Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Hello from your new moderator..introductions welcome
6 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2008 - 4:43PM #1
Justme333
Hi everyone. I am Justme333 and want to introduce myself as the new moderator of this board. I have been reading a lot of the threads here, and it seems that you have a good group, who do a good job of following the ROC.  It is my understanding that this board is fairly open to discussion of all things dealing with faith, values, and public policy (except for abortion and homosexuality which have their own boards), but is not a debate board, so am thinking that if everyone posts their own thoughts on a topic without challenging another poster's thoughts, it should be OK. Or another way to put it is to discuss and not argue. The only thing that I am a stickler about is that all posters treat each other with respect - guess that is one of my own values. I am a Catholic who values social justice. I look forward to getting to know you all, so feel free to post on this thread and introduce yourselves to me, or even each other.

Justme
"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."  Will Rogers

"Give to those who ask, and don't turn away from those who want to borrow."  Matthew 5:42

"Charity is no substitute for justice withheld."         St. Augustine

"Your love for God is only as great as the love you have for the person you love least."  Dorothy Day

"If you want peace, work for justice." Pope Paul VI
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2008 - 3:53PM #2
Agnosticspirit
Hallo Justme, nice to see you here! It gets kind of slow around these parts, but fortunately the pace usually gives posters the luxury of calm, well-thought out posts. :)
Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2008 - 5:55PM #3
Justme333
[QUOTE=agnosticspirit;845775]Hallo Justme, nice to see you here! It gets kind of slow around these parts, but fortunately the pace usually gives posters the luxury of calm, well-thought out posts. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks - I have noticed and appreciated the laid back atmosphere.  It is a nice change from the other board I host - the Abortion Debate Board.

Justme
"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."  Will Rogers

"Give to those who ask, and don't turn away from those who want to borrow."  Matthew 5:42

"Charity is no substitute for justice withheld."         St. Augustine

"Your love for God is only as great as the love you have for the person you love least."  Dorothy Day

"If you want peace, work for justice." Pope Paul VI
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2008 - 6:46PM #4
Agnosticspirit

justme333 wrote:

Thanks - I have noticed and appreciated the laid back atmosphere.  It is a nice change from the other board I host - the Abortion Debate Board.

Justme

Yeah... those Moral Issues and Political forums... what a minefield! Gotta wear your body armor at all times and it's nice when you can take off the armor and just hang around in your jeans.... :)

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2010 - 8:25AM #5
Karma_yeshe_dorje

G'day Justme333:

not a debate board, so am thinking that if everyone posts their own thoughts on a topic without challenging another poster's thoughts

Ugh!

I have a motivational problem at the start of a campaign.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook