Switch to Forum Live View Beyond Voting...Being a Good Citizen
6 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2008 - 4:32PM #1
BeliefnetFamily
Voting is #1, but in addition to exercising your right to vote, what’s the best way to be a good citizen?  What, if anything, do you do--or would you like to do, or do you think everyone should do--to be responsible members of a democratic society? Your answers might appear in a Beliefnet feature... Thanks!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 02, 2008 - 9:32PM #2
klm
To be a good citizen, in my opinion,  is believing and acting in a very basic manner.  Obeying the law, rather than trying to get around it,  working to to improve your community.  playing by the rules or working with others to change them if you don't agree.  Supporting and believing in those elecrted to serve even though you might not agree with everything.   Helping those who need help and working for the common goal whatever that might be.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 02, 2008 - 9:32PM #3
klm
To be a good citizen, in my opinion,  is believing and acting in a very basic manner.  Obeying the law, rather than trying to get around it,  working to to improve your community.  playing by the rules or working with others to change them if you don't agree.  Supporting and believing in those elecrted to serve even though you might not agree with everything.   Helping those who need help and working for the common goal whatever that might be.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 16, 2009 - 8:18AM #4
Miraclecreator
Over 30 years ago I swore an oath that says "I do not advocate the initiation of force to achieve political or social goals".  Since that time my spiritual studies have led me to adopt this as a way of life.  I believe a good citizen should examine issues and candidates to see if force is involved.  For example I believe in charity rather than welfare that uses force if necessary to extort money from one person to give to another.  Actions based on aggression, will only continue a cycle of more aggression.  Look for solutions based on love and understanding of our fellow man.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook