Switch to Forum Live View Hansen's supervisor is a skeptic and is embarrased by Hansen.
6 years ago  ::  Jan 27, 2009 - 9:28PM #1
Bodean
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2009 - 2:21PM #2
geologist

Hansen is now promoting civil disobedience to protest lack of action against global warming.  In response to the news, his former supervisor said this:

"Oh my goodness," one of Hansen's former supervisors, Dr. John Theon, told FOXNews.com when informed of the video. "I'm not surprised ... The fact that Jim Hansen has gone off the deep end here is sad because he's a good fellow."

Hansen has lost all credibility, if he ever had any.  This has become  personal crusade motivated by a deep-seated psychological need to be right despite all the evidence against his theory.  He's been caught fudging temperature data and has consistently tried to bully opponents of AGW theory into silence. 

Ironically, the big global warming protest scheduled in D.C. tomorrow will make Hansen, Gore and the rest of the global warming alamists look like fools.   They will be protesting in the aftemath of a blizzard in frigid temperatures.   God truly has a sense of humor. 

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,501064,00.html

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 03, 2009 - 10:04AM #3
BeerLover

Not just Hansens's mentor, but Reverend Al's as well!  I read on Drudge a few weeks back (sorry, no link), that the guy who taught Al Gore earth science and the global environment at Princeton also didn't believe in AGW.  He said even if global warming was real and man made, we didn't have the political will to make the necessary changes to stop it. 

Real interesting fellow.  He first articulated the gaia theory that the earth was a living organism.  His solution was also radical.  He proposes that if we want to reduce the atmospheric CO2 concentration, the best way would be to harvest biomass, turn it to charcoal, and bury it deep underground.  It makes wonderful sense, really.  Plants sequester an enormous amount of CO2 every growing season.  Bacteria and nematodes in the soil metabolize a lot of this biomass re-releasing CO2 during the decay process.  If you were to collect this biomass instead on a global scale, you could remove enough CO2 to make a difference.  Of course, you would lose your excuse to regulate the power industry this way, so don't look for it to be high on any government's agenda.  Something to think about.

BeeerLover

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2009 - 4:27PM #4
Bodean

Hey Beerlover ...

Funny you should mention such.  The latest hairbrained project I'm working on here at my house is a Compost Heater.  I have a crawl space [peer and beam system], and I figure, if I can heat that dude, some of that heat will rise through the floor, thus heating the house.  And the fuel is FREE!

I mean hey, if the little buggers are going to break the stuff down anyway .. I might as well get a little benefit from it!

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2009 - 11:15AM #5
BeerLover

Apr 2, 2009 -- 4:27PM, Bodean wrote:

Hey Beerlover ...

Funny you should mention such.  The latest hairbrained project I'm working on here at my house is a Compost Heater.  I have a crawl space [peer and beam system], and I figure, if I can heat that dude, some of that heat will rise through the floor, thus heating the house.  And the fuel is FREE!

I mean hey, if the little buggers are going to break the stuff down anyway .. I might as well get a little benefit from it!

Sounds a little too WT to me, kind of like hanging your clothes on a clothes line or gutting deer on the front porch.....

So, how does it all work?  Do you shovel garbage under the house and it just disappears?

Actually, the whole energy from garbage concept has been bouncing around for some time, whether it be just heat like what you are doing, or generating and capturing methane.  Farmers in Europe used to build barns attached to their houses to take advantage of the heat their animals gave off.  I guess it's not sexy enough to garner big government grants though. 

Let me know how it works.  {I have a crawl space, too.}

BeerLover

Enjoying Yungling's Black and Tan these days.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2009 - 5:03PM #6
Bodean

We don't get Yengleng here in AR.  I guzzled the stuff, however, when I was in Philly.

Black and Tan .. new variety?? .. or just the good stuff that I never took notice of the label.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook