including natural disasters, acts of terrorism, and other man-made disasters.
Last Modified: Sunday, 01-Feb-2009 11:41:21
[/COLOR]


[COLOR=DarkRed]The governor has call up all the National guard of the state, but because of power and phone outages has not be able to reach all of them... As of yesterday FEMA reports they have a lot of stuff sitting in staging areas, waiting... As soon as their are people and the ice melts it will be used...
[/COLOR]




.

For Technical support visit


> Dah's User to User Self Support <

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 08, 2009 - 5:27PM #217
DAH54
Posts: 3,318

Barði wrote:

Oh who am I kidding? I'm sure that anyone who is freezing to death this week in Kentucky is probably some lazy welfare mother who will not be missed much because she is only a drain on MY TAX DOLLARS.

Who's with me on this?


I'm not. But then perhaps I'm just a bit too close...



.

For Technical support visit


> Dah's User to User Self Support <

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 08, 2009 - 5:36PM #218
DAH54
Posts: 3,318

Barði wrote:

But yeah, when Ike hit my town last summer, I was fortunate and had running water, electricity and a fridge full of food that had not spoiled. So I opened up my doors and my fridge and fed my neighbors and co-workers hot home cooked meals. I let friends use my shower and toilet while they weren't weeks without running water. I'm thumping my chest because here I am a lowly and poor heathen who knows not the grace of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. I do not come from wealth. (Heck, I am still suffering because I am still short a half of a paycheck due to three hurricanes.) I am just a simple working man who cares not about conservatives or liberals, but saw something that needed to be done and did it out of the kindness of my heart.


Congratulations! You saw something that needed to be done, and you were blessed with the ability to do it, and chose to do it! Thank you!

Barði wrote:

But yeah, I think I deserve this bit of chest thumping seeing as how I always see how conservatives always give and volunteer more than liberals on these boards. Apparently, they still have enough spare time and energy to kvetch about how global warming is bunk and the president is incompetent while the poor in thier own home town suffer.


And enough spare time to say thank you as well, I appreciate what you did for your friends, co-workers and neighbors, thank you again.


.

For Technical support visit


> Dah's User to User Self Support <

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 22 of 22  •  Prev 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook